Hop To
Page 101 of 120 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 119 120
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Ingwe did you use "ping pong" bullets to? And a wood stock, blued steel, have to deduct points for sure. Deer must have died from something else..

Actually for the time period I used the highest BC bullet I could find, a Hornady 162 BTSP with a BC somewhere over .5 IIRC......so I was pretty much cutting edge for back in the day....

But that rifle had a Leupold Scope on it and windage adjustable mounts and only killed slightly more game than EHD and CWD, so I eventually got rid of the no-good POS grin
Did you kill any spikes with that rifle/scope combo?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
HR IC

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Do air soft guns have rifled barrels???

Sugar tits I have a coupon code for optics planet when your ready to crawl out of 1981 and get a good pair of binos. laugh.

moossees mils Mao here kitty kitty kitty

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
gw: what the heck is JAPPFT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you should know. you probably are one.....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by southtexas

I learned at an early age that I was an 80%er. Seems I've always operated within a narrow band of mediocrity. Consequently I'm nuthin' special. I'm from Texas and like to perforate porkers.

So..........

[Linked Image]

I figure I'm Just Another Porker Perforator From Texas.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/17/16.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did Salvador dally with magic mushrooms or somethin'?

Vaguely recall seeing something like this once here in Florida. Was at about 21,000' flying out the back side of a thunderstorm. Pattern I saw looked a lot like Jesus. He was laffin' at me.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do they Squeal on you when you penetrate them?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So I've been puttin' a LOT of attention to this thread and takin' notes... Fingered I best apply same...

Best place to start was to get the shootin' part down so I had my good buddy "Ringman" load me up some match ammo and hit the range... Got my 100 yd zero locked down and decided to go ahead and collect some empirical data and get my dope out to distance... It was pure HELL but I looked at my notes and "Hard Charged" my way through it and got dope out to 2fiddy with the two baddest 308's on the planet... Left good ole Ringman a voice mail to load me up some more as that schidt was just amazing...

[Linked Image]

I decided I couldn't let poor ole dumb Elk be the only Hard Charger in the Boob & Nipple book so I set my sights on bagging me a trophy... After 3 or 8 stalks went to total schidt I figured these elusive beasts where more than a hand full... I decided to bait one in so I used what was left of my breakfast burrito and an old coat hanger to even the score... BOOM bitches I'm in... No fur damage and I'm leaning toward a full body mount...

[Linked Image]

On the drive home I checked my notes once again and new I couldn't let the two oldest fücks on the planet out do me so Bacon was on the menu and I knew just the place... I finally spied my prey and with a legendary stalk got to my FFP and let them piggies have it... 37 shots later with my ultimate match ammo I did myself proud... BLT's are on the fückin' menu fo' sure... Thought it woulda been more challenging but the way they lined up at the trough made it quite easy... The hardest part of the whole hunt was running from that crazed farmer and hurdling the fences and locked gates... Have no idea what his problem was...

[Linked Image]

Being this farmer was still hot on my trail I decided to do some "Tactical" driving and lose him... Once the coast was clear I pulled into the local Jap Dealer, dumped the Taco and gots me one of them Bad Ass High Speed Low Drag Soccer Mom Bitch Mobiles... He'll never catch me now... Got a smokin deal on it to boot... Low payments for 120 months @ 29.75% interest and got $129 trade in for the taco ... A few double shifts at the "Glory Hole" and it'll be paid off in no time...

[Linked Image]

Film at 20:15...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Once back at the Love Shack I decided to try my hand at this camera stuff and show off the best bino's in the world ever... So I pulled out my high dollar Polaroid, set the SLR lens to Blurritude and let the shutter smoke... View it and weep bitches...

[Linked Image]

After a long rough day it was time for a break... Low and behold though, looking across the vast wilderness I spied a feral beast that needed to be put down... With light fading and knowing it was either the beast or me I once again called out on the baddest 308 on the planet with the Ringman match ammo and let one fly... Smoked it... DRT... not a damn step... I hate sharing my couch...

[Linked Image]

After settling in on my couch the ole lady tosses me a parcel that had come while I was out hard charging... To my surprise it was yet another custom knife... How can a guy be this lucky all in one day... I'm still in awe...

[Linked Image]

With all the days excitement and Balls to the wall hard charging it's time to sit back, put my feet up and have a toddy... I'll prepare for a romantic evening with the hottest bitch on the planet and I WILL knock the bottom out of it...

You dumbasses got Stick on the ropes... Be relentless and don't let up... Take no prisoners... I can tell he's startin' to crumble...

Not one Leupold was damaged, broken or found lackin' in the trackin' dept. during the making of this post... Simply because they seem to do that on their own without much help...

HCLTW

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Back at ya' BD.

GWB

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

I just got one of Redneck Precisions new electronic triggers to go with my new scope level.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Elkhuntinguide great post, but where's the rusty maimed rifles tossed in the creek. And no snagging hooks (you know if the water is to deep after you fling the rifle).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Hunts, estimated time of installation on trig and level system? Can the "Average" rifleman install and calibrate or should this be done by a "Competent" 'smith?

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 03/17/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Elkhuntinguide great post, but where's the rusty maimed rifles tossed in the creek. And no snagging hooks (you know if the water is to deep after you fling the rifle).

Did somebody say "snaggin hooks"?
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 03/17/16.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

[Linked Image]

That's what I'm talking about. If the waters to deep (ankle height for us) you fling out the hook and retrieve the rusted maimed rifle. I understands Alaskan bush people use them to fish.

Is that rig used for paddlefish? The weight is on the end of the line yes? Will the weight break off if stuck? We use weighted trebles here to snag bunker for striped bass and bluefish bait.

Last edited by Mike_S; 03/17/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by southtexas

I learned at an early age that I was an 80%er. Seems I've always operated within a narrow band of mediocrity. Consequently I'm nuthin' special. I'm from Texas and like to perforate porkers.

So..........

[Linked Image]

I figure I'm Just Another Porker Perforator From Texas.

JAPPFT,

GWB

just what I thought! wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

[Linked Image]

That's what I'm talking about. If the waters to deep (ankle height for us) you fling out the hook and retrieve the rusted maimed rifle. I understands Alaskan bush people use them to fish.

Is that rig used for paddlefish? The weight is on the end of the line yes? Will the weight break off if stuck? We use weighted trebles here to snag bunker for striped bass and bluefish bait.

Yeah, spoonbill/paddlefish. If hung its not the weight its the hook buried in a log. If that is the case go back up river and generally pull it loose. We only snag w the crrent to eliminate hang-ups.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey look!! Almost a moose!!!

[Linked Image]

Just kiddin' little buddy. Don't get mad at me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'm extremely gentle on my wares... A walnut/blue kinda gal... The horror of actually using a rifle in those extremes gets my blood pressure up...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
It's not often I buy factory ammo.

[Linked Image]

But when I can get Nosler Custom in 9.3 x 74R,loaded w/ 250 gr. Accubonds for +/- $34 for 20 rounds, I'm there.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Page 101 of 120 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

350 members (10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 160user, 1badf350, 35 invisible), 1,888 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,117
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.