Print Thread
Hop To
R
reelman Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Did anyone else see that Roger Rule was on the Outdoor Channels The GunFather tonight?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Missed it, but missing that bald headed egomaniac, Louie, isn't hard to do. Roger Rule may have been worth a look though ...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn, that would have been cool to watch..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder if there's a link to it somewhere. What did he have to say? Would have been cool to see.

Eric

R
reelman Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Really didn't say much. Obviously a "made for TV" event buy he came into the shop, saw their reproduction M70 stocks and ordered a SG in high grade walnut. Then it showed (could have been much more detailed IMO) how the stock was carved, finished and checkered. They then mated it to Rule's '49 M70. I will say that they do make a very good looking reproduction M70 stock in both standard and SG, not cheap but are any custom stocks that are checkered? Tempted to order on and make a SG 35 Whelen.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Reelman: I have personal knowledge of some of the "T.V. Star" Gunfather's past shenanigans and I take EVERYTHING on that show with LESS THAN a grain of salt!
Having said that, I do watch the show from time to time for grins and I did catch this latest episode - ignoring the smaller than usual batch of shenanigans that this show usually has, this "Roger Rule" episode was rather interesting and entertaining.
The firearm he took possession of and the work the Gunfather crew did on it was well worth the time spent watching.
In fact I am going to tape it today for a gun trading friend of mine who missed it on Monday and is not able to watch it tonight either.
That customized Model 70 Super-Grade look-a-like sure looked GREAT to me!
No mention of the price for it that I caught, though.
It was great to see Mr. Rule he sure looked to be in good health and quite active.
Good for him.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lou was clearly in awe of Mr Rule and I was glad to see that. I've watched the show from time to time and it is entertaining but I doubt you find many good deals in that shop. I was kind of surprised that he had a paperback copy of the book for Mr. Rule to sign.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Louie the Lip.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shot Sporting clay's for many year's with Joe (Granpa)as he's a member of my club.Never met Lou.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

IC B3

R
reelman Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Varmintguy, I understand that most of these TV shows are set up and most of them are almost all BS. On one of his shows he goes to the Tulsa show and picks up 4 NIB Pythons and then goes and shoots them???

Of great interest to me though was the show where he was at the Tulsa show and needed another dealer to verify a date of manufacture on a P64 M70 and the dealer pulled out a yellow piece of paper to check the M70 date of manufacture. The interesting thing was that sheet of paper was my fathers! About 20 years ago my father would go to the shows with his M70 display and hand out printed yellow 8.5x11 sheets of paper with M70 dates of manufacture and his contact information to try to get people to contact him about selling their M70s (this was before internet). My father has been dead for over 5 years so it was a great joy for me to see someone still using the sheets.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Was it the episode where Louie The Lip rode his wife hard about her lawn mowing skills?

If I had tried that with my sweet wife......she would have thrown the keys at me and headed out to shop. Or worse...

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Don't know anything about said T&V show. Never heard of it and likely will never see it.

However, I do know Roger has 2 model 70's left, I don't know what they are.
He is interested in Bespoke scatterguns now-a-days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cisco1

Don't know anything about said T&V show. Never heard of it and likely will never see it.

However, I do know Roger has 2 model 70's left, I don't know what they are.
He is interested in Bespoke scatterguns now-a-days.

I think he's down to one. I bought Roger's '47 .270 WCF transition, which he had kept for over 30 years. Based on my conversations with him I believe his last model 70 is a pre-64 custom .338 Win Mag that he had built by the Winchester Custom Shop while he was writing his book The Rifleman's Rifle. The stock design was fashioned after Serial Number 500,000 featured on the cover of the 1961 Winchester catalog. This last rifle has really nicely figured wood.

Eric

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I am new to this site & just wanted to weigh in on this conversation. I am a big M-70 fan & own one of Roger's guns. A Pre war .375 SG with the heavy (straight taper) barrel It is pictured on page 78 of Rule book, top rifle. Rick

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Welcome to the forum Rick.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by prewar375
I am new to this site & just wanted to weigh in on this conversation. I am a big M-70 fan & own one of Roger's guns. A Pre war .375 SG with the heavy (straight taper) barrel It is pictured on page 78 of Rule book, top rifle. Rick

Welcome, Rick. You should share some pics of that rifle with us. I'd love to see it!

Cheers,
Eric

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I tried but it says the pics are to big. Not sure how to resize either. Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.