Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GeoW
Don't hate him but not my first choice.. Probably his New York values and mine aren't compatible.

Don't make me any better than him, just not compatible.

g

I get this. I lived in NYC myself for 12 years and quite understand. OTOH, his personal style does not bother me nearly that much. He is very good at what he does, and while that does not extend to selling steaks or setting up universities, I do not fault that. Businessmen try different things and many such efforts do fail. I could give dozens of examples.

My personal take is that he is far more straightforward and honest than any of the other candidates. I have known lots of people just like him in NYC.

Cruz is troubling to me, in that he comes across as slippery and insincere, even though he claims to have values that I like. I wish I could trust him.

Bernie is consistent, but worthless and a whack job. He would be a total disaster. Hillary is totally untrustworthy and always has been. A congenital liar since college according to a friend who went to Wellesley with her. Also, her record is devoid of real accomplishments other than the crooked ones. I do understand why Dems want her. It has to do with gravy train.

By default, Trump is the only choice and I really think he could do some good.

Evidently many others agree. That Stony Brook professor who has been accurately predicting every recent election now projects that it is 97 to 99% certain that he will be the next President. http://tinyurl.com/glklyqc

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
GB1

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
He's The Donald.

That's not enough?
You're an Obama voting dunce who lost all right to comment on politics

And he agrees with you.

Things that make ya go... hmmmmm

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
RickyD, you seem to lead the pack in this department so why?

I haven't been able to come up with a reason to hate Trump or Cruze yet. What am I missing out on?
First, I don't hate Trump or his supporters.

But I don't care for what he says, how he says it and that he was a lieberal, a user and contributor of and to the government corruption, friend to the Clintons and Soros, that he can't communicate cogent thoughts, that he has no concept of policy, that he caters to what people want to hear even when it's ridiculously stated, that he viciously maligns good people, that he whines like a spoiled child incessantly, that he is incompetent in selecting people who can navigate state delegate laws for him when that is supposed to be what he is so tremendously good at and then blames his opponents, the GOP, the state, or anyone else but himself, which is where the true blame lies nearly every time.

Do you like people like that? It appears you must. Is that what you want for America? It apppears you do. Now you tell me why.

What I do hate is what this process has become and how far it's degenerated to people now talking about people getting hurt and the unsaid intimation is those will be conservative on conservative hurtings. That is insane and I hate insanity borne of stupidity.

How does this happen? Trump is how this happens. Is he truly this caustic and engenders this much angst among people? Obviously he can and does so now the question become why? The equally obvious answer is not because he is applying successful techniques and skills he learned as a business man, because he would have been broke long ago if this is how he conducted himself. Nor is it because he wants to be president, because his antics has totally denigrated him in the eyes of a vast majority of the country and the world.

Then real answer is that he wants to ruin this election and hand the victory to those who would not have won this election without him being the spoiler, and with you and yours are helping him do that. That whole dynamic, I also hate, but not those of you caught up in it. Those caught up by his loutish and foolish behavior I pity because the truth will be plain one day soon and they might not be able to live with themselves. I'm not sure I could.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I hate Trump because his directness when addressing issues makes me feel uncomfortable. I really wish he'd be nice to the guys against whom he is running, and not speak so frankly about our enemies internationally.

I also wish he'd be more inclusionary in his rhetoric; this America first thing implies that he isn't planning to be the globalist nice guy leader we need.

I mean would he think strategically about foreign aid? Those Iranians need a nuclear program just as badly as we do, and we're rich so why not pay for it?

The guy just seems abrasive and self-centered. I want a worldy, polite, side-stepping pansy to be my leader.

He just seems like such a meanie-head.

Mean people suck ya know.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RickyD

How does this happen? Trump is how this happens. Is he truly this caustic and engenders this much angst among people? Obviously he can and does so now the question become why?

Then real answer is that he wants to ruin this election and hand the victory to those who would not have won this election without him being the spoiler, and with you and yours are helping him do that.

If this is all true aren't you saying that your very own caustic rhetoric here has done the same?

You're a hypocrite.

Is it not your fault because Trump did it first?

Deflection doesn't become grown men.

Quit bitching and start acting like the man you think Trump should be. Until then you have nothing whatsoever to say that we don't hear from Liberals all the time... blame blame blame it isn't my fault because he did this to me first.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by efw
I hate Trump because his directness when addressing issues makes me feel uncomfortable. I really wish he'd be nice to the guys against whom he is running, and not speak so frankly about our enemies internationally.

I also wish he'd be more inclusionary in his rhetoric; this America first thing implies that he isn't planning to be the globalist nice guy leader we need.

I mean would he think strategically about foreign aid? Those Iranians need a nuclear program just as badly as we do, and we're rich so why not pay for it?

The guy just seems abrasive and self-centered. I want a worldy, polite, side-stepping pansy to be my leader.

He just seems like such a meanie-head.

Mean people suck ya know.

grin grin

I hate to say this, but I'd wager that irony will pass right by many otherwise admirable people on this list. laugh

He is a breath of fresh air, isn't he?

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trumps just like Obama.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trump is a lying fake conservative NYC liberal.

I'm better when I move.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw

How does this happen? Trump is how this happens. Is he truly this caustic and engenders this much angst among people? Obviously he can and does so now the question become why?

Then real answer is that he wants to ruin this election and hand the victory to those who would not have won this election without him being the spoiler, and with you and yours are helping him do that.

If this is all true aren't you saying that your very own caustic rhetoric here has done the same?

You're a hypocrite.

Is it not your fault because Trump did it first?

Deflection doesn't become grown men.

Quit bitching and start acting like the man you think Trump should be. Until then you have nothing whatsoever to say that we don't hear from Liberals all the time... blame blame blame it isn't my fault because he did this to me first.

You're assertions are ridiculous. All I have done is present the facts of who Trump is, has been and likely still is. That you don't like and can't handle those facts and look to blame me for them is not my hypocrisy or deflection but more likely yours.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Don't hate trump, just don't think he should be POTUS. Much too crude and likely will loose to HRC.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because he's a jackass.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just read all of these comments and the one thing that stood out is that very little was said concerning Trumps ability to get things done. And it is a sure thing that he likes to see his name on the front page right at the top of the list. That's to be expected.

The one sure thing is that most of us get our information from the same source and that non here really know him. And others make up stuff that has no basis at all such as what RickyD posted. Evidently RickyD is one of the people that feels anyone who isn't in full agreement with him has to be 100% against him as I don't recall saying much at all about any of the people running for the office of president. Well, except the democrats. But here is what RickyD dug out of what I said so I am not surprised at the information he shared with us about Trump.

"But I don't care for what he says, how he says it and that he was a lieberal, a user and contributor of and to the government corruption, friend to the Clintons and Soros, that he can't communicate cogent thoughts, that he has no concept of policy, that he caters to what people want to hear even when it's ridiculously stated, that he viciously maligns good people, that he whines like a spoiled child incessantly, that he is incompetent in selecting people who can navigate state delegate laws for him when that is supposed to be what he is so tremendously good at and then blames his opponents, the GOP, the state, or anyone else but himself, which is where the true blame lies nearly every time.

Do you like people like that? It appears you must. Is that what you want for America? It apppears you do. Now you tell me why."

So does anyone think we have a candidate that is anywhere near perfect? No. Never has been and never will be. My desire, as most here agree with is to do my best to keep any democrat out of the office. The best way to do that, I think, is to quit running down the Republicans and try to find positive remarks to make about them.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And others make up stuff that has no basis at all such as what RickyD posted.
I have a hard time you believe that. Everything I mentioned is well known about Trump. Some may be open to interpretation but only if one chooses not to acknowledge easy truths.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't, he ain't the right guy for the job. His tax plan rate is too high. I think he might be in over his head. Cruz is more suited for the job.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Trump is a lying fake conservative NYC liberal.
There is that!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ricky D has never been able to identify religious hypocrites.

Hence, his fascination with Cruz.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So for the past 30 years conservatives have consistently been saying that character matters. When all the massive flaws are pointed out in the character of Trump, suddenly character doesn't matter; only results.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If character mattered, nobody would qualify.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
And others make up stuff that has no basis at all such as what RickyD posted.
I have a hard time you believe that. Everything I mentioned is well known about Trump. Some may be open to interpretation but only if one chooses not to acknowledge easy truths.

Just like your interpretation of my comments?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by GunGeek
So for the past 30 years conservatives have consistently been saying that character matters. When all the massive flaws are pointed out in the character of Trump, suddenly character doesn't matter; only results.

And I suppose Cruz's character is vastly superior to Trump's?

What caused you to conclude that,...was it the endorsement by that televangelist that flies around in his private jet paid for with money he had suckered out of little old ladies trying to get to heaven?,...or was it because Glenn Beck said that Cruz was the fulfillment of some bizarre Mormon prophecy?,...or maybe that staged photo op where he was on his knees praying in front of the White House?

Cruz is a snake.

Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,822
Posts18,516,744
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.