Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about hunting from a tree stand?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Coyote hunter. I am unsure about "fair chase"? How does proximity of shooter or lack thereof disqualify one from "fair chase"?

As stated in my post, I was expressing my opinions. Another is that range per se is neither a qualifier nor a disqualifier for “fair chase”. The longer the range, though, I harder it is to convince me that “fair chase” is involved. If I see elk at 2 miles, is it “fair chase” to use a 105mm howitzer to take one?

Good luck getting everyone to agree as to what constitutes “fair chase”.

My guess is that the video was a staged event from the word “go”. The elk were probably on that hillside every day and the shooting spot was, IMNSHO, chosen for the range above all else.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Clearly unethical, since it involves using technology to defeat the animal's senses. You need to be down on the ground, where the animal has a fair chance to detect you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
How about hunting from a tree stand?

I don't understand why people climb those things.....you can fall out and get hurt. grin

But make no mistake....deer do look up! wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Clearly unethical, since it involves using technology to defeat the animal's senses. You need to be down on the ground, where the animal has a fair chance to detect you.

Exactly.

I'd like to know what natural predators to deer and elk live in and hunt from trees.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Anything that increases the kill range helps defeat an animals senses. everyone that uses a firearm or a bow or even a lance uses technology to help defeat the quarries senses and is therefore "unethical"?

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's not what I'm saying. We all use technology to some degree. It's just that some want to draw a line beyond which fair chase ends. Usually, just beyond where they choose to fall on the continuum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Age does not matter, I don't like the long range hunting game. For many, it seems the trophy is the distance. Too much can go wrong at 100 yards, this increases the risk. Animals deserve better.

AGREED!!!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have the scopes
We have the rifles.
We have the bullets
We have the skills.
That 12 year old might be defending your country in a few years knocking them scum bags jihadists in your own backyard. Don't discourage them. LOL

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
We have the scopes
We have the rifles.
We have the bullets
We have the skills.
That 12 year old might be defending your country in a few years knocking them scum bags jihadists in your own backyard. Don't discourage them. LOL

I hope not! First shot kills are an important component when shooting Muzzies...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Boy I'm glad mountain lions don't climb trees and jump on elk...

OH WAIT !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That outfit has the stench of John Burns. Too many variables involved not to wound a lot more animals than kill.

I do recall Burns and a shooter with a pile of ejected empty cases laying around and the shooter finally hits the target. Never did remember seeing Burns make a game recovery.

All that said, if one can do it with regularity, do it.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do recall Burns and a shooter with a pile of ejected empty cases laying around

How many dead animals?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Boy I'm glad mountain lions don't climb trees and jump on elk...

Shizzamm Gomer!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
I do recall Burns and a shooter with a pile of ejected empty cases laying around

How many dead animals?

My point exactly... Shoot and shoot until you connect with the only one there. He doesn't know he's being shot at. If there is finally a hit, that's the only shot shown, and no video of a recovery.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

And be chunkin spears...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by Ringman

How many dead animals?

My point exactly... Shoot and shoot until you connect with the only one there. He doesn't know he's being shot at. If there is finally a hit, that's the only shot shown, and no video of a recovery.

No hunting with supressors either...

Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.