Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
No, either the inletting is wrong for the floor plate, or the trigger guard. This is why McMillan makes you mail them your bottom metal when you order a ruger. You can either dick with the stock inletting, or remove a few thousandths from the metal post on the floor plate. Your choice...

I've had my share of McMillan stocks for Rugers and they never 'made' me do anything, except pay them.

I've also NEVER removed metal.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It AMAZES me that people send sheit back for simple things. I'm guessing some would have a car taking to the dealership for a flat tire.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm also amazed that people don't bed stocks, most especially wood and even most especially Ruger.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The Ruger bottom metal inletting on the Mcmillion, is better and different than the stock Ruger. Floor plate is flush with stock. Looks cleaner.

I do not care for Rugers 2 piece bottom metal, with that front angled screw they probably have to stick with it to get it to align.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It AMAZES me that people send sheit back for simple things. I'm guessing some would have a car taking to the dealership for a flat tire.

Had a new Soldier, who was originally from Nepal, bought a new car and 3 days later got a flat tire. Wanted to return it to the dealership, took some explaining to him to explain it's not how it works.

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Steelhead is full of wonder

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, either the inletting is wrong for the floor plate, or the trigger guard. This is why McMillan makes you mail them your bottom metal when you order a ruger. You can either dick with the stock inletting, or remove a few thousandths from the metal post on the floor plate. Your choice...

I've had my share of McMillan stocks for Rugers and they never 'made' me do anything, except pay them.

I've also NEVER removed metal.

Wait! I was wrong! You have to grind off the metal!

Yeah right, dogcatcher giving more great advice...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by driftless

...and more than the occasional piece of good advice...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm also amazed that people don't bed stocks, most especially wood and even most especially Ruger.

I wonder how much that goofy angled screw has cost them over the years versus an ordinary vertical screw.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kk alaska
The Ruger bottom metal inletting on the Mcmillion, is better and different than the stock Ruger. Floor plate is flush with stock. Looks cleaner.

I do not care for Rugers 2 piece bottom metal, with that front angled screw they probably have to stick with it to get it to align.

Yup, they do have to do something to reduce their tolerance requirements...

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
He made some great points. But what is a bit frustrating is how poor the qc on USA made rifles. Kind of sad. That being said if you want to be a rifle looney you have to get hands on quite often. I have a hawkeye in 6.5 creed moor that I put into a custom boyds stock. Beautiful stock, nicely made Inletting was ok, but I had to tweet it a bit. Bedded it as well. Nice shooter. I know we are not all do it yourself kind of folks, but it does help at times. Good luck with your problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goodshot
He made some great points. But what is a bit frustrating is how poor the qc on USA made rifles. Kind of sad. That being said if you want to be a rifle looney you have to get hands on quite often. I have a hawkeye in 6.5 creed moor that I put into a custom boyds stock. Beautiful stock, nicely made Inletting was ok, but I had to tweet it a bit. Bedded it as well. Nice shooter. I know we are not all do it yourself kind of folks, but it does help at times. Good luck with your problem.

It brings up the issues involved with buying from a big box store and a local gun shop. In one the gun is no different than a piece of cookware or a bicycle... finding anyone in there that actually knows guns is unlikely. Finding someone in the LGS that can find the issue ahead of time and do what it takes to fix it before the customer walks out the door with it is far more likely...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by driftless

I ain't the one stymied by a floorplate.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Huh?

Guess McMillan slipped up on my order of a stock for my Ruger Hawkeye African- they never asked for my bottom metal, and the fit was perfect- unlike that on the original Ruger wood stock.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bighorn

Huh?

Guess McMillan slipped up on my order of a stock for my Ruger Hawkeye African- they never asked for my bottom metal, and the fit was perfect- unlike that on the original Ruger wood stock.

Not the first time dogcatcher has shown he is a hack...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 3,224 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,710
Posts18,534,854
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.