Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Think about what that represents... Ted Cruz stood on the floor of the Senate and called this man a LIAR, publicly and it went world wide.

And this man will still vote for Cruz rather than Trump.

Think harder what that reveals.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You should have stopped at think.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by davet
After another 16 states, Trumps lead is likely to out pace their number combined. We can count up the votes on April 27 if you like.

The other thing about the rules is, it's a man vs man race at this point. Adding another candidates total to your own doesn't help Cruz any more than it helps Trump. Add Rubio's votes to Trump and where does that leave Cruz? Alongside Peter Pan in Neverland where rules are made up to suit the imagination, and voters show up in support after being screwed.

Starting on the 2nd and 3rd ballots, adding another candidate's total to your own CAN win it and often has in history.

All Trump has to do is walk in with 1,237 and this doesn't matter.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
After another 16 states, Trumps lead is likely to out pace their number combined. We can count up the votes on April 27 if you like.

The other thing about the rules is, it's a man vs man race at this point. Adding another candidates total to your own doesn't help Cruz any more than it helps Trump. Add Rubio's votes to Trump and where does that leave Cruz? Alongside Peter Pan in Neverland where rules are made up to suit the imagination, and voters show up in support after being screwed.

Starting on the 2nd and 3rd ballots, adding another candidate's total to your own CAN win it and often has in history.

All Trump has to do is walk in with 1,237 and this doesn't matter.

Feel free to correct me, but isn't Trump basically the only candidate able to attain the 1237? And most likely after today WILL be the only candidate mathematically able?
So where does this leave Cruz? Seems 'hope & prayer' took a bus outta town.
But you just go on believing that all of those that don't like Cruz currently will have an Epiphany at the convention.

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cruz's plan is to walk in with 870 and start screwing over the republican constituents.

It's going to be very obvious to everyone in the country what his plan is after he's mathematically eliminated around 11pm eastern time tonight.

Raeford beat me to the point.

Last edited by davet; 04/19/16.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Cruz's plan is to walk in with 870 and start screwing over the republican constituents.

It's going to be very obvious to everyone in the country what his plan is after he's mathematically eliminated around 11pm eastern time tonight.

I'm sure he'll take the high road, much like he suggested Kasich should do. wink

FJB & FJT
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Cruz's plan is to talk in with as many as possible, and allow the delegates to vote. He'll follow all of the rules that are plainly laid out for all of the candidates to help his chances, but ultimiately it's up to the candidates.

He's pretty sure that if there aren't 1150 or more delegates that are BOUND to vote for Trump, that Trump won't be able to convince enough delegates to vote for somebody that unlikeable and rude and disgusting and incompetent.

Nobody wins with 40% of the vote. Participation medals don't count.

All he has to do is walk in with 1,237. Or get 1,237 to vote for him after the 1st ballot (excuse me, burst out laughing when I typed that one). That is the rules, always has been the rules, and the rules don't change for 2 year olds who throw temper tantrums.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cruz's plan is to talk in with as many as possible, and allow the delegates to vote. He'll follow all of the rules that are plainly laid out for all of the candidates to help his chances, but ultimiately it's up to the candidates.

All he has to do is walk in with 1,237. Or get 1,237 to vote for him after the 1st ballot...

And how do you see that playing out with the voters? How do you see that working out for Cruz in the general election?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The political oligarchy can't tolerate the GOP any longer.

This is 3 consecutive elections where it's had to beat back a non establishment candidate coming out of the GOP. This time the non establishment candidate has made an enormous stir and has been at the top of the polls since almost the beginning of the primary.

It happened before with Goldwater, but there was no internet to tell the people about it,..so they were able to smooth it over when they destroyed his candidacy.

There's no smoothing it over this time so they're just going to kill the GOP.

Cruz is nothing but the tool they're using.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

All he has to do is walk in with 1,237. Or get 1,237 to vote for him after the 1st ballot...

And how do you see that playing out with the voters? How do you see that working out for Cruz in the general election?

I think 50%+ of the voters will be thrilled, as opposed to 40% of the voters being thrilled if Donald gets it.

And I see it playing out better in November than if Trump gets the nomination. Right now Trump has made the campaign such a toxic mess with his talk and lies that I doubt anybody can win, but I'm sure Trump can't. You feel different, and we already know that the Trump followers here won't vote in November for anybody but Trump.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I think 50%+ of the voters will be thrilled, as opposed to 40% of the voters being thrilled if Donald gets it.
In light of who's winning in votes, states, and delegates, don't you mean the reverse of what you said, there?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

And I see it playing out better in November than if Trump gets the nomination. Right now Trump has made the campaign such a toxic mess with his talk and lies that I doubt anybody can win, but I'm sure Trump can't. You feel different, and we already know that the Trump followers here won't vote in November for anybody but Trump.

Wrong-not only on your numbers.
Do you pick the numbers of the other candidates to add to Cruz' numbers willy-nilly or do you go state-by-state? Say Ohio you add Kasich, in Virginia add Rubio? etc
Either way saying 50% if Cruz should get it is pretty comical.

FJB & FJT
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Wrong-not only on your numbers.
Do you pick the numbers of the other candidates to add to Cruz' numbers willy-nilly or do you go state-by-state? Say Ohio you add Kasich, in Virginia add Rubio? etc
Either way saying 50% if Cruz should get it is pretty comical.

Those who aren't FOR Trump, hate Trump.

Those who aren't FOR Cruz and aren't Ron Paul supporters for Trump, could settle for Cruz.

That's my opinion and what I've been seeing all along in the actions of people and organizations and even the establishment Republicans surprised me. Trump can't put together even a marginally competent campaign staff, people know what a disaster he'd be in the White House.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

63% of the electorate think whoever leads in the delegate count going into the convention should win the nomination.

Leaving 37% to vote for Cruz I guess.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Bummer, looks like Trump was outsmarted by that dastardly Cruz in Missouri as well. So, just like Virginia, some of the delegates bound to vote for Trump on the first ballot will likely swing over to Cruz if Trump doesn't walk in with 1,237.

Final selection of delegates isn't until May 23rd in Missouri, but the Trump supporters are already realizing they failed to get their people in place.

I think this makes... 14 states that Cruz has out-dealed the master dealer maker.

Mean Ted.

http://themissouritimes.com/28686/delegate-selection-leads-to-schism-in-missouri-gop/

But some Republicans, namely supporters of real estate mogul Donald Trump, are raising their eyebrows at the process and raising their voices to oppose what they see as unfair practices.

Among them is Ellisville Mayor Adam Paul, who attended the Wild Horse township caucus in St. Louis County. At that caucus, Paul said that former Missouri House Speaker Tim Jones also attended, despite the fact that he lives in the Meramac township on Wild Horse’s southern border. Paul said Jones brought a slate of candidates that supported second place Republican presidential candidate Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, and eventually, Jones’ slate of candidates won.

While Paul recognized that Jones and his supporters followed the rules and procedures, the decision made at the caucus troubles Paul.

“Those things don’t pass the smell test,” he said. “We had a slate that we presented which was more a reflection of the will of the people, and their slate was filled with Cruz supporters.”

Those Cruz supporters could come into play at the national convention that eventually chooses the final nominee. Each state picks their delegates in their own way, as determined by the state party. In Missouri, a presidential preference primary is held. Trump edged out Cruz by fewer than 2,000 votes March 15, but he won in certain places to give him a favorable allotment of delegates. As the Missouri GOP site explains, Trump will receive 12 of Missouri’s 52 pledged delegates for winning the state and another 25 for winning five of Missouri’s eight congressional districts (five delegates per district). Cruz will get the other 15 pledged delegates for winning the other three congressional districts.

Those delegates are selected in two places: at the state convention and at congressional district (CD) conventions. The county and township caucuses select slates of delegate candidates to attend both the state convention and the CD conventions. Each CD convention will select three delegates for a total of 24 delegates, then at the state convention, 25 delegates will be selected.

The other three delegates are automatic delegates. Missouri COP Chairman John Hancock, National Committeewoman to the Republican National Committee (RNC) representing Missouri Susie Eckelkamp, and Missouri’s delegate to the RNC’s Rules Committee Lance Beshore are those three delegates.

So what does all of this have to do with Cruz supporters potentially stuffing county and township caucuses? The race between Cruz and Trump is relatively close at this point in the race, and national media as well as Republican party officials have mused on the possibility of a contested convention. At a contested convention, delegates must vote how they are pledged by their state’s in an initial round of voting, but afterwards, they may vote essentially as they please if no candidate gets more than 50 percent of the vote.

If Trump does not hit the 1,237 delegate mark, who the delegates support rather than who states voted for could matter a great deal. Trump supporters like Paul are taking notice.

“This is shedding a negative light on the process of the delegates to a larger group of people, and they’re realizing ‘What’s the point of going to a primary and voting in Missouri when your delegates aren’t going to be appropriately’,” he said.

I'm sure Trump supporters in Missouri will... well... issue death threats, that's a given. Though most of those will come from out of state by the same nut jobs doing it to Colorado and Indiana and others.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
NBC reporting that Ted Cruz will likely get 50% of delegates in Pennsylvania even if he comes in dead last.

Mean Ted.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_even_if_he_comes_in_distant_third.html
NBC's Hallie Jackson reports Cruz has changed his focus to Pennsylvania and making a play for the state's unbound delegates. Jackson, the network's Cruz correspondent, said even if Cruz has a third place finish in Pennsylvania's Republican primary, he'll win more than half the delegates.

"It's very telling that's Ted Cruz tonight is not in Brooklyn or Manhattan or any of the boroughs or state. He's in Pennsylvania," reported Jackson.

"He'll be in Philly for his watch party tonight," Jackson said. "That's indicative of where he and his campaign see this race going, to Pennsylvania, where they are looking to make a play for these unbound delegates. Even if they come in a distant third, a top campaign aide tells me, they will still, they believe, pick up more than half the delegates there."

"They're looking at more than 30," Jackson said.

Pennsylvania allots 71 delegates in the Republican primary; 54 of which are unbound.

I think this makes it... 15 states for Cruz outsmarting Trump?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well, if the PEOPLE don't want you I guess this is the only route to take.
Politics=Sleaze
Ever feel like you need a bath after reading about your man?

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cruz can get as many weasels as he can elected to be delegates. It's the surest method there is to burn the party down. I don't want that in the least, but that's what Cruz is working towards.

Tell me why the voters should support a party that doesn't back its own voters?

Not what the rules are for the 4th round of voting for a contested convention...but why would the voters support a party that would allow the electorates voice to be buried?

Because that is the situation that the RNC is staring in the face right now.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
As this point it's overly evident that Cruz's intent isn't to win the Presidency. He knows he can't chit all over the process like this and be supported by Republican voters in November.

He's so butthurt over being called out on national TV for being a liar by Trump that his entire purpose is to do anything he can to deny Trump the nomination even if it means putting a Democrat in the White House for 8 more years.

The establishment would also rather see Hillary win than Trump, so it's flagrantly obvious that Cruz is being tutored on how to conduct his delegate strategy by the RNC.

It will become more obvious once it is mathematically impossible for Cruz to win the nomination, yet he stays in the race anyway.

The people who support it are enemies of the people.

This is how it begins.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I think this makes it... 15 states for Cruz outsmarting Trump?
---------

Taunting your dumb ass is much fun.

You go ahead and pray for late convention rounds, meathead. Can't figure out the bigger tooled fools here, the GOPe or the Cruz clan. A remarkable amount of stupid between the lot.

In the meanwhile, you Cruztards prepare yourselves for a much needed reality check.

While your guy is out, the front runner and only candidate with a chance has primaries to focus upon.

In less than 8 hours, Trump will have knocked 16 folks out of the GOP race.

Very impressive.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 28 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.