Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Failed logic
You only have 2 choices and not voting isn't one of them
You are just letting someone else pick your poison ,but drink you will regardless

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He was for total amnesty? As to the wrong country, let's just agree to disagree. With you 100 % on the nation building-taking their oil deal..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
He was for total amnesty? ......

Yes.

And he tried 2 different times to push it thru. Some of us won't forget or forgive.

Bush Amnesty Plan Raises Immigration Concerns
Published January 08, 2004 FoxNews.com
Facebook21 Twitter0 Email Print

The massive new immigration initiative unveiled by the White House has Democrats and ethnic identity organizations accusing Republicans of election-year pandering, and has the Republican base wondering whether George W. Bush and the Republican Party has sold them out.

The initiative, which draws heavily on legislation already introduced in Congress by three Arizona Republicans, Sen. John McCain and Rep. Jeff Flake and Rep. Jim Kolbe, has two central components. It would provide a mechanism by which some U.S. businesses would be able to import an unlimited number of low-wage foreign workers, and it would allow most of the roughly 10 million illegal aliens already in the United States a means by which they (and their extended families) would be able to remain legally -- and permanently -- in the United States.

Advocates of strong enforcement of U.S. immigration laws charge that the new Bush plan is really a massive new amnesty for illegal aliens, in spite of repeated Bush administration assurances to the contrary. The administration, and the Republican sponsors of the parallel McCain-Kolbe-Flake plan (search) on Capitol Hill, claim that their plans are not really amnesties because they require illegal aliens to pay a small fee and wait a short time before they can receive their legal permanent status.

However, critics argue that any plan that allows, as the new Bush plan does, illegal aliens to remain legally and permanently in the United States without having to return to their home countries and apply to enter the United States legally like everyone else, is, in fact, an amnesty.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/01/08/bush-amnesty-plan-raises-immigration-concerns.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He really was a stupid sob.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2nd go around.

The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 — its full name was Secure Borders, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Reform Act of 2007 (S. 1348) — was a bill discussed in the 110th United States Congress that would have provided legal status and a path to citizenship for the approximately 12 million illegal immigrants residing in the United States.

The bill was a compromise based largely on three previous failed immigration reform bills:

The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act (S. 1033), a bill proposed in May 2005 by Senators Ted Kennedy and John McCain, sometimes referred to as the "McCain-Kennedy or McKennedy Bill."
The Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005 (S. 1438), a bill proposed in July 2005 by Senators John Cornyn and Jon Kyl, sometimes referred to as the "Cornyn-Kyl Bill."
The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (S. 2611), sponsored by Senator Arlen Specter, which was passed in the Senate in May 2006 but never passed in the House.

The bill's sole sponsor in the Senate was Majority Leader Harry Reid,
though it was crafted in large part as a result of efforts by Senators Kennedy, McCain and Kyl, along with Senator Lindsey Graham, and input from President George W. Bush, who strongly supported the bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Immigration_Reform_Act_of_2007

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was totally against that plan. Thankfully, it died on the vine. That said, I'm still waiting for a workable resolution to the issue, but to your original hypothesis, one really can't prove a negative and what I portend remains factual

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rubio's not my guy, but there's no way Trump can beat him. Immigration is just not that important to most people. I realize it's very important to some, but not most. That's a fact that can't be ignored.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We sees things differently.

Doesn't make me like you any more or less because we don't agree on politics. In fact if we ever got together I'm quite certain the last thing we'd ever talk about would be politics.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's ok, but my position on the no vote is not an opinion but a factual statement.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Immigration is just not that important to most people.

Maybe where you live, Lt. Not in my hood. It's P1 for a lot of these Spaneesh here. Many of them couldn't care less about the big picture. Hell, they don't even want to know what the big picture is.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Immigration is just not that important to most people.

Maybe where you live, Lt. Not in my hood. It's P1 for a lot of these Spaneesh here. Many of them couldn't care less about the big picture. Hell, they don't even want to know what the big picture is.

I'm sure the importance of the immigration issue varies from area to area. It's important to me because I believe that unrestricted immigration will drive a lot of other negative changes to our country. But most recent polls show it near the bottom of the list with Republican primary voters.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.