Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Look guys the question still remains...Were they barraged and ambushed at the first stop without true justification? This we may never know but should at least be a question in this whole mess.

The only person claiming an ambush is the 18yo girl, noone else has made that claim in their statements. If there was any ambush you can bet your ass the Bundy lawyer would have saif so as would the other folks who were detained and released. Instead their statements so far directly contradict her story.

When video and every other statement contradict the statement of 1 then one must consider the accuracy.

Here is a failry well zoomed and enhanced video showing the truck. Less lethal CS rds can be seen being fired at approx 140-145 but notice the truck isnt shot up at all.

It also clearly shows Finicum reaching inside his jacket twice prior to being shot.

https://youtu.be/azmSAgTO4M4

Last edited by MallardAddict; 01/30/16. Reason: added video

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The only eyewitness account I know of is that of the 18 y/o woman in the vehicle. If anyone has links to any other accounts please post them.
This link is supposed to be a zoomed in version of the FBI video. In the video his hands appear to go to his torso several times. He could easily be clutching at multiple gunshot wounds. As I said before, this video proves nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiuIN2DO6vo

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCT
As I said before, this video proves nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiuIN2DO6vo

go trump

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thank you for your patience Rick...This has got to be the most diverse and open debate about the current events I have found yet on the Net.

What happened to those days when all we concerned ourselves about as daily news was who won a Ballgame or how big a Fish so and so caught?

Those REAL days could be available again...And I hope for my Great Grandchildren this can be true. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well said, Bugout.

I see lots of opinions and assumptions.

While there may not be many people agreeing with either the occupiers, or the way the whole thing was handled by the Federales, the one thing that still blares a flashing neon light is the way the public lands are being administered now.

It's even hard to get the message through to people on THIS website that ranchers and hunters on public lands are standing in the same boat, and when shots are fired into the hull by the opposition at one target, they both go down with the boat...

Many here take the side of the govt. because they simply don't want to risk losing free hunting.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mark McConnell the driver of the jeep posted a video to Facebook where he claims to have spoken to Ryan Payne and Shawna Cox who were in Finicums truck and subsequently arrested. Both allegedly stated to McConnell that Finicum wanted to fight it out and got out of the truck to do so.

McConnell also recounts an argument Payne and Finicum had where Payne wanted to surrender and Finicum wanted to fight.

McConnell repeatedly dismisses the statements made by the 18yo as not consistant with the stories of Payne and Cox.

https://youtu.be/ibbVgfiXeHI

I am 110% in support of the cattle ranchers and public use of these lands, anyone who thinks its on the up and up is either uninformed or chooses not to accept the reality. That said Bundy and his boys only set back any progress that was forthcoming by their actions.

The only solution will be public education and through the legal system. This isnt grade school and an eye for an eye doesnt work in our world.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somebody please tell me what the hell hit the truck at 1:18 and 1:44 in that video, if not bullets.

LOL
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 4ager
Considering the video and two of the other people in the truck directly contradict her version (and all their versions match each other), it ain't hard to see she wasn't exactly accurate in her take.

Poor thing probably has PTSD.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The impacts look 100% consistent with CS clouds from the sponges as launched from a less lethal device

.223, 9mm, 40 etc wouldn't make a smoke cloud like that on impact with sheetmetal.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Somebody please tell me what the hell hit the truck at 1:18 and 1:44 in that video, if not bullets.

Flash bangs and pepper sponges.

It was in the narrated video and posted here 2 or 3 times.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you. I was having trouble reconciling what was going on with the little puff.

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Look guys the question still remains...Were they barraged and ambushed at the first stop without true justification? This we may never know but should at least be a question in this whole mess.

The only person claiming an ambush is the 18yo girl, noone else has made that claim in their statements. If there was any ambush you can bet your ass the Bundy lawyer would have saif so as would the other folks who were detained and released. Instead their statements so far directly contradict her story.

When video and every other statement contradict the statement of 1 then one must consider the accuracy.

Here is a failry well zoomed and enhanced video showing the truck. Less lethal CS rds can be seen being fired at approx 140-145 but notice the truck isnt shot up at all.

It also clearly shows Finicum reaching inside his jacket twice prior to being shot.

https://youtu.be/azmSAgTO4M4

What if She is right? Would this change your perspective?

Let me tell you a short story about my early manhood. I was the Son of a Cop and my Uncle was a CHP at the time and Cops do NOT lie...

I was busted with just under an once of good weed. When I went for arraignment the judge said "You have been charged with possession of a half once of Marijuana a controlled substance...how do you plea?".

I replied "I will plea guilty to possession of just under an once your honor" "Which if I am not mistaken is a misdemeanor infraction now in this State? Then I asked him..."Where did the other half disappear to your honor?".

He looked at the Officer who was staring at the floor and would not look up as the judge stated...Case dismissed Mr.. I don't want to see you back. I thanked him and walked to the door out of the court room.

Fortunately there was enough traffic in and out the Door I was able to catch what happened after I left. "Officer ... We have been through this before and I would have never known if it had not been for this young Gentleman's honesty" STOP IT!

True Story...But Never doubt an expert witness with no reason to lie...

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 01/30/16.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
well said, Bugout.

I see lots of opinions and assumptions.

While there may not be many people agreeing with either the occupiers, or the way the whole thing was handled by the Federales, the one thing that still blares a flashing neon light is the way the public lands are being administered now.

It's even hard to get the message through to people on THIS website that ranchers and hunters on public lands are standing in the same boat, and when shots are fired into the hull by the opposition at one target, they both go down with the boat...

Many here take the side of the govt. because they simply don't want to risk losing free hunting.

I have been saying for years if hunters and LO's would unite we would be unstoppable.

The road block is always the "price" of wildlife. (Around here anyways)

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The video of Mark McConnell is interesting. It is not, however, the direct testimony of Ryan Payne or Shawna Cox. If we are going to be skeptical of the testimony of the 18 y/o girl we should probably be skeptical of his as well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What if She is right? Would this change your perspective?

Unfortunately her recorded statements have already been shown to be fraught with inaccuracies. I

If LE is found to have lied whether on a report or in court ALL of their testimony is considered tampered and thrown out, why shouldnt we apply the same standard to her statements. Surely as an adult she knows right from wrong and should be reasonably expected to be capable of articulating what she saw truthfully.

Here are some examples of why i find her statements should be discredited.
1. She claims LE fired on Finicums truck during the first stop yet none of the others make this claim. If LE fired why wouldnt everyone make the same claim since all were present?
2. She claims LE shot out the windows of the truck yet all 4 windows are clearly down prior to the initial stop of both vehicles and the windshield remains intact throughtout the entire video. So i ask how can LE shoot out windows that are clearly already rolled down?
3. She claims Ryan Bundy was shot by LE during the initial stop. yet noone else makes this claim, they claim he suffered a injury due to possible shrapnel. If Bundy was possibly shot then why wouldn't their group be all over that?
4. She claims she hid on the floorboard from the time Finicum fled yhe initial stop until the time she was taken out of the vehicle yet she claims to have seen LE fire 100 rds. How can she see this on the floorboard with the doors closed?
5. She claims the truck was shot up yet the vehicle appears entirely intact throughout the video. If the truck was shot up it would be evident. Bullets almost always take paint off metal around the impact, this effect should be magnified by the cold weather yet isn't present.
6. She claims after hitting the snowbank Finicum intended to walk towards town to "speak with the sheriff", yet we clearly see Finicum exit the vehicle and run AWAY from town. Also no visible LE in front of the truck yet he runs back to where he knows there is LE.
7. She claims to have witnessed LE shoot Finicum when he was on his knees with his hands up. Yet the video clearly shows he was never on his knees and in fact standing when shot with obvious distance between the snow line and his waist. How can a witness who is that close mistake whether Finicum was standing or on his knees?

I'm sorry but not a single statement she made has been proven or likely plausible based on what is shown in that video and several things she claims are flat proven wrong already through the video and other witness statements.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Flash bangs and pepper sponges.

It was in the narrated video and posted here 2 or 3 times.

And the Folks in the Car knew this what these weapons were how?

Was there a big sign stating "These are only Flash Bangs and Pepper Sponges and We are only trying to subdue you not kill you"???

"Disregard all the bullets going through your vehicle because we will never let it get out that these shots at you were real"

Really, how do know or think the whole factual truth will ever prevail in this event?

Guilty or not, I want the whole story and all the evidence. Anything less is an attempt to play me as a fool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
from what I have seen and read about this whole incident, he was set up, then murdered, by a dictatorship that selectively enforces laws, and selectively administers justice when doing so meshes with their goals.
We have an out of control, rogue government, at war with Citizens that push back. As I mentioned earlier, over the past 7 years, we have had a coup d'etat, and no one noticed.

Mannlicher, sometimes I think you are a grumpy yet harmless old fart who lives in a condo in Florida, who has to go to his suburban house in order to photograph his guns in the backyard. But once in a while the curtain drops, and you are revealed in all your bat-schidt crazy glory.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
from what I have seen and read about this whole incident, he was set up, then murdered, by a dictatorship that selectively enforces laws, and selectively administers justice when doing so meshes with their goals.
We have an out of control, rogue government, at war with Citizens that push back. As I mentioned earlier, over the past 7 years, we have had a coup d'etat, and no one noticed.

Mannlicher, sometimes I think you are a grumpy yet harmless old fart who lives in a condo in Florida, who has to go to his suburban house in order to photograph his guns in the backyard. But once in a while the curtain drops, and you are revealed in all your bat-schidt crazy glory.

Sycamore

He's WIDE AWAKE...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
maybe you two could share a bunker.

Sycamore nailed it and you are just as far down that rabbit hole as Mannlicher is.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,298
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.