Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by rem141r
i'm no ben cartwright so forgive my ignorance. there's such a thing as a "calf pulling chain" ?? holy fugg that sounds brutal. glad my steaks come from costco. no chains needed there.

Lordy Lordy!

All some folks know about is concrete, asphalt, and street lights!!

no dickhead, but some of us have never done schit with cattle though. ain't no asphalt concrete or street lights out this way. excuse me for asking a question. oh, an NE LA is a fuggen toilet.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't we all just get along?
I'll fire up the grill and get some steaks ready.

I've got a whole package with chain marks still on them.
grin

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by rem141r
i'm no ben cartwright so forgive my ignorance. there's such a thing as a "calf pulling chain" ?? holy fugg that sounds brutal. glad my steaks come from costco. no chains needed there.

Lordy Lordy!

All some folks know about is concrete, asphalt, and street lights!!

Yep, no chain sometimes, no steaks from costco.... just because a fool doesn't see what happens in real life doesn't mean its not real... DUH...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The smell of life is way better than death.

[Linked Image]

Saturday morning pull, easy one. The heifers have really been mothering up well this spring which things much easier.
(pulled calves always seem to have a higher chance of making a poor mother)

[Linked Image]

Trying to get on his feet 15 minutes later.

[Linked Image]

Nothing worse than pulling a calf and uniting the new mother only to see her show zero interest. And then there are the raging hormone, 'pusher/grouchy moo' momma's.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice photos, glade to see your having a good year

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Nothing pisses a guy off like watching a cow refuse to feed her new baby. We had one nasty old brockle faced bitch refuse to mother up, even after being locked in a stall with the calf for five days.

A different cow had a calf born dead a couple days later and we were able to graft the orphan onto her.

On the other hand, I had a holstien/hereford cross cow for many years. She produced about forty pounds of milk per day. Each year when she calved, I had to run down to the auction and pick up three additional calves to graft onto her.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing worse than pulling a calf and uniting the new mother only to see her show zero interest.

We had one like that long ago that had no holes in her teats. Even after punching some, we had to put her head in a stall so the calves, could drink. She was a red Holstein and had lots of milk, so extra calves. Tried milking her, but she was a bitch. That was back in the days when we hand milked cows for our own use. Turned her into a nurse cow but She had to have her head fastened and kicker on even for that. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,890
Posts18,518,307
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.