J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by RDFinn

What...didn't you see the tracks all over his vehicle, or are you another prick that thinks it is just fine and dandy to have your animal walk all over another's property.

Prick ? Do I know you or is this the way you normally address folks. To your question, of course not and I am a car nut so I can certainly understand Kirk's anger with that nice ride of his. I probably would have kicked that frickin cat in the head or caused some type of harm he'd soon not forget. It just sounded, and maybe I'm wrong, that he knew it was a neighbor's pet. Don't recall if he shot the frickin cat or trapped it. If he trapped it, of well, so be it. Feral cats are open season.

If it is off the back porch, it is feral.

So if you had a cat or dog that ran onto my property, you're OK with me blasting them ?

I have already shot animals of mine own that were uncontrollable...and any neighbour that beats me to it is just saving me the effort of taking the animal out to the paddock and shooting it myself.

Unlike yourself I do take property rights seriously, both mine own and those of my neighbours.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man alive.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Since I have no idea where the "land of milk and honey is" (it sure isn't where I live!) and a cat wearing a COLLAR is in my garage and putting his soft pads all over my car and belongs to a neighbor, maybe I'm just odd, but the civilized part of me says to first go over and inform said neighbor of the problem, then if it persists, I would seek other alternatives.

Unless I or my family were in danger (as in a rabid cat/dog or one of TRH's Pit Bulls), I'm just not into killing pets.

This. You gotta love a steely-eyed cat killer who doesn't even have the balls to tell the neighbor what he did. Probably feared having to pass his dentures a week later.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I heard them in the garage, and fired off 3 rounds just outside to try and scare them off. Didn't work. I went inside, and they had him pinned between the car and the wall. They saw me, and started to come at me, so I shot the 1st one.

Originally Posted by rost495
ya just gotta love folks that don't even give the owners a notice.....

I'd do some killing myself, but it might not be all 4 legged ones...

So, in your mind (since you replied to HilhamHawk in your post), he should have given the owner notice first? Screw that.

I'm a dog person, love them, but I'd a shot that dog on the spot as well.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by IntruderBN

This. You gotta love a steely-eyed cat killer who doesn't even have the balls to tell the neighbor what he did. Probably feared having to pass his dentures a week later.

Actually turkey breath, my neighbours do know my predilection for removing unwanted pests from my property.

Now kindly toddle off and play with your other ped mates.

Boo...scat!

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Actually turkey breath, my neighbours do know my predilection for removing unwanted pests from my property.

Boo...scat!

Not talking about you, idiot.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Boo...scat!

Not talking about you, idiot.

Don't really care, you got a reply from me as you are obviously an unmitigated prick.

You deserve it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Now Miles, if you are still slandering me as an apologist for pits this makes at least 3 times you've called for my permanent removal from our wonderful planet.

Your last chance to say sorry and be nice...or else!

Or else what? You going to go buy a pit and show me how nice they are?

Normal Campfire procedure, once dialogue has reached the "or else" point is for you two to pick a bridge somewhere, meet up under it, and settle this.

Keep us posted (so's spreadsheets can be generated / bets laid,) take lotsa' pics, .....

Miles58, since SBTCO is making the call out, you get to choose the weapons.

Get with it, boys.

GTC
Yorkies vs pits, close contact.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Now Miles, if you are still slandering me as an apologist for pits this makes at least 3 times you've called for my permanent removal from our wonderful planet.

Your last chance to say sorry and be nice...or else!

Or else what? You going to go buy a pit and show me how nice they are?

Normal Campfire procedure, once dialogue has reached the "or else" point is for you two to pick a bridge somewhere, meet up under it, and settle this.

Keep us posted (so's spreadsheets can be generated / bets laid,) take lotsa' pics, .....

Miles58, since SBTCO is making the call out, you get to choose the weapons.

Get with it, boys.

GTC

It would be refreshing to see a round of good old fashioned nut kicking.

Square off, take turns and see who's standing at the end.

Has either Miles or SBTCO had bionic knee surgery? That could be a "deal" killer.

I don't know how old Miles is but considering I am closer to 60 than 50, and most things (excepting noses and ears) seem to shrink as we age, I may have an advantage, bionic knee or not.

As to you Miles and your irrational hatred of all things pitbull.........

....Aeh Faart in Yoor Geneeraal Dahrection....

β€œSome ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have no tolerance for what you say either, I just can't shoot pets. A weakness on my part. As to Australia, lovely place and lovely folks.

I'd have to agree with you. I can't bring myself to shoot an obviously domestic cat, or dog, just for the crime of trespassing. Obviously feral animals, or one's that are being a threat to me or mine? An entirely different story.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Boogaloo

How did the cat get into the garage in the first place?

Once you let your cat out the door the only way to know where it goes is to attach a gps or a camera.

I would have just opened the door on the first day and let the cat out...but I generally don't want any animals in my garage. The lizards I don't mind, they eat bugs and don't bother anything.

Cats don't really like to be confined.

I've been encouraging my cat to go into the garage to look for rodents. Before the cat adopted me a rat pissed on the gas tank on my bike a while back and blistered the paint.

It does not matter how the cat got in, it was on another's property doing what it shouldn't.

So, dead.

As for your cat, who cares what your cat does on your property, off your property is another thing entirely.

This seems to be the crux of the matter...there are those that think their pet has right of access to everyone else's property...and you all seem to get upset when you lose the pet.

The fault belongs solely to the owner that does not control his animal, this is no different than a farmer allowing his stock to roam over a highway or a neighbours crop.

That is not what I am saying, you are completely missing any of my points....

I think it does matter, if you leave your garage door open all kinds of animals will find entry. Cat behavior is very different than dogs and cattle...they are not herd animals and are difficult to confine. I often come home to see the cat profiled on my 2nd story roof looking like a weathervane...I never saw any dogs or cattle up there, so unless you want to lock them in a room with no exit...say like a garage...that was my point.

When I didn't remember to leave my front door closed, within a short time, I've had cats, dogs, possums, frogs, lizards walk in, a tortoise...but when my horse walked into my living room, that's when I figured it out...I can't claim to be the smartest one in the bunch.

I don't think the cat wanted to be confined in the garage for two weeks without food and water, and had a door been opened, even within the first hour, all you would have seen is a blur of a cat leaving the scene.

The cat may have been in the garage looking for rats or other small animals that he could smell or hear, not to degrade a sacred piece of Detroit iron. A rat however, seems to have no couth whatsoever in that situation.

If you have some understanding of the problem and the inherent nature of the animals involved, then you can prevent the problem (preferred), or minimize the problem without causing more problems for yourself down the road. If I locked any cat in a room for two weeks I would expect it to search every square inch of the space to find an exit.

If a strange cat was in my garage with my Porsche or BMW, I'd want it out of there right now...I wouldn't wait for two weeks and make sure all the exits were sealed off so that I could shoot it or trap it...clawing a convertible top could get pricey, but that's just me.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Tracks
My lab is a pet. I defend her.
Potential burglars see a Pitbull, or Doberman, or German Shepherd, staring back at them from the front window and they usually start looking elsewhere. So while you're not home, the image of the kind of dog you have has its deterrence effect all by itself, without your dog ever actually having to do anything. Not so with most other breeds. Who's going to protect your lab when you're not home and someone breaks in because they don't respect a lab?

Potential burglars see a pit, rottie, or doberman looking through the window, and the burglar wraps a jacket around his left arm, then picks up a 2 foot piece of 1 1/4 inch steel pipe with his right hand. The altercation is over in less than 2 seconds with very little noise.

As told by a convicted burglar to a neighborhood watch group. Not a pleasant thought, just the way it is.

The ones he did not like were the yappy little ankle biters which hide under the bed and raise holy hell.
Not according to burglars themselves. Studies have been conducted where convicted burglars in prison are asked to rank dogs according to breed that would cause them to skip a house over. Pitbulls rate at the top. Dobermans aren't far behind.

Talk to the burglars whom are not PETA members!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In my entire life, the dogs we've had were chosen based on which breeds folks are most afraid of, and that for burglary prevention. While houses all around me, in several different places where I've lived these fifty-something years, neighbors without such dogs have been burglarized, while no house I've lived in ever was (apart from theft from an open garage). I choose to believe that's not a coincidence. Believe what you like. That's a very long string of good luck if it's nothing to do with my choice in dog breeds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My daughter's first Pit mix (on left) was so vicious it was decided to get him a playmate.

[Linked Image]

...here he is getting ready to attack.....

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
RD, nice looking pups, take care of them well.

the rest of this reply is not to you directly.

What an interesting thread this has devolved into.

Nut kicking under bridges and all!

Yorkies vs pits!

Cats on roofs and in garages.

I'm probably forgetting something, but it's been an interesting read.

I'm not sure about which state the car owner (Shrapnel, MT?) with the "solved" cat problem lives in, but depending, it could have been no major offense for trapping a cat on one's property. My take on his post was not that the cat was in the garage for two weeks, but that the track making on the car was accomplished over the course of a couple of weeks. Perhaps I'm wrong in my thinking tho. However it was, those are a lot of prints on that car. And there should be no requirement that a person close their garage door fully either, during the day or night.

Used to be in California, cats were not considered domesticated animals, and therefor owners had no responsibility. Saw a case many many years ago on the "Peoples COurt" program, and Judge Judy was surprised when she dug into it and came back with her ruling. Condos, cat jumped from one balcony to another, knocked over table with expensive vase, vase owner "sues" on Peoples Court, Judy finds for the defendant as there was no basis in CA law for the vase owner to recoup funds from an incident involving a "wild" (non- domesticated) animal.

It also meant, (it may have/probably has changed over the years) that cats in your yard, garage, on your roof, etc were basically "fair game" as they weren't someones "pet". One might get in trouble for discharging a firearm in a closed area, but not in trouble for killing the cat. This I know, as my friend's father shot the neighbor's cat going back over the fence after weeks of it pis--ng on his brand new 1964/65 International Travelall. Getting in through a torn vent screen to sleep on the warm hood, then peeing on it. If recollection is correct, the neighbors were warned.

Neighborly thing to do? Civil thing to do? I'll leave that for you all to decide, individually.

JStuart, I hope this finds you well and enjoying life below the equator (unless one is looking at it from a "southern" perspective, then one would be above it?).

If I'm not mistaken, you folks have an entirely different problem there with feral cats, similar in some respects to your problems with foxes and rabbits, no? I'm assuming there is a year round "open season" on them. I can easily see your point of view of "euthanising" them on your property then.

I'll also hazard a guess you have no "open range" areas there? Your comment about stock getting into a neighboring farmer's land fits with many places in the eastern half of our country, but out west here there are many places where if you don't want the cows to eat your roses or cross your road, YOU better fence them out. (I have an interesting anecdote regarding that occurrence on a friend's ranch and a person who purchased a 40 acre parcel within the ranch's confines)

Mr Stuart, enjoy the rest of your summer, fall is approaching. I'm sure you'll appreciate the break in the heat. I'll be appreciating the break in the rain (hope hope hope).

Now, I'm hoping there is no nut kicking contest as we have no real need for such shenanigans, do we?

If there is, the WNKA (World Nut Kicking Association, official governing body of the sport) requires the contestants to wear a cup and to only wear slippers (Steel toes are an automatic disqualification. Fines will be incurred also, payable to Valsdad...... in cash, for tax purposes of course)

We need a volunteer to call the play by play also.

And do not, under any circumstance, schedule it on an evening when the Sharks are playing.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
life must be challenging for some.

neighbors cat in garage?

A) let it out and fix the hole where it got in.

or

B) trap it, beat it to death, post the pics on a public forum, then lie through your teeth to your neighbor.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[

bullshit.

Then do not raise cats here, for the overwhelming majority think as I do.

So does our Government, as we have untold millions of the bastard things roaming about.

Where exactly is "the land of milk and honey"?. Scratch that. I see Australia.

I watched a program on your fantastic Bowerbird and it's struggle against extinction due to predation by non-native feral house cats. They were shown to be an enormous ecological problem in Australia.

Last edited by kingston; 01/26/16.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Australia!, Mate... smile

A good principle to guide me through life: β€œThis is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
RD, nice looking pups, take care of them well.

the rest of this reply is not to you directly.

What an interesting thread this has devolved into.

Nut kicking under bridges and all!

Yorkies vs pits!

Cats on roofs and in garages.

I'm probably forgetting something, but it's been an interesting read.

I'm not sure about which state the car owner (Shrapnel, MT?) with the "solved" cat problem lives in, but depending, it could have been no major offense for trapping a cat on one's property. My take on his post was not that the cat was in the garage for two weeks, but that the track making on the car was accomplished over the course of a couple of weeks. Perhaps I'm wrong in my thinking tho. However it was, those are a lot of prints on that car. And there should be no requirement that a person close their garage door fully either, during the day or night.

Used to be in California, cats were not considered domesticated animals, and therefor owners had no responsibility. Saw a case many many years ago on the "Peoples COurt" program, and Judge Judy was surprised when she dug into it and came back with her ruling. Condos, cat jumped from one balcony to another, knocked over table with expensive vase, vase owner "sues" on Peoples Court, Judy finds for the defendant as there was no basis in CA law for the vase owner to recoup funds from an incident involving a "wild" (non- domesticated) animal.

It also meant, (it may have/probably has changed over the years) that cats in your yard, garage, on your roof, etc were basically "fair game" as they weren't someones "pet". One might get in trouble for discharging a firearm in a closed area, but not in trouble for killing the cat. This I know, as my friend's father shot the neighbor's cat going back over the fence after weeks of it pis--ng on his brand new 1964/65 International Travelall. Getting in through a torn vent screen to sleep on the warm hood, then peeing on it. If recollection is correct, the neighbors were warned.

Neighborly thing to do? Civil thing to do? I'll leave that for you all to decide, individually.

JStuart, I hope this finds you well and enjoying life below the equator (unless one is looking at it from a "southern" perspective, then one would be above it?).

If I'm not mistaken, you folks have an entirely different problem there with feral cats, similar in some respects to your problems with foxes and rabbits, no? I'm assuming there is a year round "open season" on them. I can easily see your point of view of "euthanising" them on your property then.

I'll also hazard a guess you have no "open range" areas there? Your comment about stock getting into a neighboring farmer's land fits with many places in the eastern half of our country, but out west here there are many places where if you don't want the cows to eat your roses or cross your road, YOU better fence them out. (I have an interesting anecdote regarding that occurrence on a friend's ranch and a person who purchased a 40 acre parcel within the ranch's confines)

Mr Stuart, enjoy the rest of your summer, fall is approaching. I'm sure you'll appreciate the break in the heat. I'll be appreciating the break in the rain (hope hope hope).

Now, I'm hoping there is no nut kicking contest as we have no real need for such shenanigans, do we?

If there is, the WNKA (World Nut Kicking Association, official governing body of the sport) requires the contestants to wear a cup and to only wear slippers (Steel toes are an automatic disqualification. Fines will be incurred also, payable to Valsdad...... in cash, for tax purposes of course)

We need a volunteer to call the play by play also.

And do not, under any circumstance, schedule it on an evening when the Sharks are playing.

Geno

Hello, we are in high summer here but the weather cannot seem to make it's mind up.

As to the feral cats here, there are untold millions of them and they are making a mess of the native fauna...and shooting the cats is something that every firearms owner does here, I do not think I have ever met a hunter that doesn't shoot cats, same goes for fox and rabbits.

The land in this area is all privately owned and fenced.

We do not have a lot of tolerance for cats.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston
[

bullshit.

Then do not raise cats here, for the overwhelming majority think as I do.

So does our Government, as we have untold millions of the bastard things roaming about.

Where exactly is "the land of milk and honey"?. Scratch that. I see Australia.

I watched a program on your fantastic Bowerbird and it's struggle against extinction due to predation by non-native feral house cats. They were shown to be an enormous ecological problem in Australia.

They are a plague that keeps on breeding, and the cat loving half-wits in the towns cannot seem to get their minds around the concept as they are not impacted by the creatures, or the numbers.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.