Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"Ladder" day saints..poor cummins, bet he still hasnt figured it out.

dont know when they were invented.

Last edited by rosco1; 03/25/16.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
All that is being stated is that Mormonism and Christianity are not the same religion, because at their doctrinal core they actually believe different methods for salvation.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
All that is being stated is that Mormonism and Christianity are not the same religion, because at their doctrinal core they actually believe different methods for salvation.

Yes. No slight against any religion.

Mormons are Mormons.

Christians are Christians.

Their beliefs do not allow them to mix or be considered the same religion. Anybody who says so is terribly misinformed. BTW, most Christians do consider Mormons to be Christians.. Just shows you how misinformed most Christians are.

Beck is an idiot.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'm not sure that they believe in different methods. The methods are the same. It is just that Christians place their faith in the Jesus of the Bible while Mormons place their faith in the Jesus of the Book of Mormon. The objects of faith are different.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I just hope Christ is a lot more forgiving than his followers.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by rosco1
You Jesus freaks are an odd lot.

Can someone tell me how old a religion has to be, to not be considered a cult? 400 years, older maybe?

The answers will be funny smile

When were ladders invented?

The nerd in me (which is most of me) loves questions like this. I went off to google-land and discovered the oldest depiction of a ladder dates back 10,000 years.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by postoak
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by rosco1
You Jesus freaks are an odd lot.

Can someone tell me how old a religion has to be, to not be considered a cult? 400 years, older maybe?

The answers will be funny smile

When were ladders invented?

The nerd in me (which is most of me) loves questions like this. I went off to google-land and discovered the oldest depiction of a ladder dates back 10,000 years.

Impossible. The earth is only 6000 years old, give or take a few weeks...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saying Mormons aren't Christians is likely the nicest thing I've heard anyone say about Mormons!

I'd be flattered if I was a Mormon! grin

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Traditional cristianism is based on Paul, a forward prophet, fell in the dirt, saw the white light, Jesus appeared before him, he made a worldwide church. Mormonism is based on Smith, a forward prophet, fell and saw the white light, Jesus appeared before him, he made a worldwide church.

My Dad grew up mormon but left the church and we were heavily involved with the semi nondenominational christian church. Central Christian Church was/is the name of our church, we also helped build sister churches in the community starting in school auditoriums and building the physical church itself.

My uncle and cousins are LDS bishops, I was taught in my church how to battle the hypocrisy of mormonism claims to christianity. I had some epic battles with my relatives.

Also was taught how Catholicism was wrong on many levels.. probably nazarenes and all the rest. I met my wife in a Nazarene church... lol

When I was a freshman in HS it was decided I would be groomed for the ministry, the Dr's of our churches wanted to start a seminary class at the HS just like the LDS had. The LDS had a building across the street the had classes in during school hours, so our church leaders asked if they could use the building for one period, and were given the go ahead. Yet many times in that class the instructor who was one of our different ministers on any given day, would disparage the very benefactors of the building we were using. And smug about it.

I was a trial for those that thought I could be brainwashed into the system, I know they think they failed but instead I came to a much better understanding of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

I have been in almost every kind of church there is including LDS and most recent Catholic. They are all pretty much the same... and the truth is you bring God with you.

Christ is inclusive and loves all his brothers and sisters... no matter the label.

Kent

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Saying Mormons aren't Christians is likely the nicest thing I've heard anyone say about Mormons!

I'd be flattered if I was a Mormon! grin

Luckily, 99% of Christians aren't Christian.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Anybody here shoot Flintlock Rifles with PRB??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dassa
I just hope Christ is a lot more forgiving than his followers.

He is.

FWIW-- I will take a Mormon as a neighbor at any time -- good folks.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I'm not sure that they believe in different methods. The methods are the same. It is just that Christians place their faith in the Jesus of the Bible while Mormons place their faith in the Jesus of the Book of Mormon. The objects of faith are different.

But they ain't the same Jesus. One Jesus is God. The other Jesus is a God, separate from the head god. Two completely different beliefs. Different Jesus.

One religion believes in 1 God. The other religion believes in multiple gods. Again, two completely different religions. Monotheism and Polytheism.

How people are saved.. Completely different. Not even in the same ballpark.

Views of heaven and hell.. Completely different.

And, I could go on and on. I have no idea how anybody who actually knows anything about the two could possibly say they are even similar. It is beyond me how Mormons would want to be called "Christian", given how different they made their beliefs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calvin

But they ain't the same Jesus. One Jesus is God. The other Jesus is a God, separate from the head god. Two completely different beliefs. Different Jesus.

One religion believes in 1 God. The other religion believes in multiple gods. Again, two completely different religions. Monotheism and Polytheism.

And, I could go on and on. I have no idea how anybody who actually knows anything about the two could possibly say they are even similar. It is beyond me how Mormons would want to be called "Christian", given how different they made their beliefs.

Your stance is based on a falsehood, it falls apart from there. The Mormons don't believe in 3 gods, it's 1 god. They don't worship Jesus and they don't worship the holy ghost. They do believe they are 3 separate entities though.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD

Your stance is based on a falsehood, it falls apart from there. The Mormons don't believe in 3 gods, it's 1 god. They don't worship Jesus and they don't worship the holy ghost. They do believe they are 3 separate entities though.

So, is Jesus God or not?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Does any of this S*** really matter when you find yourself swearing an oath to the Donald?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

wrong, there is only one jesus. he is the son of god, AKA as the only begotten son, thats in the bible in numerous places. have you read any of it? you know the bible?

oh never mind I am sure your a trump voter. that explains everything.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I know exactly what Christianity believes. Sounds like you know exactly what Mormonism believes.

Two completely different religions, eh?

What I don't understand is why a group of folks split off from Christianity, changed all the essential beliefs, created their own religion, now want to be called "Christian"?

If you are a Mormon, say "I'm a Mormon". That's fine, and the world will be fine with it. I'll still be your friend.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD

So, is Jesus God or not?

In my original post, in bold.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
Traditional cristianism is based on Paul, a forward prophet, fell in the dirt, saw the white light, Jesus appeared before him, he made a worldwide church. Mormonism is based on Smith, a forward prophet, fell and saw the white light, Jesus appeared before him, he made a worldwide church.

My Dad grew up mormon but left the church and we were heavily involved with the semi nondenominational christian church. Central Christian Church was/is the name of our church, we also helped build sister churches in the community starting in school auditoriums and building the physical church itself.

My uncle and cousins are LDS bishops, I was taught in my church how to battle the hypocrisy of mormonism claims to christianity. I had some epic battles with my relatives.

Also was taught how Catholicism was wrong on many levels.. probably nazarenes and all the rest. I met my wife in a Nazarene church... lol

When I was a freshman in HS it was decided I would be groomed for the ministry, the Dr's of our churches wanted to start a seminary class at the HS just like the LDS had. The LDS had a building across the street the had classes in during school hours, so our church leaders asked if they could use the building for one period, and were given the go ahead. Yet many times in that class the instructor who was one of our different ministers on any given day, would disparage the very benefactors of the building we were using. And smug about it.

I was a trial for those that thought I could be brainwashed into the system, I know they think they failed but instead I came to a much better understanding of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

I have been in almost every kind of church there is including LDS and most recent Catholic. They are all pretty much the same... and the truth is you bring God with you.

Christ is inclusive and loves all his brothers and sisters... no matter the label.

Kent
Christianity is based on Jesus Christ and nobody else. This is the God of the Bible, God the Son. God the Son is One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost. Paul was an inspired man but was NOT the basis for the Christian religion. Jesus is fully God and fully man as well. Christians believe this and the fact that Jesus was sinless but put to death for crimes he didn't commit and rose from the dead. We further believe He is fully able to save us from our sins due to his sacrifice which God the Father accepts for us, enabling us to be with Jesus in eternity after we ourselves are resurrected. Anybody who believes in Jesus receives the gift of faith which is all it takes to escape hell. Paul, no offense to him, was just another believer.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (2500HD, 270wsmnutt, 260Remguy, 1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,771 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,130
Posts18,502,601
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.