Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When it's more profitable for a company to move to Mexico and ship it's wares back we have a problem.

I wonder if Carrier will reduce it's prices on air conditioners?

Link To Story.

Last edited by 12344mag; 02/13/16.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh damn , I was hoping this was gonna be about a US aircraft carrier getting ready to launch air strikes....

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Who could blame them?

Industry has a hostile environment here.

The POS, EPA, IRS and various other alphabet agencies have seen to it.

Too bad liberalism needs capitalism to survive.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
"The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent (consisting of the 35% federal rate and a combined state rate), exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates".

And we wonder why companies are leaving the US . . .

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Obongo economy marches on and claims another victim!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The Obongo economy marches on and claims another victim!

Did you see Kevin go by?

[Linked Image]

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yet the executive staff elects to continue to live here instead of enjoying the paradise living environment and security of Mexico.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
are we winning yet??

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byc
are we winning yet??

Like Charlie Sheen.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Nothing more than what has been going on since the start of big business... "Restructuring"!

And helped along by "Free Trade" regulations, and more to the lax financial and corporate laws in this country.

Its a large corporation and 1,400 jobs mean little as with any of these large corporations, its about more and more profits for share holders and the unreal salaries and bonuses of those in the upper echelon.

Link

Phil

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

The bigger question is will you continue to buy their products if they raise the price in order to afford the costs of union labor...corporate taxes....and ever increasing government regulations....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've heard that speech before.... Especially that famous "it was a business decision" line. I'm surprised he didn't explain how we now live in a global economy and have to adapt to it. That's another one of their favorites. Another one is that the board of directors HAD to vote for it because they HAVE TO do what's best for the stockholders and the company's bottom line. It's also one of the main reasons I've been driving Toyota Tacomas since 1996; it's because no jap ever sent MY job to another country; and Tacomas are put together in California. So my Toyota purchase was a "business decision" based on my bottom line and getting the most "bang for the buck" which necessitated me "outsourcing" my transportation needs. At least it was assembled in the USA; unlike my wife's 2012 Dodge Journey which was assembled in Mexico.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The greenie liberals and their radical EPA are happy that another "dirty" manufacturing business is leaving. Wall St. who finances Hillary is happy to see another business chasing higher profits, even though fewer Americans will be able to buy the products.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What speech? I simply asked if you were willing to pay more for products produced here.....which clearly you are based on your choice of a vehicle that costs considerably more than similar vehicles.....problem is....99% of people aren't.....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

The bigger question is will you continue to buy their products if they raise the price in order to afford the costs of union labor...corporate taxes....and ever increasing government regulations....

You just hit on the three major problems, Question should be "when are we going to fix this problem?"

An FYI, I always buy "Made In USA" when given the choice even if the cost is higher. I believe in this country and it's people and choose to support it and them. I own no foreign guns, I buy American branded cars, ect, ect.

Since United Technologies has chosen to abandon this country except for it's profits the answer is NO, I will no longer buy United Technologies made products.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, companies that move off-shore are just living in a "self-fulfilling prophecy" world. Unemployed US workers can not buy their products regardless of how less expensive (actually, the companies want to reduce their costs, not their price!).

But then, this is yet another of capitalism. Resources are applied in the most advantageous direction. Washington State gave Boeing a ton of money (tax breaks and infrastructure) to keep production in the state. But, they've shifted jobs to lower production areas (e.g., South Carolina and overseas) anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 22250rem
I've heard that speech before.... Especially that famous "it was a business decision" line. I'm surprised he didn't explain how we now live in a global economy and have to adapt to it. That's another one of their favorites. Another one is that the board of directors HAD to vote for it because they HAVE TO do what's best for the stockholders and the company's bottom line. It's also one of the main reasons I've been driving Toyota Tacomas since 1996; it's because no jap ever sent MY job to another country; and Tacomas are put together in California. So my Toyota purchase was a "business decision" based on my bottom line and getting the most "bang for the buck" which necessitated me "outsourcing" my transportation needs. At least it was assembled in the USA; unlike my wife's 2012 Dodge Journey which was assembled in Mexico.

Tacomas (current and going back a few years) are either made in at the TMMTX facility (San Antonio, TX) or TMMBC (Baja California, Mexico). They moved production from the NUMMI facility (California) a few years ago. So if a recent Tacoma VIN starts with a 3, then it was manufactured in Mexico.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
screw carrier

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Former Twins star Kent Hrbek does all the Carrier commercials up in these parts...I wonder if they'll get Fernando Valenzuela to do them now?

Harharharhar! grin

What to do...tariff the schit out of stuff? I dunno.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

You just hit on the three major problems, Question should be "when are we going to fix this problem?"

An FYI, I always buy "Made In USA" when given the choice even if the cost is higher. I believe in this country and it's people and choose to support it and them. I own no foreign guns, I buy American branded cars, ect, ect.

Since United Technologies has chosen to abandon this country except for it's profits the answer is NO, I will no longer buy United Technologies made products.

"Since United Technologies has chosen to abandon this country except for it's profits the answer is NO, I will no longer buy United Technologies made products."

United Technologies is principally an industrial goods producer, not a consumer goods producer. Carrier manufactures one of the few products that UT makes that is sold to consumers and, even the consumer market is a small part of their business (commercial refrigeration is the main portion).

Few consumers buy Otis elevators and escalators, Pratt and Whitney jet engines and turbines, or UTC aerospace systems, so the prospect of a consumer boycott is pretty hollow. Of course, one can get on an elevator, see that it was made by Otis, get off and, walk up 22 floors; but I don't think that will happen; same for airplane engines made by P&W.

I too look for the "Made in USA" label, but am finding it more difficult to find such goods, especially in major chain stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Macy's, Best Buy, etc.). Sad, but true. The American consumer wants less expensive goods. A lower wage sounds good to many consumers until their worker counterpart is told that the company is cutting wages!

Such are the effects of capitalism.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 13,607 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,122
Posts18,542,242
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.