-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually I can see the advantage of that setup over priming on the press. Probably quicker getting brass in and out of that unit. Thanks for the photos. I'd be curious to hear how it works for you.

Eat moose, burn spruce
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Graf has these as being in stock. Looks interesting, I may be ordering one too.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just threw this priming tool in the garbage.

I don't know how many cartridges I load in a year, but whatever the total, the design of this tool made priming a chore. I was constantly clearing jams. It didn't work properly almost from the start, and didn't last. I had one problem with the primer tray and another with the adapter (feed ramp) that the primers ride, on their way to the shell holder.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In the first pic, you can see the switch marked ON-LOCK-OPEN. It wears quickly. I figured it would when I first saw it, but you have to use it to find out. The plastic switch (2nd pic) moves from the ON position (allowing the primers to feed from the tray), to the LOCK position (blocking the primers from feeding). As a result, primers jammed around the plastic switch, which made it to difficult to open and clear. Sometimes, I could shake the tray and the primers moved away from the switch, sometimes they wouldn't. I had to use a dental pic to move the primers away from the switch.

I suppose I could have lived with that. A piece of tape to keep the switch from sliding to the LOCK position would have worked, but there was a second problem. About every 10th primer would jam up inside the adapter - the part between the tray and the tool - and the primers wouldn't feed. I had two primers inside the adapter instead of just one. To clear the jam, I had to remove the tray, remove the adapter from the tool body, and tip the adapter backward. The primer would fall out of the chute where the primer tray is installed.

[Linked Image]

Did I just get unlucky and buy a bum priming tool? Perhaps, but the adapter is also used in their hand priming tool, and frankly, I think it needs a redesign. I will use one of my older Lee hand priming tools or a RCBS universal hand priming tool. With a good selection of other priming equipment on the market, it's pointless, IMV, to bother with this one.

For anyone else who has had good or bad experiences with this item, I'd like to hear about it.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
SEM Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you for saving me the time trying the priming tool, Thought this looked to good to be true. I have tried others that I could not get rid of fast enough any one want a hand held APS, When I cant use my RCBS universal hand primer I found in a box of junk a OLD RCBS bench mount tool one primer at a time uses standard shell holders NEVER fails but is SLOW

if you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You're welcome. I would like to think that I was unlucky, but the plastic tray bends, allowing the primers to jam in places where they shouldn't be. The same with the adapter. Perhaps thicker or stronger plastic might help. At any rate, it's gone.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, 4th_point, 257 roberts, 257_X_50, 21, 5 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,017
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.