Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by GeneB
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
If it was yours you would probably want as many people to know about it as possible now wouldn't you? Some people just live to complain.
...now aren't you complaining about me complaining? I though I was just making a statement, maybe I should have put it a little different.

It's not mine and it's probably not anyone else's here - so was your intent on posting to try and get as many bidders involved as possible, so the price would be as high as possible? Who but the owner & auction house would thank anyone for that? Like I asked, if it was something you were interested in, and bidding on, would you have posted it? Just askin' & just something to think about.

GeneB, the one thing at that sale that most interests me is the 28ga Win. 101. I don't need it as I have other 28s and if it brings more than I'm willing to give then GOOD! I just hope it brings several hundred more and not $10 or $20. I have not handled it but it has some condition issues by the photos. Feel free to post it on any and all shotgun websites, I couldn't care less. It's not like the world is going to stop spinning if I don't get it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As others have said, we understand you thought you were doing a public service by giving the forum a heads up on this firearm. Let me first say thanks but as a Savage collector finding a good deal on collector Savage firearms usually involves watching a lot of auctions on various sites and doing your homework. It certainly is competitive and good deals are hard to come by. I think in hindsight you now can see that posting this rare Savage pistol auction information on the Savage Collectors forum gives many folks who were unaware of this auction a heads up and will make it a lot tougher for those bidding on it to get a good deal. More bidders usually means higher dollars to the seller. If you are the seller, by all means post it here. Your intent was good and welcome to 24HR Campfire. Tom

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TomA
As others have said, we understand you thought you were doing a public service by giving the forum a heads up on this firearm. Let me first say thanks but as a Savage collector finding a good deal on collector Savage firearms usually involves watching a lot of auctions on various sites and doing your homework. It certainly is competitive and good deals are hard to come by. I think in hindsight you now can see that posting this rare Savage pistol auction information on the Savage Collectors forum gives many folks who were unaware of this auction a heads up and will make it a lot tougher for those bidding on it to get a good deal. More bidders usually means higher dollars to the seller. If you are the seller, by all means post it here. Your intent was good and welcome to 24HR Campfire. Tom

Tom, my whole reason for starting this thread was to give " many folks who were unaware of this auction a heads up".
When I see something being sold around here that I'm interested in and that friends are interested in also, I'll tell them about it and not keep it my little secret... I called a friend this morning who also likes 28ga and told him about the 101.
It's just the way that I was raised.

Now I'm done with this thread,

Good day all

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good deals are not really found at auctions. This kind of is why people sell things that way - to get top dollar. Now having said that I'm sure to get hit by a number of guys who will describe different auction experiences. Give the OP a break for crying out loud!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Theres a few guys on here that already own Savage 45 cal pistols!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by S99VG
Good deals are not really found at auctions. This kind of is why people sell things that way - to get top dollar.

Auction last weekend up here I saw a Hi Point JCP 40 sell for $365 plus juice, meanwhile they sell them for $279 new and an Axis go for $450.

Blows my mind.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw a 99C 22-250 go for $2025 on GB about 3-4 days ago. Right bidders I guess. Tom

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Anybody care to speculate on the final selling price.

I'd be tempted to try and buy it, but my wife sadly doesn't share my enthusiasm.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Current bid $8250.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll guess $9250 as winning in house bid. Tom

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't think advertising the auction on this forum did a thing to the price of that pistol.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have since learned that the last 1907 45ACP trials gun sold on RIA for over $40,000. Tom

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My guess is that the gun will not hit its reserve. There is much to learn, know and appreciate about the variations avialable in the 45 calibre Savage pistol.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
40K, that's a whole lot of smackers!

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (219 Wasp, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 16gage, 50 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,831
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.