Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
MM,

LOTSA folks miss the fact,that any/all erector adjustment that's beneath zero...is simply USELESS. I drive 75MOA or more inclination,on a variety of wares that wear Fixed Fhuqkers,if only because that's what it takes to compensate for their huge erector travel and make it available. That on both Rimfires and Centerfires. Nice to have 40+ Mils on the erector,with another 10 Mils in the bank and on the windshield at immediate disposal.

[Linked Image]

Rear parallax rules.

'348,

Never was much into "ratings" and am happy to procure and see WTF in the firsthand.

Hint.

Laffin'.

[Linked Image]

I've not whistled much more than 3000 pellets ala 10x Fixed Fhuqker through my FWB 300S. If it pukes,I'll slap on another and never look back...if only because nothing else can begin to hang with it.

Gunned a BKL mount(which was formerly on one of my Annie 54's) to get going and awaiting the tapered(inclined) RWS to arrive in the Mail.

[Linked Image]

It shoots a smidge.(hint)

[Linked Image]

The 10 Meter parallax is a handy bitch and requisite for threading needles.

Hint.

TheBitchingSniveler,

Always a treat to be regaled with your never ending and rapidly growing list,of very WELL founded insecurities. You've got a bitchin' Whine,due all them years of heartfelt practice! You "lucky" kchunt.

Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You'd need a co-signer for the pellets,scope caps and muzzle tape...in no particular fhuqking order.

Hint.

Laffin'!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
3000 shots is rating enough. Thanks for the hints.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O.K. Boxer my little buddy. Since you invited me to come out and play, I will. Are you ready for it? Here it comes.

I know you are, but what am I?

Gotcha.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
75 moa forward slope looks like the magic number.

On the 12X scopes on 45 moa Badger bases, they each have 10 mils (34.4 moa) of 'down', with a 100 yard zero.

The additional 30 moa of forward slope that a 75 moa base would introduce, would leave them with about 1.2 mils 'down', and 42 mils up.

I've heard it said on this forum that 40 mils is more than needed for any practical purpose. To that I say, why does everything have to be practical...grin. Shooting a 308 at past a mile can be a lot of fun.

On a more serious note, having all that travel, and having the scope mounted to take advantage of it, does set up some practical advantages. When you are shooting out at long ranges, and have significant elevation dialed into the erector, you are still no where near the top of your elevation travel. That is good for a couple reasons.

First, you are likely near the mechanical center somewhere, and your optical quality is at it's best. Second, you have full windage adjustability if you are dialing wind.

I noted with the Leupold, that with elevation turret up near the top opitcal quality got a bit blurry, eye relief got really critical, and I was seeing an oval, or half-moon FOV, rather than round FOV.

The SWFA SS (my 10X and 12X anyway) maintain a full round and clear FOV, even cranked against the stops, top or bottom.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (2500HD, 21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 36 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.