Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Wife's uncle was a Baptist preacher in Chugwater. Had a pic of him shaking hands with Reagan at Cheyenne.

Father in law fished along Fraser river. One day the fishing was really good. A fellow came along and told him he shouldn't be there; he told the guy to go to H, it is a national forest and free land. A bit later Eisenhower came along and visited with him. Been a long time when a president could free range.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I helped unload Air Force One. I got a can of Budweiser from the pilot.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My grandfather was about 50 yards away when "Squeaky" pulled a 1911 out and tried to shoot Ford.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never met or never got anywhere near any sitting U.S. President. However; if Trump ever gets to the White House I'll be able to say that I saw him in person in 2013. It was at one of the pro-2nd Amendment rallies held in the NY state capital after the "message of necessity" middle of the night ramming through of the infamous NY SAFE Act. He gave a good speech on gun rights and had the huge crowd cheering wildly. I was about 50 yds. out in the crowd so I had a good view.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
got patted down by the secret service before having lunch and dinner with a dead presidents wife.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty cool stories here. Keep them coming.

For as much time I spent in the 5 sided puzzle palace in DC, you think I would have seen more. But then again, DC kind of wears you down after awhile.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Picture of me and my son the night before of one Bush II's visits ( if I recall correctly ) in front of one ( of the two ) limo's. A whole lot different than your Daddy's Cadillac grin .

The Suburban's and CAT ( Counter Assault Team ) vehicles were to the right. Really neat stuff in there.

Years ago, they would let us get on Air Force One while the President was at his designated visit sight. Then, they quit doing it ( security reasons, they said ).

And, coming into Central Kentucky......

[Linked Image]

And, leaving..........

[Linked Image]

Fun times......... cool

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Went to see Bush I just because he was participating in a dedication ceremony across the street from where I was at the time.

Secret Service men were everywhere giving everybody the stink eye.

That was enough for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most of the Secret Service guys on the Protection Detail come in from out of town and pair up with the local Secret Service agents, Feds, and local LE.

With the exception of one A-Hole, all of them have been extremely professional and great guys. But, make no mistake, none of them want to be the guy that lets the President take a hit on their watch. So, they can be somewhat "stiff" in their presentation. But, once the Prez has left, you'd like them.

Once, after one of their briefings, the visiting HMFIC told my guys, " Listen, anything happens, hit the deck. It's our job to save the President, not yours. Once any shooting starts, we're just as likely to shoot you or nearby civilians as the bad guy. Nothing's going to happen to us if we do, because we're saving the President. So, protect yourselves, for your family's sake. He smiled as he said it, but I could tell he was dead serious.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess I was one of Rocky's bullies and jerkoffs. I don't remember Bristow, but probably did give him the stinkeye or someone that came after me.

Thanks for the good words sgtsmmiii.
CH

The older I get the better I was.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys were tough guys doing a tougher job ( and making it look easy ).

True professionals. cool

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A President is only in power for less than 8 years.
Richard J. Daley "da mare"!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Carter was a prick, but Rosalynn was a true Southern lady.

That is a FACT... used to live and work in Americus/Plains.

The "image" Jimmy gives is a smiling approachable common man... NOT AT ALL.

Kinda pathetic actually... to be so terrible and yet so arrogant.

Kinda reminds me of... well, you get the idea.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii

[Linked Image]

Picture of me and my son the night before of one Bush II's visits ( if I recall correctly ) in front of one ( of the two ) limo's. A whole lot different than your Daddy's Cadillac grin .

The Suburban's and CAT ( Counter Assault Team ) vehicles were to the right. Really neat stuff in there.

Years ago, they would let us get on Air Force One while the President was at his designated visit sight. Then, they quit doing it ( security reasons, they said ).

And, coming into Central Kentucky......

I stepped off a sidewalk, in front of the VP motorcade, and had a SS agent push me in the chest and holler for me to 'get back on the sidewalk'. I didnt know the VP motorcade was coming up the ramp, to leave the building. Stood there and watched 2 suv's ahead of the limo, 2 suv's behind the limo (with one agent sitting on the back seat looking out the back with a long gun in his hands) and a car was the last vehicle (it picked up the guy that shoved me). They are serious!

Kinda off the subject, but seeing the limo made me think of doing a job in the basement of the Pentagon. There are some interesting things to be seen in that basement.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
had lunch with Bush1, in the White House.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I and my family had a 15 minute meeting with Laura Bush when she was in town plugging for a republican governor. She was VERY classy and VERY friendly!!!

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I met Ronald Reagan and Nancy when I was a kid. I was one of the children on the lawn at the White House for the Easter egg hunt. I remember President Reagan and his wife coming down to meet all of us. They were both so kind and I remember the President wanting to know if we were all having a good time. He and his wife shook all of the our hands including mine. I still remember how big his hand was compared to mine and he still shook it with a feeling of warmth and just the right amount of pressure for a kid. Even as a child I couldn't help being impressed that he cared enough to meet us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a friend who was a MP assigned to whatever unit is associated with Marine 1. He was one of the Marines who opened the hatch and saluted President Bush, Dick Cheney and the others as they debarked. I guess Bush always saluted back, but Cheney never did.

I tried getting some sort of a detailed assignment to do that, but wasn't a MP. My efforts were fruitless.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 1lessdog, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,681
Posts18,474,998
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.