Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
... I actually feel sorry for anyone without an imagination. Ruts are boring.

Not according to buck deer.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB4

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
BOWSINGER,

Imaginations are critical for seekers of Truth.

Or it could be the result of some one actually doing scientific research and investigation.

Since you are such a great scientific researcher, what are the fist and second derivatives of the equation of a line?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Sauer200,

So are fairy tales about a magician in the sky.

There are only two ways to look at how the universe came to be. It came to be by the Power of and Omnipotent or it didn't. If it didn't, how did it come to be?

Maybe we're the science experiment of some advanced alien civilization. Maybe God is an alien, with super cool technology beyond our understanding but not omnipotent. I don't think thats the case, but its possible. Possibilities are not limited to what one person can understand,imagine or believe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Since you are such a great scientific researcher, what are the fist and second derivatives of the equation of a line?

My old pappy used to always say "one should never bother to discuss linear equations when a circular argument will suffice".

grin

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
xxclaro,

Maybe we're the science experiment of some advanced alien civilization. Maybe God is an alien, with super cool technology beyond our understanding but not omnipotent. I don't think thats the case, but its possible. Possibilities are not limited to what one person can understand,imagine or believe.

So then you agree with me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xxclaro

laugh
I joked about that first year college.

"We're probably in a college lab class test tube or on a microscope slide and will be swept into the trash by mid afternoon."

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by xxclaro

laugh
I joked about that first year college.

"We're probably in a college lab class test tube or on a microscope slide and will be swept into the trash by mid afternoon."

Or some Grad student playing with a particle accelerator creating pocket universes inside mini-blackholes.

What happens when he turns it off?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Or some Grad student playing with a particle accelerator creating pocket universes inside mini-blackholes. What happens when he turns it off?

It crosses the wheeler boundary and goes subatomic.

Then it's somebody else's problem.
smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Or some Grad student playing with a particle accelerator creating pocket universes inside mini-blackholes. What happens when he turns it off?

It crosses the wheeler boundary and goes subatomic.

Then it's somebody else's problem.
smile

Yea, but my wife doesn't like it when I pass the Wheeler boundary. She prefers a delayed absorption of the emission waves.

grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
OK, I was just going on the graphics on the video attached to the story. Out of curiosity, if they aren't waves as we know of them, what form do they take? Ed
Waves only appear 2 dimensional when on paper or on screen. Actual broadcast, if you could see it, looks like a coil spring... from our perspective. Back off a ways and watch and it probably looks expanding helical. Then you have to take in the 4th dimension.... and entropy. Here's the weird part. Matter can and does travel faster than (our perceived) speed of light.Imagine explosions so large that black holes are turned inside out blasting light, matter and energy half way across the known universe in a matter of split seconds. 186,282 miles per second...
pfft. That's a snails pace.
Thank you, sir!

I teach basic RF as part of my job.
From a monopole antenna, it takes the shape of a Horn Torus. There are some pretty detailed .gif images of the various forms RF takes.
I find this stuff fascinating and love to learn.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Gravitational waves are everywhere, just as electromagnetic waves are. Any mass, no how small, creates the waves when in motion.

And Einstein's theory of General Relativity has been experimentally confirmed so many times that these waves were a given.

What's new and important here is that we have built a device able to detect them. As soon as they stepped up the power of the device x 4, the waves were detected almost immediately.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ringman,

-Was Jeebus a believer in then 10 string, 11 string or the 26 string version of String Theory?

-What did his pet velociraptor think about singularities?

-Where is heaven located and how long will it take to get there at the speed of light, on a T-Rex equipped with a scramjet engine that runs on blind faith, while preaching the good word?

-How many solar masses is the equivalent of the holy ghost's mass?

-How did humans survive the K–Pg extinction event that killed the dinosaurs?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

-How the fugg did Matthew Mcconaughey's character survive passing the event horizon of the black hole in "Interstellar" without being spaghettified? ...And you can't tell me it is just Hollywood!

Last edited by bigfish9684; 02/12/16.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sorry Ben, another 'fire train wreck. More and more the norm it seems.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Sorry Ben, another 'fire train wreck. More and more the norm it seems.

Well, they never disappoint me. smile

I still think that it's a way cool accomplishment and look forward to more exciting discoveries.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Science damnit!

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes, very cool and a huge breakthrough. We know so little and have so much to learn...

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
BOWSINGER,

Or it could be the result of some one actually doing scientific research and investigation.

d/dx y=mx+b
y=m

d/dx y=m
y=0

The slope, then 0, correct?

Last edited by Peator; 02/13/16.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
bigfish9684,

The only question that seemed even remotely serious is your fifth one.

-How did humans survive the K–Pg extinction event that killed the dinosaurs?

The great dinosaur extinction was not total. There were pairs of each kind which survived. Of course the vast majority of all animals died as well as the vast majority of people. They died during the world wide flood of Noah's day. Even biologists discovered there was a major bottleneck in present animals. They reject the obvious, but do accept it happened.

Apparently the change in climate was too severe for most of the animals to survive. I read recently that 90% of all known species are not extinct.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yea, but my wife doesn't like it when I pass the Wheeler boundary. She prefers a delayed absorption of the emission waves.
grin

Yep.
My wife is like that, too.
Prefers the gentle lapping waves against the beach front...

...until it's time for the pounding thrusts just before the incoming tide.

See.
It's all relative.
Theoretically speaking.
grin

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Peator
BOWSINGER,

d/dx y=mx+b
y=m

d/dx y=m
y=0

The slope, then 0, correct?

Your are correct.

You are also not Ringman, as evidenced by your ability to work this math equation.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (12344mag, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 71 invisible), 2,779 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,979
Posts18,480,890
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.