Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Trump has Carters "endorsement". Cruz has Ringmans.

Both damaging.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Shag
Last thing "this"country needs is another politician running it.

True, but they're the only ones stupid enough to want the job.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Net impact of the debate:

- Trump under performs his double digit lead
- Steam taken away from Rubio's Iowa bounce
- Cruz minimizes impact of Carson fiasco
- Everyone else over performs polls

Unfortunately, I think the weak links are going to do better and stick around longer.

Gilmore, the dark horse, comes out unscathed.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 02/06/16.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ctsmith
We give the average voter way too much credit. No one who posts in political threads at the Campfire is even close to "average". The average voter is lost after the first sentence. Trump has that figured out. What we think is shallow, is, and by design.

Tag

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Cruz did better for me tonight.
He had a great story about his sister and his answers were much more presidential.

I think that he took responsibility for his campaign manager who is a bit of a floorflusher.

He did better than any debate thus far.

However, I feel that Trump did something that was damaging to Cruz and Rubio. He lays out the dialogue of what is going on the debates. Trump basically controls the tempo. He has done this a couple of times stealing the narrative from the other candidates and the moderators. These moderators were really underpowered. Mary Hamm is great but she didn't come out that strong.

Cruz or Trump or Rubio needs to build upon the importance of the next POTUS selecting two or three SCOTUS judges. Nobody has said this but it is Trump's Achilles Heel.

Rubio and Jeb both look ill prepared to be chief executive.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Last edited by kaboku68; 02/06/16.
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

Trump Triumphant

A strong night for the governors, but a good night for the frontrunner.

"The Weekly Standard"
Feb 06, 2016 By Jonathan V. Last

The big media story from the debate will be Marco Rubio’s confrontation with Chris Christie. But the larger picture might be about how well Donald Trump did.

Trump was relatively reserved. He wasn't bombastic. Or erratic. He was—by Trumpian standards—presidential? Okay, let's not get crazy. Trump wasn't able to stay in check for the full three hours—he couldn't help himself from lashing out at Cruz in his closing statement. And where candidates often lash out at the media when they get in trouble in a debate, Trump attacked the audience. The move was classic pro-wrestling—like Vince McMahon baiting the crowd. And it was so crazy that it kind of worked.

But here's the thing: Trump had, easily, his worst moment in any of the debates so far. Jeb Bush gutted him on eminent domain. Trump has never lost an exchange so decisively. Yet Trump wound up skating past that defeat.

Partly it was the dynamics of the debate that favored Trump. Aside from eminent domain, Bush focused on Rubio and Christie looked like he was on a kamikaze mission to destroy the Florida senator. Nobody else even glanced Trump's way.

And in spots, Trump was pretty good. His full-throated law-and-order defense of the police is likely to play well with Republican voters. When he talked about James Foley he—again, by Trumpian standards—was somber and serious.

Yet what really made Trump the winner is this: He entered the debate with a commanding lead in the New Hampshire polls and his only worry was a surging Rubio. Rubio got stopped cold—but by a guy who's polling at 5 percent here. The second-place slot got more muddled by the debate, not less. And that's good news for the front-runner.

The net effect of tonight's debate will probably be to preserve—or even extend—Trump's position on Tuesday night.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't watch it, but from what was said on the 'net, Rubio was pretty much the loser and Cruz was thought to have not done well. Trump seemed to have done slightly well with Jeb! surprisingly doing better than he has before and most thinking Krispy made points off of Rubio.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
And it comes from The Weekly Standard, a up until now, anti-Trump GOPe NRO ugly, red headed stepdaughter.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
And it comes from The Weekly Standard, a up until now, anti-Trump GOPe NRO ugly, red headed stepdaughter.
Most are going to pick their own guy. The point here is that Trump at least stayed steady whereas his two chief competitors seemed to have faltered.

Trump is a gambler and he gambled big that staying out of the last debate was the thing to do. He seems to have come up bupkus on that one, but I doubt he lost any sleep over it. Trump is so effing rich that he pays guys to lose sleep for him.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I think all these guys would do better than what we have had the last 7 years. I think Hildabeast would of been a better president than Obummer too. But you stick these guys on the stage together and Trump looks like the only one that can get the job done.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
I think all these guys would do better than what we have had the last 7 years. I think Hildabeast would of been a better president than Obummer too. But you stick these guys on the stage together and Trump looks like the only one that can get the job done.

That became pretty clear last night with Trumps YUGE overall win.
Fatazz took down rubio and showed him to be raghead like in inexperience.rubio needs to go be a governor somewhere for 12 years.Might be ready for the bigshow after that, but I dought it..
Cruz.
As hard as Trump is to listen to sometimes.
The cuban for me, is always much worse.
The high handed doogooder/evangelical/preaching delivery,in a almost raghead like style, is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard...
The rest of the crowd are toast and dont matter.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The less conservative a candidate is, the less likely they are to win the general election and worse they will be for the country. Period.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The less conservative a candidate is, the less likely they are to win the general election and worse they will be for the country. Period.

I cant tell if thats from the secesh playbook of epic fail.
Or you have listened to MSLSD and jimmy carter so much they have programmed you to want kun-ton or the commie to win.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dave7mm

Or you have listened to MSLSD and jimmy carter so much they have programmed you to want kun-ton or the commie to win.

dave

No it's the results of the last two elections...unlike RINO's and Dems. conservatives don't tend to unite behind mealy mouthed candidates...McCain & Romneys penchant for giving reach arounds didn't inspire much confidence that they were that much different than the clown that now resides at 1600...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dave7mm

dave

Dood...you were Romney's biggest cheerleader. How did that work out? For that matter, when did running a kinda-liberal against a liberal EVER work out for republicans? People like you were the inspiration for that Charlie Brown football thingee.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
ltppowell

This shouldn't be profound, but it is. How do the Republicans miss it?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Jeb Bush gutted him on eminent domain...

Jeb couldn't gut a sunfish.

Regarding Trump missing 1 debate, he won by avoiding a stacked deck that might have hurt him much worse than simply not attending.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Not my quote, for the record.

Trump was exactly right on Eminent Domain and he never took a house from an old lady,not that those prone to silly gossip won't buy into it, hook, line and sinker, anyways.

If not in the top 3-4,I'll be shocked if Jeb's supporters keep funding him through SC.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If not in the top 3-4,I'll be shocked if Jeb's supporters keep funding him through SC.

They're already cutting their losses and moving to Rubio.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
After last night, they might think twice.

William Arthur Ward

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 1234, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,803
Posts18,477,480
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.