-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This is pretty obvious, but for those of us who hunt/look around your property/lease/territory at night, the stock lights on the Honda Rancher that I had sucked and that was being generous.
<br>
<br>I'm sure they have kits available, but I had a set of driving lights that I wasn't using that I had bought for a Jeep and didn't install them on it( I didn't measure them, but they are rectangular, maybe 2 1/2 x 5 inches)(Walmarts has a bunch of similar items for $20 to $30), that included wiring and a switch, so I mounted a 2x4 on the front, then mounted the lights onto a piece of all weather plywood and dry wall screwed them into the 2x4 which makes them fairly easily removeable, and the 2x4 got them high enough to clear the bar that is on the front as well. Ran the wire directly to the battery and mounted the switch on the same piece of plywood the lights are mounted on, downside is that if the switch was turned on by accident, it would obviously drain the battery rather rapidly, but the wiring is much simpler that way for a country boy and by mounting it on the light board, it is not in a position where it can be turned on by accident very easily. The alternator could probably handle it, but I usually use just one set of lights, that is, either the driving lights or the normal headlights.
<br>
<br>I can tell you, the difference in illumination is amazing. For a $25 job, it is worth it, if you use your lights very often. My local skunks are in deep do-do.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IFID, I wonder if you could use the 3rd handlebar mounted halogen headlight (essentially the same as a motorcycle headlight) that comes on the Foreman 400. That light makes a huge difference. I wired a cut-out switch on mine that allows me to run my small headlights only to prevent blinding myself if I have stuff on the front rack & really notice a difference with it turned off. With it on, 35 mph driving is no strain at all, lots of illumination. badger

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You probably could, I wasn't aware of it, but knowing Honda it ain't cheap. These are really BRIGHT, more than you need for any reasonable 4 wheeler use, but then they were designed for a truck.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You did wire a fuse into the circuit didn't you?

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No.......it came with one. Hey, I'm a country boy, at least sort of.....I didn't come in on the last turnip truck. But thanks for checking, you never know.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 1,806 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,002
Posts18,520,503
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.