-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Monashee, Grizzly_bill and Uncle_Dusty are a couple more that came to my mind right away along with some already mentioned.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Waders
The really sad part is that the list is only going to grow.

I used to meet up with Ken Maples (bulletbutt) at the gun show in Chehalis. He and jimmyd223 (who is still kicking, just blind) always used to try to con me into buying lunch when it wasn't my turn. They really thought they were clever and funny--they were half right. smile Ken came to one of the get-togethers in Olympia and brought his wife. I still remember her introducing herself as "Mrs. Bulletbutt." Ha!

I only met Bullwnkl a few times. I will say this about the man: Anything he claimed to know about, he knew about. Jim was a wealth of knowledge. He kind of reminded me of Okanagan (who is also still alive as of last week). Okanagan is another who has quietly accumulated more "been there, done that" than he ever lets on. But if you can get him talking, listen and take notes. That's how Jim was.

Anyway, it's a bummer to lose good people...

I've been wondering about Jimmyd, we use to PM a bit and I knew his eyes were about gone. I figure the blindness finally took hold. If you talk to him please tell him I said HEY.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Malm

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Chad 'High Brass'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Departed doesn't have to mean dead. I know of a few that have departed due to the decay of the Campfire, specifically Dober and Rancho Loco to start a living departed list...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Chad 'High Brass'

Thanks. His birthday was yesterday. He would have been 39.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Bill Singleton, a/k/a, "ShoMeWhitetails, 12/18/13.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Eddybo.
Ken Howell

I drove through Ruidoso on the way home from the Hog Hunt last week. I said a prayer for Dr. Howell and regretted not making it there earlier to pay my respects in person.

I never met Mickey Coleman but he was such a good man he inspired me through internet postings. That fact that you guys keep their spirits living is a testimony to your quality.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Departed doesn't have to mean dead. I know of a few that have departed due to the decay of the Campfire, specifically Dober and Rancho Loco to start a living departed list...

I really miss Grasshopper, although I see he did chime in on one post back in January. He is a wealth of knowledge with ZERO bullsh*t and is a genuinely good guy.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bricktop.

<sarcasm font off>

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Brian... AKA Wheelchairbandit. Got to know him through PM, super guy and sad to hear he had left us.

Did Brian pass away, or did he just leave the 'fire?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Nsaqam.

I was reading through (and deleting) old PMs here, and I noticed one from Nsaqam. Ken had emailed me explaining that he had left the 'fire due to losing his dominant eye cornea in a work accident. Visiting shooting sites was too depressing, he explained.
I emailed him back with some encouragement.

It wasn't until recently that I noticed that my pm to him was "unread"...never even opened.
He suffered a massive heart attack soon after I sent it to him.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I liked Mickey, was a good dude. Only knew him via PMs but he had a sense of humor I got. It was kinda dry, that's what made him funny. One time I made a smart azz remark in funny fashion and his responce was short and funny, two post later he posted a message to me (Just Joshin you). I knew he was joking and i didn't think a thing about it as he didn't my little poke at him but he wanted to make sure that I didn't take it the wrong way. He was a southern gentlemen.

Let's not forget Qtip either. I only remember a few of his posts but he was Winkman's best friend. He was a funny old coot.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

According to the Campfire forum users list, the "Last Online" stats show that over half of the current total registered members, for what ever reasons, haven't logged in to their account since 12/31/12 (or before).

Last edited by joken2; 03/20/16.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Bigsqueeze. Killed by his stepson which was amazing because he was a karate expert.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Safariman

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Brian... AKA Wheelchairbandit. Got to know him through PM, super guy and sad to hear he had left us.

Yep. Went on a 3 day shoot with him. VERY bright. Great sense of humor. No big ego. Knew a hellofva lot about guns and he could shoot dang good too. Play a guitar like nobody's business. I miss him. Had no idea he was even ill.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Qtip

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Did Brian pass away, or did he just leave the 'fire?

I am very sorry to have to report that he has indeed passed. I think Brian was only 28 years old. He had a chronic condition since childhood that had required him to under go many surgeries, but I had no idea his condition was one that could result in death. I am sure Brian knew it however.

Last edited by BobWills; 03/20/16. Reason: typo

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,985
Posts18,499,803
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.