-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yesterday, I tried the Competition Electronics Digital Link bluetooth interface for their ProChrono. Despite misty overcast conditions, everything performed flawlessly. The "Digital Link" unit simply straps onto the side of the ProChrono with an included nylon and velcro strap and plugs into the 1/8" jack on the left side. After downloading the Digital Link app from the AppStore and turning on my iPhone's Bluetooth, the devices paired right up. One caveat, when searching for the app on the AppStore, I first searched for "ProChrono" to no avail. Thus forcing me to look at the included 1/2 page instruction sheet, which taught searching specifically for "Digital Link". Once doing so, the app popped right up, downloaded and installed in seconds. The app is very easy to use. I started using it very intuitively.

Setting out to chronograph 5 different loads in two different rifles chambered for 204 Ruger was the afternoon's objective. I set the Chrono up approx 15' in front of the firing line. Entering rifle and load data between strings, was a breeze. Weather data, date, time, location, and elevation were all automatically generated. Overall, I am very pleased with the unit. I wish the unit could save rifle details so they didn't have to be entered redundantly. It would also be neat if bullet hits could be captured through the spotting scope and recorded in the shot string file. Both units are Made in the USA!!!

I was so busy using the iphone for chrono data that I forgot to take any pictures of the unit set up. Here are a couple of screen shots.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Here are a couple of pictures from today.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Today I used my iPad mini. The app seems to be made for the iPhone. When using it on the mini, it doesn't automatically fill in weather data. The iPad has a wifi connection and cellular data service at the range. You can see the iPad propped up on the adjacent bench.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (300_savage, 1minute, 35WhelenNut, 2five7, 2ndwind, 338reddog, 17 invisible), 1,788 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,862
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.