Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My boss is a diehard Missouri fan, with an engineering degree from there. Travels there from several states away to go to games each year. He is disgusted and said no more money going there in the way of ticket purchases or alumni donations for him.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The libs in charge at Mizzou have clearly drunk the kool-aid, big time.

They will fail to see the cause-effect relationship between their batschit-crazy actions and the decline in enrollment, alumni contributions, etc., and will blame the school's financial crisis on "racist white folks". There is no reasoning with these communist idiots.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This:

Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, hits the nail on the head:

So they really haven’t learned their lesson yet.

There is only one way they will ever learn. Mizzou depends on the GOP-dominated state legislature for its funding. The legislature has the power to defund entire departments, and tenure does not protect professors whose departments are closed. Academia has been out of control for generations now, alienated from the society that sustains it, insisting on its privileges and entitlements. Nothing would do more to “encourage the others” (in Napoleon’s famous words) than defunding entire departments.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd be really pi$$3d that a school like that got one cent of my tax dollars. Everyone in Missouri should call their reps, repeatedly.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Does the University of Missouri have a death wish?"

I hope so. If we stop co-signing student loans we can sit back and watch a bunch of them die. The good ones will live.

Last edited by 5thShock; 05/03/16.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Liberalism always self destructs if given enough rein. Sometimes I wonder why we don't let them get what they want more often.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Why they were ever allowed into the SEC, I'll never know.

For basketball to give Kentucky someone to deal with. Problem is Mizzou has stunk at basketball for more than 5 years.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Cheesy
My boss is a diehard Missouri fan, with an engineering degree from there. Travels there from several states away to go to games each year. He is disgusted and said no more money going there in the way of ticket purchases or alumni donations for him.

I hope the KSU wildcats are not headed down this path.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
All of academia needs to be 'purged'!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
All of academia needs to be 'purged'!!

This!

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Grand daughter who came from a Republican family attended and received her teaching certificate from MU. Went in as a strong conservative and came out a very weak one. Picked up a Liberal boyfriend in the deal.

I told her prior to entry in MU that her leanings would take a left turn due to the Liberal contaminated teacher factor. St Louis, Kansas City & Columbia (MU)largest Liberal strongholds in the state.

Degree from their hasn't been viewed very highly for several years. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
...Almost all state-run colleges are full of liberal professors and administrators. Oklahoma is not far behind Mizzou in this.

Oklahoma State is an exception to this trend.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Mizzou has a tremendous problem with perception. Because the liberal mainstream media love anything to do with an allegation of racism, they blow things far out of proportion. The fact is that a SMALL contingent of very vocal liberal faculty and students make a disproportionate amount of noise, and the press is all over it. In actuality, the student body at Mizzou is far more conservative than at most schools, certainly more than any of the Big Ten schools, including the one I attended..

My daughter will receive her Masters from Mizzou in a few weeks, and I've spent a great deal of the at that University over the last five years. The vast majority of the student body is as disgusted as the rest of us at the antics of a few liberal blowhards. Surprisingly, many (obviously, not all) of the faculty are similarly disgusted by what is going on.

Mizzou's freshman enrollment is down by 6% for next year, not 25%, and part of the reason the two dorms closed is because a new one opened.

Rather than excoriating an outstanding school and most of those who attend there, look at what is really going on, and support the overwhelming number of normal folks who are there against the small minority of vocal whiners.

By the way, my daughter, who went in as a moderate conservative, is coming out as a strong conservative. Her boyfriend, who is from Chicago, also leans conservative. There is hope!

Last edited by Daveman; 05/03/16. Reason: Added language
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The seeds of this "perfect storm" of a train wreck weren't planted yesterday...

Strong leadership must be lacking at Mizzou.

Just looking at it from the outside...

DF

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (204guy, 2500HD, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 33 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.