Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Like every other campfire thread, 10-20% knowledgeable posts & 80-90% bs, conjecture, assumptions and conspiracy theories...

Let's just say I know a little about diesel & gasoline prices, trading, refinery operations, gasoline blending, etc. Oil companies have NO control over product pricing, make more money on gasoline than diesel, ...

Oh, by the way, gasoline sulfur specs drop to be inline with diesel in 2017. Guess what's gonna happen to gasoline pricing then?!?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup...you should see all the construction going on now. (Well...you probably do. smile )

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TXRam
Like every other campfire thread, 10-20% knowledgeable posts & 80-90% bs, conjecture, assumptions and conspiracy theories...

Let's just say I know a little about diesel & gasoline prices, trading, refinery operations, gasoline blending, etc. Oil companies have NO control over product pricing, make more money on gasoline than diesel, ...

Oh, by the way, gasoline sulfur specs drop to be inline with diesel in 2017. Guess what's gonna happen to gasoline pricing then?!?

Absolutely. Ignorance abounds here on 24HCF, especially on this subject.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Maybe ignorant,but it doesn't take a genius to figure out when one argument from the oil companies and economist is given one year why prices rise and then the next time that argument is thrown out for one completely opposite that someone is sure as hell controlling prices. Price of crude goes down,so you stop pumping,reduce the amount in storage and drive the price up.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can have empathy for those that own a fuel station.. working at one a family member owned for a couple of summers back in my college days, I saw how the company who owned the station ( Texaco) kept playing with the dealer constantly...

according to some of you boys who work in the field or the industry, we don't know squat....

okay, lets accept that as a point...

but each one of us are consumers, and fuel isn't the only product we buy in our lives...

yet you've got a hard argument to convince each one of us, that paying twice as much for a product is better for us all, and the entire country as a whole..., than paying something much less...

Seems like its good for the people selling, but not so much for those buying the product...

I lost all respect for the oil companies way back in 1974, when the east coast was lined up with tankers off of our shores for months, unable to unload product, due to refinery tanks being full...

yet the oil companies were telling us all there was a fuel shortage, and I guess expecting that the entire public was stupid enough to believe them.. while knowing that those tankers sat at anchor off of our coasts...

so the government demands cars get better mileage, which the industry responds, and then oil companies are complaining that they aren't selling enough, so they decrease production and want more money for it...

Supply and demand is a term that is highly manipulated by people in the stock market called speculators that try and artificially set, and prop up prices... or are we suppose to be stupid on that also....

While we are supposedly "dumb" and "know nothing".. I guess we are not stupid enough for some of you experts, because we just can't still see how paying twice as much is better for us and our nation....

Why don't the next time you 'experts' go buy a new $50K or $60K pickup.... I'm sure you're already paying full sticker aren't ya whistle.... but why don't you pay the dealer or manufacturer a $100K or $120 K for the vehicle... I mean after all, the more you pay ( according to the logic you're trying to sell us) is "good for the rest of the country" and good for we consumers personally....

Then you can feel good about it, the way you expect the rest of us to 'feel good about it'....for shelling out much higher prices for fuel...

you boys need more competition, with all of these big oil companies merged... they need to be broken back down into a whole bunch of smaller companies....

IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amen John !

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Why don't the next time you 'experts' go buy a new $50K or $60K pickup.... I'm sure you're already paying full sticker aren't ya whistle.... but why don't you pay the dealer or manufacturer a $100K or $120 K for the vehicle... I mean after all, the more you pay ( according to the logic you're trying to sell us) is "good for the rest of the country" and good for we consumers personally....

If there were two brands of pickups...

Pickup 1) Made in America by American workers and costs $100k

Pickup 2) Made in the Middle East by Sand Naggers and cost $50k

I would buy and feel very good about Pickup 1.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Maybe ignorant,but it doesn't take a genius to figure out when one argument from the oil companies and economist is given one year why prices rise and then the next time that argument is thrown out for one completely opposite that someone is sure as hell controlling prices. Price of crude goes down,so you stop pumping,reduce the amount in storage and drive the price up.

Crude Inventories have gone up every week for the past several months and are at an all time high. They just came out today and they're up again by another 2M/bbls. So the supply has been going up, and crude has been going up. How do you explain that?

I'll answer it for you since you obviously don't know......it's called Wall St.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Seafire, I certainly understand the frustration people have with volatile fuel prices. Notice I used the term "ignorant", not stupid. I think you are far from stupid, but you cannot compare a traded commodity with an item like a vehicle.

Let me ask you a couple of questions if I may:

1. What should the price of crude be today and why?
2. What should the price of unleaded gasoline be today and why?
3. If you were producing a product at a loss, would you keep producing that product?

Make no mistake....I am no friend of Big Oil, not by a long shot. You can blame Uncle Sam for letting the oil companies merge back together, the same Uncle Sam that made them split up decades ago. You can also blame speculators last week for rising fuel prices. They were optimistic about the possibility of OPEC agreeing to freeze production at their meetings. Well, it didn't happen, and prices have started falling again over the last couple of days.

Also, Convenience stores make very little $$$ on fuel, often 10cts/gallon or less unless they are in areas of less competition. They'd much rather make huge margins on fountain drinks, bottled water, and food that consumers don't mind paying 10 prices for.

BTW, here's todays EIA Inventory reports FYI: Make special note of the huge demand for gasoline......

[img:left]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/04/16.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (222Sako, 338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 66 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.