Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

I was at Thumb Gun Outfitters in Almont, MI a few weeks ago to look at their used rack. The wife and I were coming back from visiting a friend in Lapeer. Anyways, in the case I noticed a beautiful SS Ruger Redhawk sitting in there with some pretty grips on it. I handle the pistol and then remember that you can legally hunt deer with pistols in southern MI. I have never killed any big game with a pistol so I think about it a little, and then put it down..slowly. All the way home I think about that pistol. Those grips fit me perfect.

The next day, without me knowing, she goes up there by herself and buys it. The gun also comes with a Leupold M8 ER 2x pistol scope, and the barrel is Magna-ported. The pistol is mint. The trigger has been worked and is really, really nice.

I got the gun from her today in part as a congrats gift. I am taking Command next week, and she cannot bring it there during the ceremony. No guns in the building. Makes the civilians nervous.

I have the best wife on the planet. I get an awesome .44 Mag pistol and Leupold scope, AND on Mother's Day weekend!

Bill: Thanks for helping Rachel out with this purchase.

My ugly face after opening the package. I am quite happy and a lucky man. It is all about getting the right woman. smile

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RAS; 05/06/16.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You did marry well. Congratulations on the wife, gun, and command.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My pleasure Jeff. You guys are a class act! Yep, she is a keeper!

Last edited by model70man; 05/06/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try to smile! grin

Congratulations on a great gift from a great wife. cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I wonder how long it would take my wife to read this thread if I leave it open on my laptop? smile

Congrats on a great gift!

Now let's see these grips you keep yackin about! grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Nice! What sights are on that Redhawk? That looks like the gold bead front sight, does it have the V-notch rear? I like those.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Like seeing stuff like this! smile

Congrats!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
That's great.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
smile

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats !!! On the wife and the gun :):):) I don't think a concealed carry permit is gonna cover that !!! LOL

Are you gonna shoot that jake with it ???

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congratulation RAS, It's a good wife that buys her husband gifts like that.

Now go load and shoot!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great and congrats on command!

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the gun is icing

congrats on having a good woman

no finer gift in this world.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Congrats on finding a great wife!

NRA Patron
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Nice! What sights are on that Redhawk? That looks like the gold bead front sight, does it have the V-notch rear? I like those.

Yes, it has the gold bead on the front. Not sure what you mean about the V notch. Dont know a lot about these pistols. Though, that will change.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Congrats on the new pistol!!!

I'm thinkin you've got two keepers between the Ruger and your wife. Note of caution, don't shoot that thing at a covered range with an angled roof... wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RAS,

Congrats on a great find. A friend purchased one of those a few years ago. I told him, "If you let me work up a load for it I will bring it back to you with 200 loader rounds." He couldn't refuse a deal like that.

The first day at the range I fired at 25 yards and realized I should fire at 100 yards. I was getting one small hole. I suggested he get a scope and I would sight it in with the loads. Also I suggested a trigger job.

He did both. The scope is a Bushnell 2-6X32. When I was finished I fired three on 2X and three on 6X at 100 yards. The group was 2 15/16". He loved it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am so geeked about this one. I own / owned over a 100 rifles. This is only my 4th pistol. And two of those are family guns. I guess I am way behind.

I guess it stems from my hatred of the M9. But this isnt no M9, and I can kill a big buck with it. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow... I've got the exact same gun, (except for the Magna-Porting) and exact same scope as you. I predict you're gonna like it. I'm just jealous that my wife didn't buy it as a gift for me, (she tolerates guns but that's about it, if she hated 'em we never would have been married almost 34 years now). Those big Redhawks are really special and I'm very happy that I got one. Even if I did have to pay "out of pocket" for it, it was worth it. At least I got a good deal on it, as it came out of an estate sale.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations on the keeper. The Ruger too. I got one way out of my class about 33 years ago. I had been looking at a S&W Model 69 in 44 magnum at the local gun shop. I knew that I wouldn't buy it and was glad when I went in one day and it was gone. A month or so later on Valentines day, it showed up at the house wrapped in red paper with my name on the card. Sometimes it just doesn't get any better. Do what you have to, to hang on to the keeper as well as the Ruger. Good ones are hard to find and the great ones are almost impossible.

Harry
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.