Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
JeffO's sun shade must be made of lead...

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Here in Oregon, the sun tends to come in at dis-advantageous angles, more so than other states.

*sigh*

You guys are killin' me. Did you even read the whole post?

Like fish in a barrel y'are. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

No. The lead was in the paint of his parents house. Of course he ate the chips. A lot of them.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

No. The lead was in the paint of his parents house. Of course he ate the chips. A lot of them.

Why the [bleep] does the idiot JO's opinion on anything draw a look, let alone response?

Yeah, a predictable train wreck on hint, request, or command...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Got the real Nightforce for my Kimber 8400 MT today, a 3-10x42 SHV. A nice fit for the rifle IMHO. I was concerned that as compact as it is, with my deviant mounting needs, the eye relief might not be long enough; however, in 30mm Talley LW Extensions it's perfect.

I also thought the extra weight might "Dolly Partonize" the rifle but it still carries nice. Note, an 8400 is a heavier rifle than an 84M. I can't say how or if this 20-ounces of scope goodness would affect the "sprite" of an 84M.

I'll be shooting some tracking tests with it tomorrow. If it beats the Leupold, Swarovski, and Zeiss scopes that I've used on the rifle (and it better, grin) I'll be a happy camper. The extra weight is a non-issue if it delivers mechanically.

It's optically brilliant in full sunlight, similar to a Conquest in clarity and color balance I'd preliminarily say. Curious to see how it does at dusk.

The MOAR reticle is no heavy duplex, that's for sure. It's a little thin. If I was made of money I'd go NXS 2.5-10x42 just for the illumination, which would address any potential reticle visibility issues; however, at ~$900 more than this scope cost ($873 shipped) there's just no way. I've bought two NF scopes in the last month. I'm scope-poor +P. smile

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice Jeff.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like it would be a tight fit on a LA

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Brad.

Mr. Deep, I would concur with that; at least for myself, I don't know that I could make it work on a long action, without a Pic rail.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Thanks Brad.

Mr. Deep, I would concur with that; at least for myself, I don't know that I could make it work on a long action, without a Pic rail.

Darn it. I'd like to put one on a Forbes 24B

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rails are excellent mounting systems, just heavy (as you probably know)... and are a bit tacticool for my taste.

Keep in mind, looking at it there in the pic, that I mount my scopes further back than 90% of folks; I've given up wondering why, it's just how it is. So even though a LA rifle would move it forward considerably, it *might* still be just fine for many/most people. I don't know. It's got nice long eye relief and it's quite constant throughout the range.

Excited to put it through some paces tomorrow morning. The NXS has been a revelation. It's on a very accurate rifle, and you make an adjustment, and bam, the POI moves just exactly where it's supposed to. I think I ironed out in the realm of 1/2 - 3/4 MOA of uncertainty in my dialing just with the scope change... that is quite tangible.

On a light rifle like this, there's more variation coming from the nut behind the butt, so I don't know if it will be as obvious, but I'm hoping so. The Leup I had on it is a "good" tracking scope, as was the Conquest. The Swarovski repeated and held zero nicely but the reticle didn't track plumb with the erector travel. It drifted off over 1 MOA to the right in the first 12 MOA of erector travel. Not cool. So, I'm really hoping that I've eliminated a variable. I'm hoping for a "great" tracking scope.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I decided to go with a Leupold VX3i 2.5 to 8. Got a good deal a new one. And, since I don't have a fence post, this will have to do.
[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,602
Posts18,473,605
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.