Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
[quote=Hombre][quote=dawggone][quote=Hombre]Haven't you Dudes ever been thru rural Nevada? Ewwwww... sick

Been through southern Nevada , southern California and through Utah. Very desolate.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
USA - Detroit (every American should tour it for an education in reality)

World - Alborz Mountains, Afghanistan (It is about far away from civilization that you can get. If it wasnt for an occasional motorcycle, you would think you were back a 1000 years)

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How about Teec Nos Pos, Arizona?

Overseas......the entire country of Oman.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Hombre
Haven't you Dudes ever been thru rural Nevada? Ewwwww... sick

Try Montello, Denio, Tuscarora, Midas, Owyhee and Carvers. A little bigger, but also Hawthorne, McGill, Austin, Pioche, and Beatty.

There ain't a late season buck tag in Nevada worth any of this.

Tuscarora's got some interesting characters for sure. But I'd pack a pistol in every pocket if needed if you gave me a late season tag for that area.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by Valsdad
How could I forget the booming hotspots of

Hyampon and Hayfork CA

Mora, NM

Pittsburg....................TX

Rosa's tienda at Km 39 in Baja south of Tijuana (back in the 70's not sure it still exists)

Lovely places, all, but not for the folks who are

"Fools for the City"

Geno

Hyampom and Hayfork are both booming metropolises compared to Ruth Ca or Zenia Ca. Heck Hayfork High School was at least 3 times the size of Southern Trinity.

Forgot about Zinia and Ruth, but just to let all those folks out there know that Cali isn't all L.A., San Fran, and San Diego we could add to the list all along the NW coast of the state.

Orick, (with more than a handful of teeth you might be the handsomest man in town!)
Gasquet, Salyer, Hoopa, Forks of the Salmon, Maple Creek, Kneeland, etc.

And for those really interested, I think I heard the other day that the town of Bridgeville is for sale.............. again. Yes folks the whole town.

Geno

PS, I don't know how I could have forgotten Orick, what a reputation that place had when I lived near there in the 90's.

now you are getting close to home, my grandparents lived in Hyampom, spent pretty much every summer there. Lived in Bridgeville, and spent a lot of time in Ruth and Gasquet!

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Biak

I also lived in Many Farms, AZ

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Question: what's the definition of backwater?

Long ways from civilization?

Backwards people?

Dirty, disgusting?

Something else?

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd say the most backwater place I've been (given that where I spent most of my pre-Army days are on the list already!) I'd say the Farah Province, Afghanistan takes the cake. Several villages there are about equal for desolation.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Now you fellows have me remembering being on the interstate between Fort Worth, and Dallas.
Many lanes wide and me getting run off the far right lane doing 80 MPH.
The first exit I came to I pulled off to settle my nerves a bit.
The first street sign I saw read, "Congo Street".
If it would have after dark, white eyeballs would have been all I could see.
As you may well imagine, I made a rather brisk tour, then got back on the highway as fast as my 14 inch radial tire would allow.

I looked the street up on Google maps a few years ago.
One block long, and I found it!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Fordyce, Arkansas!

My Dad told me once that if Hitler was captured the USA should send him to Fordyce and not give him any snuff!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by dawggone
Pine Ridge, or Red Shirt SD

Don't forget Norris SD, over on the Pine Ridge/Rosebud line.

Good PD shooting, and nothing else. Come to think of it, ANY rez in SD would qualify as backwater.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Rattan, Oklahoma.

He went over yonder way
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by Hombre
Haven't you Dudes ever been thru rural Nevada? Ewwwww... sick

Try Montello, Denio, Tuscarora, Midas, Owyhee and Carvers. A little bigger, but also Hawthorne, McGill, Austin, Pioche, and Beatty.

There ain't a late season buck tag in Nevada worth any of this.

Tuscarora's got some interesting characters for sure. But I'd pack a pistol in every pocket if needed if you gave me a late season tag for that area.

We have some places kinda like that. Cocke co. And the beech creek area can be pretty rough Del Rio is backwards also.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On a class trip in the 70's ...they took us on the big charter bus ...right down the center/main drag in south central "Chit cargo"...omg ! A zombie fest ! Nobody doing a thing ..everyone hanging out in little groups ...we were told to just look no making faces / waving etc...to just look ...😱😱😱 Wow !!! A real Eye-opener for a bunch of farming folks!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atvalaska
On a class trip in the 70's ...they took us on the big charter bus ...right down the center/main drag in south central "Chit cargo"...omg ! A zombie fest ! Nobody doing a thing ..everyone hanging out in little groups ...we were told to just look no making faces / waving etc...to just look ...😱😱😱 Wow !!! A real Eye-opener for a bunch of farming folks!

Me and another guy made that run about 3am once, going from Merrillville Indiana to O'hare airport. Route looked good on the map.
Couple of white guys in a big rented Mercury, must have looked like a couple of cops, cause about all we saw was the low lifes heading away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went through Zinc Arkansas once. That's where the Grand Wizard of the Klan and his brainless minions live. To quote Eddie Murphy in 48 hours..."Never seen so many backward assed country f-cks in my life".

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I remember making a mental note of Green River, Utah and thinking 'why would anyone live here'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I remember making a mental note of Green River, Utah and thinking 'why would anyone live here'
Lots of places like that in Nevada. In the middle of nowhere, no grocery store for miles, no gas station for miles, not freaking trees to provide shade in the desert, yet there are little "houses" scattered about. Different kind of life I guess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
How about Teec Nos Pos, Arizona?

Overseas......the entire country of Oman.

Driving through, or working on a highway overlay project?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35
Biak

I also lived in Many Farms, AZ

Thats pretty backwater. Only someone from Pinon or Low Mountain could top that! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.