Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
After the 500 or so irrational threads the Lyin Cruz supporters have posted, CIRCLE JERK is about the best way to sum it up.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
again, based on my experience of reading on this board

its not the message in this case

its the messenger

and that's why these threads get no traction

because the faux concern/outrage is transparent

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Here is what is bothersome. On the way to the 2016 presidential election, a party which continues to betray their conservative base, becomes more overt in their opposition to any candidate who they deem unfit. In doing so, they put themselves in a position whereby the party could cease to exist and lose the election - as a bonus.
While the party bosses put on the air of objectivity, their surrogates are sent out to deliver the scorched earth policy. That is a recipe for disaster both at the ballot box and for their existence as a party.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You guy's need to come to grips with the fact that the majority of people aren't as emotional as you. Trump wants to torture the families of terrorists that don't even exist. Can we just SAY they were related to a terrorist?

____

Reality Check: Trump on 9/11 hijackers' wives

Trump was asked whether he still supported targeting the family of terrorists as part of a U.S. counterterrorism strategy. Trump reaffirmed his stance and referenced the families of the terrorists who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks, claiming they had prior knowledge of the 9/11 attacks and saying that this knowledge justified including the families of terrorists on a list of targets.

Trump said: "The wife knew exactly what was happening. They left two days early with respect to the World Trade Center and they went back to where they went and they watched their husband on television flying into the World Trade Center, flying into the Pentagon, and probably trying to fly into the White House, except we had some very, very brave souls on that third plane. All right? I have no problem with it."

The 9/11 Commission Report, the most exhaustive report on the attacks and the 19 hijackers, does not show any evidence to support this claim.

According to the report, only two of the hijackers were married, and there is no evidence that either of the wives of the two hijackers had ever traveled to the United States, much less left the U.S. two days before the attacks.

"None of the 9/11 terrorists could have 'sent their wives home' before the attacks because, as you suggest, none of them brought female companions to the United States," Philip D. Zelikow, executive director of the 9/11 Commission, told The Washington Post in December.

One of the hijackers did have a German girlfriend that had visited him in the United States, but her last visit to America was months before the attacks.

The 9/11 Commission contains no evidence that supports Trump's claim.

Verdict: False.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
After the 500 or so irrational threads the Lyin Cruz supporters have posted, CIRCLE JERK is about the best way to sum it up.

Listen to the 5th grade boy that glorifies booger eating...

But to give the devil his due, you would be the "Go-to-man" to know about circle jerks.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
When we're talking about waterboarding people whose agents slash the throats of flight crews and fly jumbo jets into the side of buildings I have no problem with waterboarding. Never understood why the practice was suspended.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Here is what is bothersome. On the way to the 2016 presidential election, a party which continues to betray their conservative base, becomes more overt in their opposition to any candidate who they deem unfit. In doing so, they put themselves in a position whereby the party could cease to exist and lose the election - as a bonus.
While the party bosses put on the air of objectivity, their surrogates are sent out to deliver the scorched earth policy. That is a recipe for disaster both at the ballot box and for their existence as a party.

Agreed, and those who think that the "anti-liberal" party can exist without conservatives are fools. Without them, there IS only one party.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KFWA

its the messenger

I don't see much "faux" concern/outrage here. You don't think the participation on like minded topics indicate the very concern out there across the land?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

its the messenger

You're basing this on the 'messages' expressed on a forum board.

The same messages also include vigilante justice on more than enough occasions that someone should have done at least one by now, but it never happens.

Hence, you are basing your astute experience on messages that have held little weight or sincerity, other than emotion.

But Trump is looking to hold the military in his hand, and he will either follow through or he is just talking out his ass.

The former may be a sad day for us. The latter as well.

But no one cares about those possibilities.

Full steam (hot air) ahead....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunswizard
When we're talking about waterboarding people whose agents slash the throats of flight crews and fly jumbo jets into the side of buildings I have no problem with waterboarding. Never understood why the practice was suspended.

Someone please advise me, but I believe I've heard on more than one occasion where military pilots and others were subjected to water boarding as a means of a training session?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

So, you're okay with torturing people that may be related to somebody that may have committed a crime? As noted above, the "families" that Trump so often refers to don't even exist. Maybe you're one of them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Someone please advise me, but I believe I've heard on more than one occasion where military pilots and others were subjected to water boarding as a means of a training session?

This isn't about waterboarding.

Trump said he would go back to waterboarding and beyond... including killing of women and kids of terrorist suspects, and order the military to do such, even if unconstitutional and unlawful.

Trading a high yeller tyrant for an orange one won't get us any closer to what our country should be.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Response of the week , well done !

.... like tears in the rain
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That is a recipe for disaster both at the ballot box and for their existence as a party.
Not to mention the existence of the gov't..

Scorch enough citizens and a few Congressmen and Senators will NOT be able to obtain enough police protection to keep them alive against a throng of millions..

Just sayin'............

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

its the messenger

The same messages also include vigilante justice on more than enough occasions that someone should have done at least one by now, but it never happens.

Hence, you are basing your astute experience on messages that have held little weight or sincerity, other than emotion.

But Trump is looking to hold the military in his hand, and he will either follow through or he is just talking out his ass.

The former may be a sad day for us. The latter as well.

But no one cares about those possibilities.

Full steam (hot air) ahead....

It doesn't go unnoticed.

http://time.com/4247397/donald-trump-waterboarding-torture/

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Agreed, and those who think that the "anti-liberal" party can exist without conservatives are fools. Without them, there IS only one party.

Well then we are making some progress. I have spoken with "R"'s locally who are progressives in a sense that they don't find too much fault with Dem policies - but they believe they can "do it" better. Either the party must be forced to change drastically or change the dam platform to reflect what you really believe in.

For all his faults, Trump plays a valuable role in exposing the GOP for what what they have become. He has given those frustrated with the GOP a voice to push back and pull away the curtain of deceit. He may fail and the party may fail, but I truly hope it will ever be the same again. In the process though, we may lose the Country. I don't think it is overstated to say we are at a perilous crossroad.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 03/03/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

its the messenger

so what you're saying is there are alot of big talkers on here but its all bullshit when it comes to their opinion about letting the military loose and do what it has to do to win a war?

I don't think that's the case - and when the audience cheers in support of waterboarding (and again, personally I cringe at that) - I don't think its just bravado on their part.

I've seen audiences boo Ron Paul and Rand Paul when they argue against waterboarding and enhanced interrogation techniques. I saw audiences boo John McCain when he came out against it going against the Bush administration.

This isn't limited to the Trump supporters - except maybe those same people that were booing it 4 and 8 years ago are now supporting Trump

The reality is I don't expect Trump to make any outlandish orders in regards to attacks on our enemy, however he wants to differentiate himself from everyone else on that stage and let the military know he'll never let a Benghazi situation happen on his watch nor does he plan to ever see burned Marines dragged behind cars in the middle of some Middle Eastern country - or if it does happen there will be a massive unproportional (not even sure that's a word) retaliation on our part.

I'm sorry but I just will not accept that if this was Cruz saying this you guys wouldn't be waving the American flag off some rooftop somewhere.

speaking of that I haven't noticed - does every one of these candidate wear a flag on their suit lapel? That used to be required or your were a communist in the debates.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/03/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
About half of Americans approve of torturing terrorists. I don't think that many approve of killing everybody that might know them. Will this apply to domestic terrorism as well?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm bothered by a lot of things about Trump. A lot. Sadly, however, I'm more bothered by the prospect of permitting the ruling oligarchy uninterrupted and continuous rule in DC, which is what will happen if one of the Trump alternatives, or Hitlery, get in. There are no good choices here.

PS Cruz is a transparent phony. He was for legalizing all the illegals before he was against it. Had he simply said he changed his mind, this wouldn't be so terrible, but he lied and made up some lame "poison pill" excuse that was easily shown to be a lie.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell

....and if those elected to do the bidding of their constituency, do nothing but further and agree with the policy's and agenda's of the opposing party,... we should support them anyway ? election after election after election ?

.... like tears in the rain
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Anaconda, alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 12 invisible), 839 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,915
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.