Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have been using AG Custom Gun Leather for belts and they are outstanding.
http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

I would not scrimp on belts. They can make or break whether you carry comfortably or leave the gun at home

Last edited by pacecars; 03/20/16.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The so called " Instructor" belt has been by far the best for me...

[Linked Image]

These ones are Blackhawk...about $40

Midway sells their version for about half that....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This is a local place East of Columbus. The quality is fantastic and the thickness is comparable to 'duty belts' for $30-$40. I can't imaging ever wearing one out.

http://riverridgeleather.com/products.php?cat=1

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Crossbreed sells belts now. Haven't seen them but I imagine they are of similar quality to the holsters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never found a ranger type (non leather) belt, that when worn in pants belt loops, for daily concealed carry, to be as comfortable as a good leather belt.

"Amish Made Belts" make about two dozen versions, the "Bullhide" is just one, and they offer a number of options for each version. I normally run a plain smooth "Bullhide" for knocking around, with the optioned up fancier versions when dressing up. They are very comfortable belts that work well, unless you are running something that has trouble fitting the thick leather.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just bought one of these http://www.zlogonje.com/belts.php about 2 weeks ago. (Saw it on the Ohioans For Concealed Carry website.)

I got the 1.5" wide, unstitched, Biothane. Very comfortable and looks good to me. $32 to my door. I'd probably get stitched next time since it looks a little more fancy.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gould & Goodrich makes a combination leather/synthetic belt that's damn good. The synthetic part is the same material that Safariland makes their duty gear from, so it's tough as nails. The outside layer is leather and it's very nice. The great thing is, the belt is very reasonably priced and mine has seen daily use for 3 years now (while wearing a LW Commander) and it looks like it has at least 2-3 more years life left in it, possibly more.

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/gould-...4OxDq-FFoXa5pYmL_J6p3qdGzbc10aAr3X8P8HAQ

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I guess I am the exception. I find as long as the holster is in the proper spot for your build and the belt is matched to the carry system just about anything will work. I know some people might flip but I wear mine on the thin BDU style belts and have never had the belt rub me raw, compromise my carry or been uncomfortable. Yesterday I was wearing a full size MP with 2 spare mags and never for a moment worried about my belt.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another got for the Wilderness Tactical Instructor Belt. I order mine with with the easyfit and lengthwise stiffening stitch options as well. Damned good belts that bear a load well.

IC B3

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
www.thebeltman.com

I have a horsehide belt and it is excellent

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ltbball
www.thebeltman.com

I have a horsehide belt and it is excellent

WTH is THAT link?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hank's has a good selection of the Amish belts. I've had mine for several years, very durable.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_ccw.html

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
L
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
L
well I order a belt from the belt man today, very friendly & helpful on the phone. thanks to all of you for the responses. Darrell

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
sorry

link should have been www.thebeltman.net

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by lastround
Try the Beltman.com. Good stiff and well made belts with many options.

I use one of his horsehide belts. Great stuff.

I just received one of his 'quick ship' belts in bull hide and am liking it so far. I'm also planning to add one of the Wilderness Instructor belts...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 18,053 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,842
Posts18,537,240
Members74,047
Most Online19,844
48 seconds ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.