-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to hear you're mending and will back to normal before long. Grace and peace to you and yours.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Glad to hear you're OK, thanks for the update.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
So many rifle rounds are fired uneventfully that safety is often taken for granted. Glad to read that that's 'all' that happened to you. It can always be worse. Good luck with recovery.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good read. Glad you did have the bag and safety glasses, should be a reminder to ALL of us to alwyas use everything you can...

Was simply curious as to circumstances and that answered that.

I often wonder how many high pressure rounds a gun can take, before the straw breaks... you know it simply isn't typically going to happen on the first round and it certainly isn't going to generally show any visible sign the last round before they go boom.

Glad you are on the mend and seemingly doing well.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Tha ks for the kind words fellows. I figure that with all the thousands upon thousands of centerfire rifle rounds I have shot over the years that something is bound to happen sooner or later. Just be sure and remember your shooting glasses since you only get one spare eye.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TheKid sounds aok to me, hope the healing is as close to 100% as humanly possible.

sorry for your troubles, but I can like a guy with a good attitude.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Heal fast Kid,, I've learned to use shooting glasses while testing, fireforming, and experimenting!! Thanks for the heads up!
Jim

I tend to use more than enough gun
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TheKid
Tha ks for the kind words fellows. I figure that with all the thousands upon thousands of centerfire rifle rounds I have shot over the years that something is bound to happen sooner or later. Just be sure and remember your shooting glasses since you only get one spare eye.

We used to shoot 20K a year or more in highpower rifle... I"ve never seen a gun related injury in years of shooting, but its bound to happen sooner or later. And I'm usually packing murphy around most of my life....I saw one AR blow a mag out, but that was about all that happened...

I wore knoblochs and was always worried about the lack of protection, but they were the only ones that fit right...

Now I wear standard glasses daily, but they are the proofed lenses just don't have the side pieces like true glasses... sure hope that if the day ever gets here its enough... should really do better though too... on my end.

Glad its moving forward for you.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Does anybody know James Updegraf?
He is retired Air Force and attended Gunsmithing
School in Denver in 1978. He told me he would retire in Alaska and planned on gunsmithing.
I don't know where he ended up?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was competing in a Garand only match and saw white smoke out of the corner of my eye during prone rapid fire. The guy was doing a backwards low crawl to get away from his own rifle.
He had accidentally loaded some pistol powder in his 30-06.
It destroyed the stock but he was fine.
He wanted to finish the match using his ammo in his brothers Garand. We vetoed that idea!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by whelennut
Does anybody know James Updegraf?
He is retired Air Force and attended Gunsmithing
School in Denver in 1978. He told me he would retire in Alaska and planned on gunsmithing.
I don't know where he ended up?

Last name sure sounds familiar for some reason. Maybe spelled just a tiny bit differently but I can't place it for some reason.

But now that we say that, Eric comes to mind... maybe thats who I'm thinking of....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,187
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.