Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Will be a week or so before I can get to the range but I'll see what I can come up with for ya.

Matt, shoot some 1 moa all day long targets... This should get interesting....:

[Linked Image] whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by doubletap

Clark,

He reads a lot about some guy out west who shoots the schit out of the little self propelled pop up targets.

Well smart azz, I moved here from Oregon. Spent a lot of time in the high desert of eastern Oregon. Even did some hunting in Idaho. They have this new invention called an airplane that makes it possible to hunt away from home. [/quote]

Grin,
wink I guess that's better than being called a dumbaz.

I would not know about anything outside of Idaho, as I have never traveled much, aside from the occaisional trip to Jordan Valley for the Big Loop.

BTW, everyone knows there aren't any jacks out on the sagebrush sea! Nor any ground squirrels! cool

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Will be a week or so before I can get to the range but I'll see what I can come up with for ya.

Would really appreciate that, thank you!

B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
OP, you want to look at a hunter rifle challenge, look up the postal shoot put out by carl ross. A lot of the chit talkers that shoot 1/2 moa rifles all day long shut the fu ck up pretty damn quick on that shoot. I'm still waiting for steelhead to post up his targets... wink

Gonna go check that out right now! Thx.

edited to add: google foo not very strong...was not able to come up with much. Any chance you have a link you could share?

Last edited by Brobee; 02/14/16.
B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Can you fill us in regarding the design of your experiment?

Will fill folks in a bit later on...:)

Nice rifle in your pics in your referenced thread! Also really liked seeing the cutback where you shoot. Hope to see an entry on the Challenge from you and that gorgeous 7mm-08.

Cheers,

Brobee

IC B2

B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
And if anyone's interested, here's what the distribution of scores I've received in the past two weeks looks like (note the different scoring formula I'm using if you want to calculate your own score):

[Linked Image]

Where do you fit in now? How much could you improve if you practiced all summer?

I'd love to see some data from 24hourcampfire folks!

Cheers,

Brobee

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it ever quits raining and sleeting I will.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Brobee, this is good stuff and I applaud your effort to get riflemen off their bench and into good field positions. Or for that matter - to get them off their computers and simply out with their rifles!

I'll give your course a try. It's very similar to the training I do for myself and others.

Although I shoot year round - in the weeks and months before hunting season I'll put a gong up at 300 yards and every week I'll shoot 50 rounds at it, starting with my match rifle and shifting to my hunting rifles.

I don't put a time limit on that particular part but I'll shoot:

10 rounds prone
10 rounds sitting
10 rounds kneeling
20 rounds standing

After a few weeks of this, I get pretty good, even with standing, at 300 yards. I do shorten the round count when working with a .375 H&H... Go figure...

I also do a lot of much faster paced shooting at 20 - 100 yards.

Looking forward to giving your course a try.

Regards, Guy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,097
Posts18,483,038
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.