Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Just read this, and it just reaffirms my belief that many otherwise intelligent people simply have no common sense. If you're a veterinarian, just what would possess you to post a picture of the tomcat, that you just arrowed, on Facebook, and brag about it???

Texas Vet Fights To Keep License

A woman from Brenham who posted on Facebook about killing a cat with an arrow is fighting this week to keep her veterinary license.

Kristen Lindsey is taking part in an administrative hearing before the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners that is expected to last three days, KAGS-TV reports.

Lindsey sparked outrage in April 2015 when she posted a picture on Facebook in which she was holding an orange-and-white tomcat that had been shot in the head with an arrow.

“My first bow kill LOL,” the post said. “The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through its head! Vet of the year award … gladly accepted.”

Lindsey was later fired from the veterinary clinic she worked at.

A veterinary board committee recommended that her license be revoked, but she has been able to continue practicing as a vet while appealing her suspension.

Lindsey and the board attempted to reach a settlement in mediation last month, but their failure to do so resulted in this week’s hearing.

The board called witnesses Monday who said that the cat was their pet, Tiger, and not a stray, KAGS-TV reported.

An attorney for Lindsey argued that it was a different cat.

An Austin County grand jury declined to indict Lindsey on animal-cruelty charges in June.

Obviously you're relatively new here. Posters have posted lots of pics over the years of offed kitties utilizing various methodology.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tag

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing feral cats and there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting pictures of your dead feral cat either.

This is just another example of PC gone insane.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like how the neighbors tried to sue her for shanking their pet.

"Mom, have you seen fluffy?"

"I think he's speared to that tree over there...."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't hate cats, but I have to grudgingly admit that's pretty funny.

"The Comanches got Fluffy,".

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't understand Facebook at all....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
SSS is the best practice. Shoot, shovel and shut up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

The problem most people have is the last S...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Just read this, and it just reaffirms my belief that many otherwise intelligent people simply have no common sense. If you're a veterinarian, just what would possess you to post a picture of the tomcat, that you just arrowed, on Facebook, and brag about it???

A woman from Brenham who posted on Facebook about killing a cat with an arrow is fighting this week to keep her veterinary license.

Kristen Lindsey is taking part in an administrative hearing before the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners that is expected to last three days, KAGS-TV reports.

Lindsey sparked outrage in April 2015 when she posted a picture on Facebook in which she was holding an orange-and-white tomcat that had been shot in the head with an arrow.

“My first bow kill LOL,” the post said. “The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through its head! Vet of the year award … gladly accepted.”

A veterinary board committee recommended that her license be revoked, but she has been able to continue practicing as a vet while appealing her suspension.

Lindsey and the board attempted to reach a settlement in mediation last month, but their failure to do so resulted in this week’s hearing.

The board called witnesses Monday who said that the cat was their pet, Tiger, and not a stray, KAGS-TV reported.

An Austin County grand jury declined to indict Lindsey on animal-cruelty charges in June.

Obviously you're relatively new here. Posters have posted lots of pics over the years of offed kitties utilizing various methodology.

No, I've been around here a while, and have seen it. But, they were posted to a somewhat like minded audience, not posted, and bragged about, on bleeding heart Facebook.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

No, I've been around here a while, and have seen it. But, they were posted to a somewhat like minded audience, not posted, and bragged about, on bleeding heart Facebook.

Post it where ever you want. Thanks for letting the anti's win.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was a kid there were books on shooting at our Burien Satellite Library of the King County Library system.

In one of those books, it explained how a boy was to do "plinking" with a 22. One of the targets was a feral cat.

They probably got rid of that book before they got the unisex bathrooms.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The backlash was predictable. Dumb idea. Cute vet! smirk

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Im having a deja vu moment

Wasnt this story posted about a year ago?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
the OP link was the Dallas News dated yesterday so I think it's new.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

The problem most people have is the last S...

Amen !

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
Cute vet! smirk

This prompted me to go click the link in the OP.

"Cute" is an understatement! She looks like she slippped and fell into a giant puddle of Yummy!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
the OP link was the Dallas News dated yesterday so I think it's new.
ok the date is for the story of the verdict recently decided.

The kill posting was april last year.

I knew my memory was scratching at something. I usually don't read postings more than 3 sentences. I just can't take my eyes off the hummingbird feeder that long.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Too funny... Feral cat killin' stories usually make me happy, this one is no exception.

The comments on that link are truly terrifying though. Yikes.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
I just can't take my eyes off the hummingbird feeder that long.

Garden guns work great on hummingbirds.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtcurman

The comments on that link are truly terrifying though. Yikes.

yeah they are.

makes me want to go out an lance a tabby, and post it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 160user, 1_deuce, 16penny, 47 invisible), 2,871 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.