Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can see why you wouldn't want to get into those situations.

it would mean admitting there are limits on who you would support as the Republican candidate.

No, what it means is that a "candidate" who is exposed to have done those things will not win the Repub nomination, so none of us will be faced with those what-ifs ahead of time.

If/when Rubio or Trump or Cruz is proven to have done one of those crimes, he will be thrown under the bus by the Repub process. This is pretty much the exact opposite of the Democrat process, in which illegality and avoidance of prosecution is seen as a politically savvy move.

another I'm not answering the questions answer

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Why is it that "conservatives" are able to find one issue with a candidate they don't like and then conclude that candidate is unsuitable?

Or forgive the fact that Trump was a Democrat until he decided to run for President, but not forgive Rubio's amnesty stand. Not a Rubio fan by a long shot but my eyes are not blindfolded either. miles

you miss the bigger picture

No one is saying Trump is a true conservative. He is just positioning himself as a hard liner on topics that true conservatives wouldn't touch because they are politicians first.

And before someone provides a laundry list of what Cruz been a hard liner on - there is no denying that Trump introduced hard stance policies into the conversation when none of the candidates was going to do it. He forced them to take stands - and in some cases tried to be more Trump than Trump in order to get people to pay attention to them again.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/03/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullshit. I've posted Cruz's "hard line" stances on the issues for four years.

You're just not a conservative. That's okay, but admit it. You'll feel better.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
so that's the tactic today to support Cruz eh

let me make sure I'm clear on this - if you vote for Trump you're not a conservative

is that the stance, or is it nuanced to where if you don't think Cruz didn't take a hard line stance when he began running for president you're not a conservative.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a condensation. There is no other legitimate reason not to support Cruz.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've already said multiple times the two candidates I will vote for are Trump and Cruz

but he's a horseshit politician - he has just worked hard from day one to position himself as the "outsider" who is inside Washington which I personally believe was intentional to be president.

A 1 term senator hasn't had time to establish anything other than a persona

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A 1 term senator hasn't had time to establish anything other than a persona.

And, due to the complicated parliamentary rues in the Senate, if he serves more than half a term he will have been forced into votes that can be used to discredit him in any quest for higher office.

Show me a multi term Senator going directly into the W H since JFK.

Then, go back prior to him.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A 1 term senator hasn't had time to establish anything other than a persona.

And, due to the complicated parliamentary rues in the Senate, if he serves more than half a term he will have been forced into votes that can be used to discredit him in any quest for higher office.

Show me a multi term Senator going directly into the W H since JFK.

Then, go back prior to him.

so he's following the path of Barak Obama.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I absolutey, positively, without even a hint of a doubt will never cast a vote for Rubio,...at all, even.

It's primary season, so now's your chance to influence who the nominee will be. But if you can't get your guy nominated, take one for the team and vote for the nominee, even if it is Rubio. Anything else is a betrayal far greater than anything Rubio has done.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
I absolutey, positively, without even a hint of a doubt will never cast a vote for Rubio,...at all, even.

It's primary season, so now's your chance to influence who the nominee will be. But if you can't get your guy nominated, take one for the team and vote for the nominee, even if it is Rubio. Anything else is a betrayal far greater than anything Rubio has done.

The "team" is Hillary, Sanders, and Rubio.

Only Rubio has the ability to damage the GOP.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
No, the team is those of us that want to keep our guns. Rubio would do less damage to the country than Sanders or Clinton. That's not debatable. Please reconsider your position, even if you don't acknowledge doing so here.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
So you have absolutely ZERO issues or concerns with Trump's past record on everything from anti-2A, to SP healthcare, and everything else, or is he the only one that gets a pass on changing his mind?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bristoe and KWFA coming up with this election cycle's excuses to not vote at all.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
We will all now pause to allow the republicans who have caused this stinkin' pile of chit to have their say.

If you need to go take a leak,....now is the time to do it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
So no vote for Rubio at all, meaning you're ok with the whole SCOTUS issue? got it. Apparently, stupid's bone deep...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
No Hillary vote,...no Sanders vote,...no Rubio vote.

That's correct.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio on Thursday vaulted into second place in a daily tracking poll, but he still trails front-runner Donald Trump by double digits in the New Hampshire primary

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jehovah witness much? I despise queerbio but not even remotely as much as I loathe hilda and bunny. So if its queerbio then so be it, he gets my vote.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Nor anyone else...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Strick9
Jehovah witness much? I despise queerbio but not even remotely as much as I loathe hilda and bunny. So if its queerbio then so be it, he gets my vote.

If nothing else, Obama has proven we can survive a queer POTUS.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,127 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.