Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 444Matt
I need to find something local like that. I'm no real collector but have really enjoyed the winchesters I've bought via this forum. Infact now that I think about it all my Winnie's have come from the classifieds here.

There's a good group of guys here Matt. Good place to buy guns too.

Yep ! Best forum on the fire, the few turds that show up here get flushed pretty darn fast! VB WP

I'm like a cheerio, you'll never flush me down buddy..... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've bought from here, Gunbroker, and private collections. After awhile you tend to know which sellers have the good stuff. smile

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by EricM
I've bought from here, Gunbroker, and private collections. After awhile you tend to know which sellers have the good stuff. smile

Eric

Alright, my 270 fwt and custom 338 aren't for sale. They don't shoot well enough for you guys.... You know, if guys would post a target like this one for each rifle they are trying to sell here, it might help a little:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I need to fine tune my loads a little bit... sick

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
BSA, My problem is after I decide to 'clean house or consolidate, cut back to one gun pre calibre, and go shoot the darn things for new photos, I change my mind on selling! LMAO, I do love the black knocked out of the target! Ive only owned a few that would not give me that 99% of time with pet factory ammo! the very best WinPoor

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BSA you could probably tighten up those groups if the guns were stocked with a nice piece of English or French walnut properly bedded and not that dam plastic stuff:)

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BSA, what were you using, a scattergun?! lol. J/k. Nice shooting. Where did you get the MOA challenge targets? That looks like fun.

Eric

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I'll buy guns anywhere I can get my hands in one for a reasonable price. Bought tons here on 24hr campfire. Place is kind of like a gold mine if you ask me.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by EricM
BSA, what were you using, a scattergun?! lol. J/k. Nice shooting. Where did you get the MOA challenge targets? That looks like fun.

Eric

ARFCOM..... Anyone can cherry pick targets. Try shooting 5 5 shot groups on the same paper with hunting rifles. I had to hurry that day since it was trying to get dark on me. I had to chain up to get to the range and when I got there, almost got stuck trying to turn around. I know the 30-06 I sold you can probably out shoot my 270 fwt and undoubtedly do better than my 338 win mag, but I've never developed a load for my 338. That's the load I developed for your rifle... laugh blush

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those are solid groups, BSA. All of them. I need to try it out. I'm not zeroed at 100 so I'll have to readjust. I still need to take the 338 out. blush The surf has been so good here lately all my spare time has been spent in the water.

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn Eric... That's too nice of a rifle to just let it sit there... If you don't want to use it, I'll buy it back... laugh whistle

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a chance, BSA!!! laugh

I'm going to set some time aside and run it through the laps. You should see the stack of ammo I have. smile

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
laugh. That's cool Eric. Can't wait to see how you like shooting the ol girl.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Im going to answer my own question here, I posted several guns on the fire, lot of interest but no cigars, I put 5 on GB as I had a history there ( Cattle Buyer) 3 heavy hitters were gone in less than 24 hrs! Im cleaning my guest bed room out! the very best winpoor

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well I have one listed here as well, giving the guys a chance. I am not ready to list it on Gun Broker just yet because then you are tied down to taking other offers.

I may soon list it on Guns Intenational.

That said I buy my collectible guns (old guns and young women are where it is at, LOl) from a vaiety of sources.

Guns International is a solid outfit.

Gun Broker has some deals but a lot of junk is on there, i.e. 100% original with extra holes, pad, etc, and the like.

Local Shops, Friends, and Gun Shows.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Mr sbrmike, I tend to agree, as I get older I can usually look at a write up, photos and return policy, make a phone call or message -email and tell if they are legit or full of $hit!! I got pissed with Guns America on the first gun I hit buy now on! The gun was a Van Orden, mod 70 sniper and the guy sold it before he even looked that I had hit buy now! the very best WinPoor

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]
This is the gun I hit buy now and got Frigged out of! It was a Sat afternoon and I hit it within an hour of it listing , finally got up with the seller on Monday and he said sorry its gone! very best winpoor

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've sold more through the fire than anywhere else. I put a Colt Diamondback 22 on GI and it was gone in less than a week. I'm no fan of GB.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
GSP, Every high end dealer Ive dealt with likes Guns International and most dislike GB, Prices tend to be on high end vis GI but they all seem to be willing to trade or try and come to the center I think GI is more brick and mortar oriented. I'm old fashioned I will tell a fellow what it takes and trade or pass. My old Daddy and Granddaddy were the same way, land , airplanes, cattle and guns ,just me... To me the key is knowing the market and timing. Poor timing has humbled me to the core twice, the mad Cow deal and then the ethanol fueled-feed stuffs market!
I put 4 on GB and 3 were gone in 24 hrs at the buy now!
I forgot to ask you ,what did you think if the Westminster grand champ? very best winpoor

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
A beautiful shorthair for sure. My one question would be does he hunt?

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
GSP, That was Mr Battues question, I would love to turn him loose on birds and find out! He may run up hike his leg and piss vs point.... My thinking is he is like a good looking pre 64 that shoots as good as it looks... I say its bred in em ,show dog or not... I guess we will never know.. very best winpoor
edit, I had a cousin with a fancy Brittney (sp?), Bitch was crazy as a sprayed roach till she was 3 or 4 then turned into the very best walking fence row quail dog I have ever toted a model 12 behind and shot over, we are talking wild birds we called house coveys... she worked close and would hold forever, Ive seen her look back and show her teeth, like she was asking WTF are you! The good old days!!very best

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 02/29/16.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (160user, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 270cowboy, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 26 invisible), 1,857 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,379
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.