Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Calhoun, we understand what he means. Everyone without a pro-establishment agenda does, too.

You really believe he's going to deport everybody, don't you? Despite this being the ONE position he hasn't flipflopped on. Even though the mainstream media has everybody convinced he's going to deport everybody and he could easily just tell the truth, you think he's lying so that the mainstream media will lie and tell his true position?

OMFG... the self-delusionment is frigging amazing.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When interviewed by RealClearPolitics reporter, RNC member Randy Evans essentially walked back his earlier comments.

The 1,237 requirement is NOT flexible. First vote gets you 1,236 votes? On to vote #2.

Just got off phone w/ RNC Randy Evans: the 1237 number is NOT flexible, only that if Trump is close, can wrangle enough unbound delegates

— Caitlin Huey-Burns (@CHueyBurnsRCP) April 13, 2016

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's good news for Trump. Having the Rules Committee Chairman of the RNC in your pocket can't be bad for business.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The RNC guys is just stating that being at 1100 is too strong of a position for a competitor to negociate his way to the lead.

If Trump is 1100, and needs 137, but cruz would be at 969 and would need 268. In the opinion of the RNC it would be muchh easier for Trump to get his 137 than Cruz to gather 268 going into the first ballot.

The unbound delegates will go with the leader in that scenario, basically.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by davet
The RNC guys is just stating that being at 1100 is too strong of a position for a competitor to negociate his way to the lead.

If Trump is 1100, and needs 137, but cruz would be at 969 and would need 268. In the opinion of the RNC it would be muchh easier for Trump to get his 137 than Cruz to gather 268 going into the first ballot.

I agree. But with Cruz getting delegates seated in Trump voting slots in Virginia, Arkansas, Indiana and others - we may have a first time where the drop in delegates after the first vote outweighs the gain. All by the rules..

But it's still very possible that Trump will get the nomination by walking in with 1,237.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It would be too much to bear for a low level politician to be "one of the chosen few" to move over to the Trump team for the win. Dangling the presidential win over a few of those delegates and they will slide into place.

Cruz will have to have a plan for the 3-4th vote when xyz supporter becomes unbound, etc.

It's just a much easier path once someone is that far ahead.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Keep assuming, it will take you where you deserve to be.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It would be too much to bear for a low level politician to be "one of the chosen few" to move over to the Trump team for the win. Dangling the presidential win over a few of those delegates and they will slide into place.

Cruz will have to have a plan for the 3-4th vote when xyz supporter becomes unbound, etc.

Give me a freakin' break.

Talkin' like the big Delegate Wrangler.

You have exactly no experience in any of this you jacka**.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Not that many votes needed for a plan to take effect. According to this article, 60% of the delegates become unbound as of the 2nd vote. 1800 delegates in total...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4-00bc-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html
But if Trump falls short, the convention will cast a second ballot in which more than 1,800 delegates from 31 states — nearly 60 percent of the total — will be unbound and allowed to vote however they want.

And Cruz's campaign will know the names of each of those 1,800.

Last edited by Calhoun; 04/13/16.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by kroo88

I'm just making clear what the RNC rules guy said. It's the RNC's message.

I am a bit of a jacka** though, so you've got me there.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Not that many votes needed for a plan to take effect. According to this article, 60% of the delegates become unbound as of the 2nd vote. 1800 delegates in total...

And Cruz's campaign will know the names of each of those 1,800. [/quote]

Again, I'm just the messenger re-stating the RNC opinion on the rules and the way the game is played.

I think you're supposed to call me a jacka** now. That is apparently how these things work.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

They will do where they chose to go. It's that freedom thing. You wouldn't understand.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

I'm grateful that we have your expertise to rely on for such clarity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Rory,,,,,,,,,,you just probably single handedly alienated every person here with any degree of faith with that "4 letters". I am surprised YOU went THAT low.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Rory,,,,,,,,,,you just probably single handedly alienated every person here with any degree of faith with that "4 letters". I am surprised YOU went THAT low.

He's basically lost his mind and his bearings over this election and his derangement over Trump/Cruz. He's not the only one, but it is rather striking.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

He's just one committee member and probably has never been on a major TV show, if anything MSNBC can be thought of as major, and misspoke. Like I said earlier, he was talking out his butt which is where his head was, so understandable. It was not the RNC's message, it was one guys gaff, which he's walked back, likely at the insistence of the RNC.

But I think you know all this stuff, so see, I'm giving you credit for some critical thinking, so please quit disappointing me. OK?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
DickyR is a close second along the backstretch.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

He's basically lost his mind and his bearings over this election and his derangement over Trump/Cruz. He's not the only one, but it is rather striking.
No. He was right.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I'm grateful that we have your expertise to rely on for such clarity.

Well it doesn't seem like you guys are getting it on your own, and sometimes a new perspective does help.

Signed, the jacka**

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
I think it goes to Trump being able to far more easily make up the delegate deficit than for Cruz to make-up the 600 or more he will likely need.

God! I hope so!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1100mag, 160user, 02bfishn, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 15,684 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,209
Posts18,543,682
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.