Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Gary, I am pretty happy with my G43, its about the right size, the trigger does not bother me that much, I like the Trijicon big orange front sight dot and the U shaped rear, the pistol comes out of the holster and seems about in the right place in front of me when it goes bang. smile Of course I am certainly not near as good a marksman as many here, but I do get a hit occasionally.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, if it means anything, just took a new G40 out the box and the trigger pulled around 7 pounds +/-. Detail strip, cleaned, oiled, dry fired the trigger a bit. Now breaks 6 pounds 1 ounces, no polish, just clean and oil. I never fired the pistol, but imagine when I run it a bit, the trigger will settle down about like my G43. This gun, however, is not a carry gun, it is specifically for hunting. Depending on what type of accuracy I can squeeze out of it, and I am even prepared to change barrels, I likely will likely run a drop in trigger before it is done. Not looking for light, but looking for crisp break.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

At the far right of the graph are the people who are performing at the top. I'd guess that there are probably only a few dozen people like that in the country.

Probably more than you might think.

I dunno, it depends on what your definition of "the top" is.

I'd say that if there's more than 25-30 then you can start refining your definition of "the top".

There are lots of really good shooters that can shoot very well, but a very small percentage are exceptional.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by doubletap

Since you're shooting perfect scores, it's good.

Only when nobody is watching.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker

I believe that shows good technique and probably better than average hand strength.

I started building my hand strength around age 12.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have tried the 10mm twice now, both in G20's, of course now that they have the 40 released I am sure that I must waste more money proving to myself again that I cannot shoot a Glock with enough confidence that I would try to hit a deer at 40 yards smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

At the far right of the graph are the people who are performing at the top. I'd guess that there are probably only a few dozen people like that in the country.

Probably more than you might think.

I dunno, it depends on what your definition of "the top" is.

I'd say that if there's more than 25-30 then you can start refining your definition of "the top".

There are lots of really good shooters that can shoot very well, but a very small percentage are exceptional.

Yeah, I guess it depends on the definition.

I've shot against a lot of really good shooters at various levels in a lot of different classes & with a variety of guns.

While your number might only encompass the very elite professional full time shooters, my number would include most of the really high level competitive shooters that are more than just really good; they are really, really good.........some of the consistently very best that I've seen are, either currently or past, military team shooters.

MM

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Good shooters in the sport/comp world are abundant while great shooters are rare. The best shooters are able to shoot w/out missing while discriminating the bad guys and not shooting through or around innocents. They can do so in the dark while wearing a respirator and may have arrived via parachute or submarine.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10Glocks, 270cowboy, 1234, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 15,652 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,908
Posts18,538,887
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.