-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Dave. Beautiful car! Gotta love the classic lines of them old Fords.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Thanks, Dave. Beautiful car! Gotta love the classic lines of them old Fords.
7mm

Ummm....

Nevermind. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
24D.

[Linked Image]

Any brand will work fine as long as 24D is the ingredient.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by 700LH
buy a goat.

Best plan yet!

[Linked Image]

Not the kind you drive.

The kind you ride.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
get the stronger stuff, about the same price and goes farther

[Linked Image]

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Originally Posted by Flyer01

This is a DOW Chemical product, see your local farm supply store. Works great on the dandelions and even thistle in my lawn.

Curtail® M Herbicide

Curtail® M herbicide translocates to the roots of stubborn perennial weeds, providing outstanding control of Canada thistle. In addition, Curtail M also controls many annual broadleaf species, such as wild mustard, wild buckwheat, pigweed, lambsquarters, volunteer sunflower and more. Curtail M contains clopyralid and MCPA, and it is helpful for small grains growers who want the superior crop tolerance offered by MCPA in their weed control programs, but still require powerful broadleaf weed control.

Just don't put Curtail down if you have trees you'd like to keep. http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld02B008.pdf

This is what I used to use in a 16 gallon sprayer that mounts to the back rack of a 4 wheeler.

That was before my 4 wheeler blew up and my tank fell off a shelf and broke the crap out of everything.

Curtail M knocks the crap out of dandelion, pigweed and thistle and I think it took the clover too.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scott's Turf Builder Weed n' Feed or TB/+2 Weed Control.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Seriously? You OBVIOUSLY don't have the Carolina broadleaf variety. They will literally spread to over 1 foot in diameter, before long there is ZERO grass and nothing but the boardleaf's.

Are you talking about the Carolina geranium? That stuff should be on the FBI's most wanted list.

[Linked Image]

Had that stuff at my Gma's place and it got out of hand. Killed half the Bermuda off in 2 years. Had to use roundup early in the year while the Bermuda was dormant to kill the Carolina geranium, then apply heavy fertilizer to the Bermuda to fill in the remaining bare dirt spots..

No

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went to TS and got a jug of the Gordons 400 Amine and a new sprayer.

Weed n Feed should just drop the "N".

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
for me it was good grass with good dirt under it. i planted a big section of my old garden with penn state blend grass seed about 15 years ago and it is the only section of my yard with no dandelions. the penn state stuff is spendy but it is well worth it. stays green even in the hot part of summer.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Seriously? You OBVIOUSLY don't have the Carolina broadleaf variety. They will literally spread to over 1 foot in diameter, before long there is ZERO grass and nothing but the boardleaf's.

Are you talking about the Carolina geranium? That stuff should be on the FBI's most wanted list. AT #3 right after ground ivy at #2 and whoever the $#%^&@#%^ was that planted the #$%@^&$# stuff as a ground cover at #1.

[Linked Image]

Had that stuff at my Gma's place and it got out of hand. Killed half the Bermuda off in 2 years. Had to use roundup early in the year while the Bermuda was dormant to kill the Carolina geranium, then apply heavy fertilizer to the Bermuda to fill in the remaining bare dirt spots..

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Weed n feed seems to be a cruel joke, what is the secret to getting rid of the yellow lawn weeds?

Weedmaster is the bomb. Kills almost any broadleaf plants, but leaves your grass alone. It's a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Eat them, there are a lot of good recipes---

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Definitely 2-4-d amine formulation, but you need to spray more than once. 2-4-d is a contact herbicide and won't get the ones that have not sprouted yet and dandelions sprout over a 2-3 week periods

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Weed n feed seems to be a cruel joke, what is the secret to getting rid of the yellow lawn weeds?

Weedmaster is the bomb. Kills almost any broadleaf plants, but leaves your grass alone. It's a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way.

Weedmaster is 2-4D.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image]

So, which part of your front yard is this?

blush grin

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Before they bloom you eat the leaves like salad. After they bloom, you pick the flowers and make wine. Why on Earth would you want to get rid of them. They are a gift from Heaven.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Redneck home brew sprayer. 25 gallon tank with 2gpm pump. 3 nozzles. Don't know how much I'm pushing, but 2 ounces to gallon of 2-4D driving fast enough to wet the leaves.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Get the 46% 2,4-D from Tractor Supply AND a good backpack (4 gal) sprayer. Also, add a bit of surfactant to help the water stick better (some just use dish soap). Lastly, it's more effective if you spray while they're blooming.

I had dandelions in my pasture that must have been 30-40 years old, they had roots about 3/4 inch across and looked like long carrots.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari
2-4 D

dandilions are broadleaf weeds.

I tried some Ortho Max or something along that lines this spring as it was on sale, should have just bought the 2-4 D. Works a hell of a lot better

Life is just one damned thing after another
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 2,071 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,748
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.