Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 145 of 175 1 2 143 144 145 146 147 174 175
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
A person on the 'wrong end' of that has a choice to either accept it, try to change it by getting involved, or find an alternative location.

lol

Unless you're 'dead' because you were murdered by one of these 'local' cops...!

It pays to have some foresight.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A person on the 'wrong end' of that has a choice to either accept it, try to change it by getting involved, or find an alternative location.

lol

OK, that clears it up for all of us. Thanks. It's Jack Yantis's fault that he's dead because he didn't have the "foresight" to be directly involved in the actual hiring of the 'local' cops who killed him...! That's all you had to say. End of thread.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

lol

OK, that clears it up for all of us. Thanks. It's Jack Yantis's fault that he's dead because he didn't have the "foresight" to be directly involved in the actual hiring of the 'local' cops who killed him...! That's all you had to say. End of thread.
lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

lol

You, Sir are a completely rank and deluded Azzwhole.
"Full of one's self", doesn't even START to describe the way you come across to anybody halfway squared away with what's commonly called the American way.

GTC

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This was a county sheriff department. Whenever I have moved to a new county I see how the deputes react with the public and see how well they do their jobs. I believe that is a reflection of the man at the top. If the the deputies are doing a good job then That sheriff is the right man for the job, if not get rig of the bad apple and elect a good one.

I have been lucky, The last three counties I have lived in had good men from top to bottom. The voters need vote this guy out just on the fact alone he has not cleaned house.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

lol

You, Sir are a completely rank and deluded Azzwhole.
"Full of one's self", doesn't even START to describe the way you come across to anybody halfway squared away with what's commonly called the American way.

GTC

GTC

Well, I disagree with your assessment of my personal qualities, although you certainly are entitled to your opinion. I realize that my response was a bit sarcastic, but it was in response to a sarcastic post. It further is backed by my personal belief, based on a great deal of reflection, that I bought an extra 20 years (so far) of a great quality of life by not waiting until the 3 dot sights were on my back to relocate. Now, your opinion plus my opinion combined, plus about $1.50, will buy us a cruddy cup of coffee made by a guy whose 22 year old assistant manager boss probably earns a salary within strike distance of what the deputies involved in this incident earned.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I pay taxes, I vote in every election & I've yet to see a prospective LEO hire on the ballot, or a Chief of Police either.

The only LEO position, nationwide, generally elected by the public is the county sheriff's position.

The CoP is hired by the city commission the then the CoP hires whomever he might want as an officer. The public has zero direct say; to imply otherwise is either ignorance or disingenuous.

Indirectly, city commissioners are voted on, but changing them or the CoP is never a short term proposition.

YMMV, but I kinda doubt for most of the country.

MM

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Cops do have privilege. With it comes responsibility. Didn't you say you tried it for a little while?

They mostly want the "privilege" . . . . . . . . GFY

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cheer up buddy, your mother loves you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Nope, she hated me from birth, told me so herself. She'll change her mind when she needs me to take care of her though.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I realize that my response was a bit sarcastic,

......and you're as proud, smarmy, and cocky about that as a young pullet with her first fuggin' EGG.

You make light of that which is a LONG way from being so.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by mirage243

Nope, she hated me from birth, told me so herself. She'll change her mind when she needs me to take care of her though.

Some stuff you just can't make up.

Dink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hey Dink, have I told you to go fugg yourself lately? Your the kind of piece of sheit that won't condemn these low life scumbags. I'm sure we'll read about you in the news as some point. I hope it's some low life you kill, not an honorable cattleman like Mr. Yantis.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by mirage243
Hey Dink, have I told you to go fugg yourself lately? Your the kind of piece of sheit that won't condemn these low life scumbags. I'm sure we'll read about you in the news as some point. I hope it's some low life you kill, not an honorable cattleman like Mr. Yantis.

That was hurtful.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who doubted this was murder from the start, please raise your hand.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cv540

He precipitated his own death, and won't get any tears from me.

Don't think a "mindset" about how police are going to react to an armed man interfering their attempts to rescue injured people is going to change much from coast to coast.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

lol

No, Mr Yantis did have the foresight. He simply lost the election when he ran for Sheriff.

You think there might have been residual bad blood from that election??????

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I pay taxes, I vote in every election & I've yet to see a prospective LEO hire on the ballot, or a Chief of Police either.

The only LEO position, nationwide, generally elected by the public is the county sheriff's position.

The CoP is hired by the city commission the then the CoP hires whomever he might want as an officer. The public has zero direct say; to imply otherwise is either ignorance or disingenuous.

Indirectly, city commissioners are voted on, but changing them or the CoP is never a short term proposition.

YMMV, but I kinda doubt for most of the country.

MM

It still boils down to what the public is willing to tolerate in taxes and spending priorities, and what the local culture is willing to tolerate in unethical or illegal behavior. When the locals have had enough to roll some figurative heads, things change. Seen it. Done it.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

lol

Public Employees defending Public Employees can border on Manic Depressive Bipolor behavior....

They don't give a rats azz what the taxpayers want or believe in. They live with an organized crime family mentality and pay only lip service to Democracies.

Don't believe this....walk into your next Town Meeting or Election and announce you are going to work to reform public government and it's employee's.....

You will find out right quickly what kind of a Democracy you actually live in.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dam, this is still going on. 121 pages, I thought it might have turned into a 223 AI type of discussion.

Page 145 of 175 1 2 143 144 145 146 147 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.