Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

As I stated many times if Trump does what he says he'd be a dream candidate

BUT....I ain't buying what he's selling

Trump's self-assessment that he's "capable of changing to anything I want to change to" also applies to his political "principles." This is a man who's reportedly switched party affiliations five times since the late 1980's. Who's donated to Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. Who was pro-choice, was anti-gun, and was (is?) pro-Socialized healthcare. Who identified as a Democrat in the mid-2000's. Who praised Barack Obama and supported his "stimulus" boondoggle. And who criticized Mitt Romney for being too harsh on the issue of immigration in 2012, right around the time that he became a DREAM Act supporter. Now he's ostensibly all about big walls and mass deportations. This bogus transformation is painfully obvious. As I've written before, Trump will be "a conservative" for precisely as long as he perceives that label to be beneficial to Trump, after which he'll morph into The Donald 6.0, or whatever self-serving upgrade we're up to. Even on the central issues that have vaulted him to the top of the GOP polls, he's quite "capable of changing to anything" he wants to change to. He says so himself. His hardcore sycophants will blindly and brutishly go along with literally anything he does -- including murder, he's joked, mocking his own people. But how might the many pro-Trump voters who are more reluctantly in his corner because "at least he'll do X" react if X suddenly changes to Y, at the drop of a hat? Or is thoughtlessly discarded altogether? That's how he operates.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Those of us who are not enamored with Mr.Trump have been trying to understand why his fans are, for months. We have been confounded by the fact that his past is of no consequence and that his refusal to commit to any agenda other than "Make America Great Again" is enough for so many to carry his torch. It has been said by many that the reason they like him is that he is too wealthy to be corrupted, but that just didn't make much sense. Corrupted from what? Being a democrat? A rival campaign blamed it on "celebrity", and I bought into that for a while, but who watched his game show? If they did, who liked his character?

I've figured it out. The reason a Trump fan can't be convinced that he is a bad man is because they know he is a bad man. That's what they like about him. He is condescending, rude, and mean and they are hoping to project their own anger through him.

Everything else be damned.
He's popular with the base because he represents a non-establishment voice that has enough personal wealth to overcome the control of the establishment over who can and cannot run for president. The chance for politics to be about who's conservative and who's not has past, at least for the present. We've been asking for conservatives to vote for, and been having the neocon vs liberal choice forced on on for decades. The damage caused by this arrangement has finally become nearly terminal for the nation, so now it's about establishment/internationalism vs non-establishment Americanism. Not enough people are able to be suckered into another phony conservative like Cruz to get one such as him nominated anymore.

That's a pretty good evaluation. Except I am not convinced that Cruz is a phony when it comes to matters of the Constitution.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What you folks aren't getting is that we are not going to ever get anything like conservative government till the unified establishment is dethroned. Till then, phony conservatism will be held out in front of us like a carrot on a string to trick us into more of the same. The "conservatism" the establishment uses as the carrot is always a mirage. That cycle needs breaking, and that's what Trump support is about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Wasn't it Tennessee that gave us Al Gore and Global warming? grin

Hey wait a minute...Bill and Hillary were politically "hatched",and developed their corrupt and nefarious political ways....in Arkansas.

Isn't that the "conservative" south? LMAO.

Regardless where they came from, Hillary is utterly incompetent to be president by any objective standard,even though Obama has set the bar so low,almost anyone would be an improvement.

Lyndon B. Johnson gave us the "Great Society" and didn't he wear cowboy boots, too? smile

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In a comprehensive poll released yesterday, they polled registered republicans to vote as though Trump was out of the race.

Rubio won by a significant margin.

So,take your pick, Rubio or Trump.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Those of us who are not enamored with Mr.Trump have been trying to understand why his fans are, for months. We have been confounded by the fact that his past is of no consequence and that his refusal to commit to any agenda other than "Make America Great Again" is enough for so many to carry his torch. It has been said by many that the reason they like him is that he is too wealthy to be corrupted, but that just didn't make much sense. Corrupted from what? Being a democrat? A rival campaign blamed it on "celebrity", and I bought into that for a while, but who watched his game show? If they did, who liked his character?

I've figured it out. The reason a Trump fan can't be convinced that he is a bad man is because they know he is a bad man. That's what they like about him. He is condescending, rude, and mean and they are hoping to project their own anger through him.

Everything else be damned.
He's popular with the base because he represents a non-establishment voice that has enough personal wealth to overcome the control of the establishment over who can and cannot run for president. The chance for politics to be about who's conservative and who's not has past, at least for the present. We've been asking for conservatives to vote for, and been having the neocon vs liberal choice forced on on for decades.

Let me clear something up for you...just because Trump has never held elected office does not make him a non establishment candidate...has he or has he not donated money for political causes??? Hell, he gave $50K to Emanuel for a frikkin Mayoral race!!! Has he or has he not been on numerous television talk shows talking about divisive issues like partial birth abortions, TPP, NAFTA & the assault weapons ban???

This was well before his running for office...

He may not be an establishment candidate in the conventional sense, but his record indicates he is very much part of the "establishment"...for which party, is open to speculation...

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 02/12/16.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Liberals are born everywhere, it's a defect, but there are also places that think they're normal and places that
Know they aren't.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by isaac
In a comprehensive poll released yesterday, they polled registered republicans to vote as though Trump was out of the race.

That's easy Rubio

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The "conservatism" the establishment uses as the carrot is always a mirage. That cycle needs breaking, and that's what Trump support is about.

That's what he wants you to think...his actions of the past (his record) indicates otherwise...In fact, he's said numerous times that he'd be able to "make deals" on both sides of the aisle...don't you LISTEN to what he SAYS???

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

That's easy Rubio

+1

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Perhaps you don't understand the necessity of being able to negotiate with the other side of the aisle.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Perhaps you don't understand the necessity of being able to negotiate with the other side of the aisle.

Negotiation is compromise, and compromise is betrayal. Damn, Bob, will you never learn?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Oh, I understand...I'm just concerned about content...

His past record doesn't inspire trust...ymmv

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Negotiation is compromise, and compromise is betrayal. Damn, Bob, will you never learn?

--------

I know. The mindset of a few here is simply amazing.

William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Based on this one unidentified poll the choice is an easy one. CRUZ

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Way to go NEW YORK!!!!!

Damned Northeast LIberals.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The doogooder secesh photo album.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Ann Coulter sums it up quite succinctly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The doogooder secesh photo album...

dave

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Southern democrats have largely gone away, whilst Yankee democrats are breeding like rabbits.

New York gave Hillary her start into politics, and they'll just as likely give her their delegates.

I'll bet you she don't carry AR, TN, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC etc in November.

I'll bet you she DOES carry NY, NJ, CT, MA, RI, MI, IL etc in November

Last edited by Steelhead; 02/12/16.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And its all down hill from there.
[Linked Image]

dave

[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 31 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,873
Posts18,478,779
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.