Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
As I said-- Trump or Hillary-- who gets YOUR vote??

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Originally Posted by rost495

And even if we win, we may still loose.

sure wish there was a conservative candidate that had a chance.

This is it in a nut shell. A Trump win - anyone but a politician - will unleash unpredictable chaos. The guy doesn't even know what he believes, so how are we to predict what he'll do?

This won't end well because there is no political solution left that will return our nation to a Constitutional Republic.

Safest bet is to move to a conservative state, shore up state government to resist Federal tyranny and stay true to our founding principles. We are not the first formerly free nation to slide into collectivist tyranny.

Unfortunately for our kids, we have not been wise enough to realize that the route of populism is the road to serfdom.

Trump might get elected, and he might actually fix a few things. Stranger things have happened (the nation elected an [islamo-]Marxist in 2008 and Bruce Jenner now wears designer dresses.)

This text jumped right out in my face,....e.g. distressingly SIMILAR radical changes in both of their "presentations"

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Mitch McConnell was running his mouth again yesterday about anti-Trump programs & how he simply cannot be the GOP candidate........he's the embodiment of exactly why people are flocking to Trump.
MM

This incumbent attitude is exactly why I voted for Trump.

I was shocked the GOP couldn't produce a nominee that could easily win the general election in 2012. And a little sickened they have learned very little from 2012.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is the deal with Trump.

He might be a good venue to get an immediate flip off the establishment, but that is all you can guarantee of him. If he goes left, like he has felt all his life with the exception of about 8 months ago to present, it will not surprise me one bit.

If Trump does what he says now, I would support him a lot more. Though sadly for Trump, I am not convinced of this 'newly' minted Trump. Right now, I feel he is a NE liberal that is fooling a lot of deeply angry people that he is a conservative outsider. His non PC stature got him where he is at today. But that in no way telegraphs how he will actually govern as President. That is what I believe most Trump supporters don't get yet.

As far as Cruz, I believe we have a better shot at getting where we need to be to turn this thing around. No guarantees there either, but I feel we have a much, much better shot. If conservative principles in governing are your thing, there is no other option other than Cruz.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There has always been a portion of America that idolizes the bad guy. If you'll notice, most of the Trump supporters here at the 'fire have espoused Edward Snowden as a hero.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some people think Mark Fuhrman is a hero too.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the hypocrisy.

Trump gets a pass on his evolving 2nd amendment stance, yet the 2A is cited as a single source for excluding other candidates.

Trump is lauded as the "Non politician", yet the same people will post threads about other politicians endorsing him and what a big thing that is.

Get america working, yet hires a boat load of Ukranian's to work his resort.

Of course, pointing all this out labels one desperate

Whatever helps them sleep through the night, I guess, but IMO they should have stuck with vodka and pills.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Excellent indeed...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wonder if some of us are thinking that we can choose a (any) professional politician who will tell us what we want to hear, make us feel warm and fuzzy, but whose actions will continue to grow big government, selling out american middle class......or.... Trump. Either way, the 2 party system is broken.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ihookem
Ask Donald what his politics were 10 yrs ago and he was as liberal as can be.
Just throwin' this out there, but you DO know that Reagan was a Democrat before he was a Republican, right??

Seems he came out ok..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Just throwin' this out there, but you DO know that Reagan was a Democrat before he was a Republican, right??

Seems he came out ok..

Seems Roberts was conservative before he was put on the court.

really want to hedge bets on potential "change"

Sorry, man, but the justification [bleep] doesn't fly.

If you like him because of his snarky demeanor, and you want to go all in on his rhetoric, fine, but geez, can his supporters stop covering for his shortcomings and just sell what we see?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RWE
I like the hypocrisy.

Trump gets a pass on his evolving 2nd amendment stance, yet the 2A is cited as a single source for excluding other candidates.

Trump is lauded as the "Non politician", yet the same people will post threads about other politicians endorsing him and what a big thing that is.

Get america working, yet hires a boat load of Ukranian's to work his resort.

Of course, pointing all this out labels one desperate

Whatever helps them sleep through the night, I guess, but IMO they should have stuck with vodka and pills.

Spot on...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Redneck

Seems he came out ok..

Reagan was a very successful republican governor who had a solid record for damn near 20 years before becoming president and comparing a 50's democrat to todays variety is just plain idiocy...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I do. But I think that he changed over more than 15 minutes before He filed to run for President. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

-----------

Cruz thought so too with his vigorous support of Roberts.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because we can.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fishdog52
Wonder if some of us are thinking that we can choose a (any) professional politician who will tell us what we want to hear, make us feel warm and fuzzy, but whose actions will continue to grow big government, selling out american middle class......or.... Trump. Either way, the 2 party system is broken.

At what point does a guy standing up in front of an audience telling lies to obtain a political position become a politician?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

-----------

Easy, Bob. Your recent started thread on the "open letter to the GOP" puts Cruz in the "GOP is against him" category.

If that's the selling point for Trump, why not Cruz?

Oh yeah, because Cruz is just another establishment crony?

How does that work?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There has always been a portion of America that idolizes the bad guy. If you'll notice, most of the Trump supporters here at the '[b]fire have espoused Edward Snowden as a hero.
[/b]

LT, there are days i wonder what color is the sky in your world. Today is one of those days. smile

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by isaac

-----------

Do you have a link???

Vigorous support??? Laughin here...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 12344mag, 25classic, 60 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,295
Posts18,487,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.