Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Phil, the next time you feel weak, put me on the interest list. On a daily basis I'm broke. But, I have a secret stash of liquid assets, a little silver and gold, for when I get weak, and that one made my knees wobble, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WOW. You guys sure the T knobs
Year are for the ever elusive RST? Or is it TSR...SRT?

Last edited by Angus1895; 01/26/16.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of you guys are so cheap, you'd squeeze a nickle till the buffalo sh*its!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had the gun for sale for about half what it was worth.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Go figure, don't like the sight that's on it, buy one that you thinks right and sell the first one. Kinda a break even deal. If I didn't all ready own RS's 2-250's & 1-300 it would have been gone at the first posting.

My RS's will be the last ones to go. Even if the girls sell them at a garage sale. That is if they follow my instructions. eek grin GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
PM sent

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And on and on it goes. It was a rifle for sale folks and it's worth what ever someone wants to pay for it. The seller made the correct choice.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
It's really too bad this happened. A guy selling a firearm shouldn't go through this type of scrutiny unless he is a proven schmuck. If people want to debate certain characteristics of a specific 99 then they should just post a picture of a rifle in their collection and let the members make their comments. That would be an actual classroom exercise and one I think would be interesting. My collection is humble (and may become even yet humbler) and contains none of the exotic models I've heard other members speak of. So all I'm really saying is that we should keep our comments appropriate to the thread in which they are posted. I'd also like to see some of the more rarer models debated but also within the appropriate context.

Last edited by S99VG; 01/26/16.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To bad what happened?

He had it in his hands and changed his mind about selling it.

Don't really see what all this hype is about?

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by S99VG
It's really too bad this happened. A guy selling a firearm shouldn't go through this type of scrutiny unless he is a proven schmuck. If people want to debate certain characteristics of a specific 99 then they should just post a picture of a rifle in their collection and let the members make their comments. That would be an actual classroom exercise and one I think would be interesting. My collection is humble (and may become even yet humbler) and contains none of the exotic models I've heard other members speak of. So all I'm really saying is that we should keep our comments appropriate to the thread in which they are posted. I'd also like to see some of the more rarer models debated but also within the appropriate context.

My opinion exactely!! The classifieds are not the place to nitpick a sell apart. If you don't care for or think the sell is correct, keep on moving. All the other stuff is between the
buyer and seller.

Steve

Last edited by Sbrown; 01/27/16.

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 on the above.

Mike

NRA Patron Member

If its "Made in America", its not setting on a container ship!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Missed the all bruhaha but I'm glad it wasn't offered to me in Canada at that price as I have a soft spot for that model. Only seen a 303 R in that price range.

It's a really nice rifle at the end of the day! Glad to see it remain in a good home.

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

If it had been for sale within 300-ish miles of me, without a doubt I would have bought it cash on the barrel head and face-to-face. Send the money and pick it up at a later date, whenever it was mutually convenient.

The arguing over the minutiae is stupid. Either the rifle is worth the asking price, or it is not. In this case, it was a fantastic rifle at a bargain price from a GREAT GUY. What the hell is not to like about that????

Bickering about little sh1t is stupid, especially when most of the disagreeable parties had no frickin' intention of buying it in the first place.

Anyway, had the rifle and seller been anywhere near here, I would have sent cash-money in a small box and picked that gorgeous rifle up at sometime in the future.

What a balls-up.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yup , I was only about $700.00 short of buying it! Is a Nice rifle!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i've heard it a million times. It's the internet GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either open your wallet or close the yap trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Over at the Smith and Wesson forum, the only response to a for sale ad is "I'll take it. PM Sent".

I never liked it much, but now I see why it is in place.

The downside is someone can post a gun with serious flaws in the description, and no one can "help" with it. Either the seller is a crook or in most cases doesn't know any better. Either way, a newbie can get burnt, and no one is there to help.

Charlie

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Couldn't you post a warning thread on a seller if they were a know problem?

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crsides
Over at the Smith and Wesson forum, the only response to a for sale ad is "I'll take it. PM Sent".

The downside is someone can post a gun with serious flaws in the description, and no one can "help" with it. Either the seller is a crook or in most cases doesn't know any better. Either way, a newbie can get burnt, and no one is there to help.

Charlie

Standard practice on the campfire is that saying anything not positive about the gun takes place in forums other than the Classifieds. Some people don't follow that.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Charlie

Standard practice on the campfire is that saying anything not positive about the gun takes place in forums other than the Classifieds. Some people don't follow that.

Standard practice for "some" isn't always followed by "some". As far as I am concerned, criticism shout be in the form of a PM, unless something specific is asked for by the poster.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At CGN the equipment exchange is set up so that nobody but the poster can post in a thread, it's p.m. only.

That said can this be deleted Rick? It's like a bad hangnail.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Charlie

Standard practice for "some" isn't always followed by "some". As far as I am concerned, criticism shout be in the form of a PM, unless something specific is asked for by the poster.

I'll talk to Rickbin about putting you in charge then.

grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 264mag, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 14,552 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,334
Posts18,546,196
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.