Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
Armchair Matlocks at the 'fire, TFF.....

Hey , who you calling Matlock?

Make mine a "Columbo" to appease my Italian ancestors.

I'll make like I'm a bit "challenged" and bumbling.......

Until I'm not.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by SCT

It is also possible, as two witnesses have stated, that his hands were in the air when he was shot. I can't be sure based on that video, but then I am intellectually challenged.

You're not challenged, you're asking questions that need answering. THE questions that need answering. Without the answers to those questions, we DO NOT KNOW what happened.

The one's that don't care about precisely those questions, for the sake of accuracy, have drunk the guv Koolaid and can be ignored.

For some of us, it's not that we don't care - it's that we take the video in the context of the witness statements.....some of which are absolutely ridiculous.

Please provide some clarity for the rest of us. Which statements are ridiculous? How did that help you to interpret what you saw on the video?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Laughing my ass off.

How many people have you gone hands on with in your lifetime? I'm guessing right around ZERO. Your admitting this would go a long ways toward explaining your cluelessness.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Buck_

Gee. That's helpful. LOL. Hey jackwagon, turn off your diesel truck when capturing audio of an FBI standoff. F.

LOL
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by SCT

As I said before, the silent video from the airborne camera raised more questions than it answered. Many possible explanations have been posted here regarding what we can see on the video. They are just theories and not answers. It is hard to believe that law enforcement does not have better ground videos available, but maybe it is true. If it is true, why would they release this video and not something more definitive?

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.”

What are the right questions?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCT

For some of us, it's not that we don't care - it's that we take the video in the context of the witness statements.....some of which are absolutely ridiculous.

Please provide some clarity for the rest of us. Which statements are ridiculous? How did that help you to interpret what you saw on the video?

Seriously? You really need me to explain it?

Let's start with a witness who claims she can see what's going on while ducking for cover. The same one that said bullets were - in her words - "bouncing off the window". Why would I believe a word she says contradictory to others or to what I see?

That's all the help I care to give you. You're on your own for the rest. It's there for you to find if you curb your bias.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by SCT

Let's start with a witness who claims she can see what's going on while ducking for cover. The same one that said bullets were - in her words - "bouncing off the window". Why would I believe a word she says contradictory to others or to what I see?

That's all the help I care to give you. You're on your own for the rest. It's there for you to find if you curb your bias.

Here is a link to the testimony of the young girl that I heard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSwAeVI1abc She does say that they stayed low as they left the initial stop because they were being shot at. She goes on to describe the road block, swerving off the road, and the shooting of Lavoy. Why is it inconceivable that she lifted her head at some point to see what was happening? If she doesn't describe lifting her head does that mean it didn't happen?

Here is another link to the testimony of Shawna Cox with much better audio. http://www.freecapitalist.com/2016/...mbush-and-murder-of-lavoy-finicum-video/
The interview begins at 12:30. Again, she describes hunkering down as they left the initial stop, as they approached the roadblock, and again after they went off the road. This is not necessarily incompatible with never lifting her head enough to see something. She says that she saw Lavoy leave the car with his hands up. Interestingly, she does not see him get shot. Maybe she was lying low at this point? She says that the others saw him get shot. She does describe "bullets" bouncing off one of the windows while breaking others. I'm not sure what to make of this, but does that make her a liar?

I think if you listen to both accounts you will agree that they are consistent. It doesn't mean they aren't wrong or even lying about some things. I don't see anything that makes it obvious we should dismiss as not being credible. Like anybody else, I have my biases. I don't claim to know what happened in Oregon. I just don't think we can say for sure based on that video. Perhaps you should have a look at your own bias too? I watched the other video that was posted, and I found that less helpful. It appears that the witnesses arrived after the shooting had already taken place.

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

This witness describes what he calls a shootout. He says that he can't be sure how many shots came from the vehicle.

Here is a link to the FBI statement. http://www.ktvz.com/news/full-statement-of-fbi-update-on-refuge-takeover-shooting/37697288
It doesn't describe any shots fired from the vehicle, but it doesn't say they didn't fire either.

Looks like the waters just get muddier.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by SCT

It is also possible, as two witnesses have stated, that his hands were in the air when he was shot. I can't be sure based on that video, but then I am intellectually challenged.

You're not challenged, you're asking questions that need answering. THE questions that need answering. Without the answers to those questions, we DO NOT KNOW what happened.

The one's that don't care about precisely those questions, for the sake of accuracy, have drunk the guv Koolaid and can be ignored.

And the only answers you are going to get is exactly what the feds and whoever else wearing badges wants you to know. Maybe someday one of the law men will decide to tell it as it happened but don't hold your breath. It is impossible to tell from this video just how it all played out.

Surely there were several other cameras set up at this point so maybe some footage from one of them will be released. Just like the ones that show what the "rest of the story" about how the two inept cops murdered the rancher in Idaho.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCT
Originally Posted by SCT

Here is a link to the testimony of the young girl that I heard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSwAeVI1abc She does say that they stayed low as they left the initial stop because they were being shot at. She goes on to describe the road block, swerving off the road, and the shooting of Lavoy. Why is it inconceivable that she lifted her head at some point to see what was happening? If she doesn't describe lifting her head does that mean it didn't happen?

Here is another link to the testimony of Shawna Cox with much better audio. http://www.freecapitalist.com/2016/...mbush-and-murder-of-lavoy-finicum-video/
The interview begins at 12:30. Again, she describes hunkering down as they left the initial stop, as they approached the roadblock, and again after they went off the road. This is not necessarily incompatible with never lifting her head enough to see something. She says that she saw Lavoy leave the car with his hands up. Interestingly, she does not see him get shot. Maybe she was lying low at this point? She says that the others saw him get shot. She does describe "bullets" bouncing off one of the windows while breaking others. I'm not sure what to make of this, but does that make her a liar?

I think if you listen to both accounts you will agree that they are consistent. It doesn't mean they aren't wrong or even lying about some things. I don't see anything that makes it obvious we should dismiss as not being credible. Like anybody else, I have my biases. I don't claim to know what happened in Oregon. I just don't think we can say for sure based on that video. Perhaps you should have a look at your own bias too? I watched the other video that was posted, and I found that less helpful. It appears that the witnesses arrived after the shooting had already taken place.

Consistent with what? Shawna Cox claims several times that the agents wanted them dead. So why aren't they? She says they had laser dots all over them while bullets were flying. Are the OSP and FBI such poor shots that they can't hit a target their lasers are on? And bullets bouncing off the window. She also resorts to a lot of "I don't know", "I guess", "my guess is...", and the like in the interview - while some of the time she is describing what she sees in the video that she didn't see in real time. Heck - she can't even get what she sees in the video right. She describes Finicum's body laying on the snow with his right hand on his chest and his left hand extended - exactly the opposite of what is plain to see. Oh - and don't forget...when she says he has no gun, she is describing the video - not her own eye witness account. I can't tell if he has a gun in his hand or not by the video. Can you?

My bias - if I have one - is actually towards the feds abusing their authority. Yet, I can't ignore that Ms. Cox seems to have succumbed to perception skewed by panic, ignorance, and her own bias. Therefore, I believe my eyes more than her.

Victoria claims Finicum's hands were up when he was shot and they were still up after he was dead on the ground. I invite you to look again at the video. She is just flat wrong about that. She seems to be claiming that Finicum was shot six times on the ground, which contradicts Cox's statement - but I'm not sure about that (the girl's statement is largely incoherent). And then there are the "ton of LEO vehicles". "Forty vehicles". I'm at a loss there. Where are all those other vehicles? In the trees in the deep snow?

Clearly, Victoria's perception is questionable as well.

Cox claims that the agents shot up the vehicle heavily after they exited it. When did they do that? For the 10+ minutes of the unedited video after they left the vehicle, the pickup is fairly surrounded with LEO who are clearly not shooting but attending to other business. They're not ducking for cover. So when did the truck annihilation begin?

I'm sure we are all dying to see detailed close-range photos of the vehicle after the action, but at this point, I have a hard time believing much of either of the women's accounts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCT

This witness describes what he calls a shootout. He says that he can't be sure how many shots came from the vehicle.

Here is a link to the FBI statement. http://www.ktvz.com/news/full-statement-of-fbi-update-on-refuge-takeover-shooting/37697288
It doesn't describe any shots fired from the vehicle, but it doesn't say they didn't fire either.

Looks like the waters just get muddier.

That witness says maybe 5 or 6 shots in about 15 seconds but not sure from which side. From what he describes, it sounds like he got there just moments before the other occupants of the vehicle started exiting.

Did you notice the lack of LEO vehicles? Where are the other 30 or so LEO vehicles?

Last edited by FreeMe; 02/02/16.

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by SCT
Originally Posted by SCT

Consistent with what? Shawna Cox claims several times that the agents wanted them dead. So why aren't they? She says they had laser dots all over them while bullets were flying. Are the OSP and FBI such poor shots that they can't hit a target their lasers are on? And bullets bouncing off the window. She also resorts to a lot of "I don't know", "I guess", "my guess is...", and the like in the interview - while some of the time she is describing what she sees in the video that she didn't see in real time. Heck - she can't even get what she sees in the video right. She describes Finicum's body laying on the snow with his right hand on his chest and his left hand extended - exactly the opposite of what is plain to see. Oh - and don't forget...when she says he has no gun, she is describing the video - not her own eye witness account. I can't tell if he has a gun in his hand or not by the video. Can you?

My bias - if I have one - is actually towards the feds abusing their authority. Yet, I can't ignore that Ms. Cox seems to have succumbed to perception skewed by panic, ignorance, and her own bias. Therefore, I believe my eyes more than her.

Victoria claims Finicum's hands were up when he was shot and they were still up after he was dead on the ground. I invite you to look again at the video. She is just flat wrong about that. She seems to be claiming that Finicum was shot six times on the ground, which contradicts Cox's statement - but I'm not sure about that (the girl's statement is largely incoherent). And then there are the "ton of LEO vehicles". "Forty vehicles". I'm at a loss there. Where are all those other vehicles? In the trees in the deep snow?

Cox claims that the agents shot up the vehicle heavily after they exited it. When did they do that? For the 10+ minutes of the unedited video after they left the vehicle, the pickup is fairly surrounded with LEO who are clearly not shooting but attending to other business. They're not ducking for cover. So when did the truck annihilation begin?

I'm sure we are all dying to see detailed close-range photos of the vehicle after the action, but at this point, I have a hard time believing much of either of the women's accounts.

I would say they are consistent in that they both tell basically the same stories. They both say that the police fired at Ryan Payne without warning at the initial stop and that the firing continued after they left. They both say that were shot at many times after the car went off the road. They both describe the police firing what sounds like tear gas. Victoria describes the shooting of Lavoy while Shawna does not claim to see it herself.

If the police actually fired that many shots, is it unreasonable that Shawna felt like they wanted them all dead? Is the question of right arm versus left arm really a critical detail that destroys the credibility of the rest her story? Couldn't this be an honest mistake or an error of memory regarding an insignificant detail? Shawna claims that there was no gun in Lavoy's hand. Does anyone, including the FBI, claim that he was successful in drawing a weapon? I haven't heard it. You said that you can't tell yourself if he had a gun in his hand in the video. How does this destroy her credibility?

Yes, Victoria said Lavoy's hands were still up while he lay on the ground. So what? One arm was outstretched on the ground. The other appears to be on the body. Does this mean she is a liar? Does this really mean that the police didn't fire an unprovoked shot without warning at the first stop? Maybe they are lying. I don't know, but I don't see anything in the video which contradicts the important points of their story.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So much for the usual cry of “If they only had video, we’d know what happened.”

Also, does anybody know if there is cellular coverage along the route? If so, there probably is a LOT of audio of the “occupiers” stored on digital media.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If you listen to Shawna's testimony (link above), she claims that it occurred in an area void of cell coverage. She seems to think that this was the result of deliberate planning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
So much for the usual cry of “If they only had video, we’d know what happened.”

Also, does anybody know if there is cellular coverage along the route? If so, there probably is a LOT of audio of the “occupiers” stored on digital media.

Can't remember which on - but I recall one of the occupiers stating that there was no cell phone coverage there because they were trying to text during that time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCT
If you listen to Shawna's testimony (link above), she claims that it occurred in an area void of cell coverage. She seems to think that this was the result of deliberate planning.

Ah yes. Could have been deliberate planning. But it wouldn't take much planning to pull that off in eastern Oregon. In fact - probably would take more planning to make sure there was cell coverage.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't listen to it. But, it makes sense to do a takedown where the suspects can't call in backup. However, that doesn't mean there wasn't coverage along some of the route and a lot of audio.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCT

I would say they are consistent in that they both tell basically the same stories. They both say that the police fired at Ryan Payne without warning at the initial stop and that the firing continued after they left. They both say that were shot at many times after the car went off the road. They both describe the police firing what sounds like tear gas. Victoria describes the shooting of Lavoy while Shawna does not claim to see it herself.

If the police actually fired that many shots, is it unreasonable that Shawna felt like they wanted them all dead? Is the question of right arm versus left arm really a critical detail that destroys the credibility of the rest her story? Couldn't this be an honest mistake or an error of memory regarding an insignificant detail? Shawna claims that there was no gun in Lavoy's hand. Does anyone, including the FBI, claim that he was successful in drawing a weapon? I haven't heard it. You said that you can't tell yourself if he had a gun in his hand in the video. How does this destroy her credibility?

Yes, Victoria said Lavoy's hands were still up while he lay on the ground. So what? One arm was outstretched on the ground. The other appears to be on the body. Does this mean she is a liar? Does this really mean that the police didn't fire an unprovoked shot without warning at the first stop? Maybe they are lying. I don't know, but I don't see anything in the video which contradicts the important points of their story.

I'm not saying either of them are lying. I suspect that they both have skewed perception due to their own bias and due to panic. I'm comparing that with what I see myself lacking in any panic and actually biased in their favor.

Details do matter. Details that are perceived incorrectly bring other perceptions into doubt. The fact that Cox believes they wanted to kill her colors her perception of everything. I don't doubt that this is what she truly believes.

It's not unusual for people who hold the same preconception to perceive events similarly. In fact, it's quite common. I make no claim of having decided exactly who is right and who is wrong in this even, but I also have no intention of going off half-cocked with a claim of murder. I see plenty of people who were not on-the-ground eye witnesses getting a lot of attention who have no problem at all in claiming murder by the feds without good evidence to back that up. Those people, I view suspiciously and question their motives.

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (achlupsa, 35, alwaysoutdoors, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 8 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.