Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
If you spend much time in the woods/deerstand its not healthful to alienate other hunters. Always wonder about those hunting accidents from stray bullets.

Best to have someone drop you off in this area if you are trespassing/poaching as unattended vehicles seem to catch on fire.

Risky business trespassing/poaching as well hidden trail cameras identify the problem as well as game. GW

I had a situation a few years ago. I hunt on a farm and only 3 guys have permission. We each stay in our designated areas. Early in the season, I was talking to one of the other guys that hunt there and he told me that there were a couple of Hispanic guys poaching around there with guns during bow season. Evidently they were friends of Roberto who was the farm hand at the time.

During Early Muzzle Loader season, we had a period of Does only. This monster 10 point comes out and I almost squeezed on him, but my ethics got in the way and I let him walk figuring there's a lot more time to catch up with him legally. That's not to say one of the other guys wouldn't shoot it first, or someone on adjoining land might get him, but fair is fair. I spend more time there than anyone else, so my odds are greater.

A few weeks later it was bow season again and as I headed out for an afternoon hunt and getting close to one of my ladder stands and I see this guy sitting in a tree near it and he's got a gun. So I talked to him and was friendly and asked him if he had any luck. He said yes, and that he had killed the biggest 10 pt. he'd ever seen in his life. The SOB shot my deer.....illegally. POACHER!! So I asked him if he had permission. He answered "yes, from Roberto". I said that Roberto doesn't own this farm. I didn't say anything about the fact he was carrying a gun during bow season. I didn't want to start any schit, after all, he had the gun and I had a bow. I told him that this is my regular area on this farm and I'd appreciate it if he wouldn't hunt here, but for now, I'd go to another one of my stands. He said thanks and in the future he'd stay away from me.

I got to my stand and I thought my head was going to explode. I came real close to calling the Game Warden, but the I thought about the fact that he knows where I am.

The next day I called the landowner and told her what the deal was and she told me she needed to have a talk with Roberto. I never saw that guy again.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 04/29/16.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

B
BKinSD Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I obtained a copy of the transcript of the hearing.
Looks like Earley brought in a picture of the deer

Earley: "so fast forward to the second encounter, which was another mile away, on the same section of land, Your Honor. We were both--this is the deer or whatever. This deer was in front of my tree stand on Moriarty's ground. Karl Sterud owns the ground behind that. And Grommersches own the ground behind it on the other side of the section.

Later on, The Court: "Nobody is polite over a deer like that."

And finally the part that makes me laugh. The Court after granting the protection order: "Okay I hope one of you gets him this fall. You (Earley) are going to have to do it with a bow."

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Depends on the stakes really.

You mean steaks!

This kinda schit is so gay. If you need a book to tell you what a "record" or "trophy" is or isn't, you're pretty much a [bleep]. And if your goal in life is to put your name amongst other [bleep], have the phuqq at it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Early's looks like an unsavory character.

Where did he kill the deer? On property where he had permission? Might have missed it but I didn't see it mentioned.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Take the high road.
Might cost you in the short term.
Never the long.

Don't expect a reward for it either........but don't be surprised if something good should happen in timely fashion.

Karma.

IC B2

B
BKinSD Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
The deer was killed about a month after the case was heard in circuit court.
So we don't know exactly where the deer was taken and whether he had permission to be there at that time.

Last edited by BKinSD; 04/29/16.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jealousy and deer hunting go hand-in-hand.

After the grief caused by Earley, if I were Ericsson, this Earley feller would have happened into a string of mysterious bad luck and misfortune. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by SKane

After the grief caused by Earley, if I were Ericsson, this Earley feller would have happened into a string of mysterious bad luck and misfortune. wink

Yes that's called applied Karma in my area. GW eek smile

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Originally Posted by SKane

Yes that's called applied Karma in my area. GW eek smile

LOL. I freaking love it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BKinSD
The deer was killed about a month after the case was heard in circuit court.
So we don't know exactly where the deer was taken and whether he had permission to be there at that time.

Thanks.

Early sounds/looks like a rural thug. People that let horns get under their skin like that need a life.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
looks to me like a proteined to death whitetail any way. those white antlers sure look like a farm raised deer to me.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.