Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Since I left, my old dept has gone through 7 full time officers

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
[bleep] me runnin'..........

I guess there's a reason to be happy we never had a "boom" of any sort.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Some years ago someone did an extensive survey on how much more money people thought they needed to live comfortably. It was 'enlightening'. From the poor people up to the 6 figured ones, they all said they needed 10% more. Very few were comfortable with what they already had.

By f'king design.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The factories are, for the most part, hiring temp workers.

This has become a huge standard practice around here also, most likely related to taxes and healthcare.

It's all about less people doing more work, someone retires quits or is fired, no replacement is hired untill temps are needed to fill peak demands.

The people being crushed, and the companys know this, are the senior workers with 10-20 years in, and a bunch of benefits including vacation.

I know of a few people in this situation working up to a mandated 60 hours a week.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth

This has become a huge standard practice around here also, most likely related to taxes and healthcare.

It's all about less people doing more work, someone retires quits or is fired, no replacement is hired untill temps are needed to fill peak demands.

The people being crushed, and the companys know this, are the senior workers with 10-20 years in, and a bunch of benefits including vacation.

I know of a few people in this situation working up to a mandated 60 hours a week.

Obamunism at work.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks will never realize the emotional stress of debt until they don't have any. Being able to pay bills doesn't mean schit. Not having to pay bills is a whole different enchilada.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I can only chuckle when I see people discussing this as if it's something new.

Last job I had I worked as a "temp" for 7 years. The layoffs were everpresent and once they had the audacity to administer a 6% pay cut across the board. Don't even think about getting a raise. The only reason I had a job at *all* is because the Chinese suck at toolmakin'.

The company I worked for did the R&D here, then had the product manufactured in China.

One day I decided to join the legions of the working class in America who just said "fuggit".

Let the Chinese figure it out. I'll not manufacture another damn thing for any damn body in the world.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It was a boon to the area, lots of new businesses opened, and many still thriving

Housing is coming down

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Obamunism at work.

Around here it started long before Obama

Granted the one factory in particular simply makes press board cabnetry. I wouldn't expect that to be a great paying gig.

We have a couple other plants that don't hire temps but are very, very tough to get into.

One is running on a skeleton crew as they make a lot of munitions for the military and have been struggling with the cuts in military spending

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't need more money but I'd like more money, we'd like a bigger house especially with the new one on the way. After the rezoning of where we live now our house is worth a fraction of what it should be. But we don't have a whole lot of debt. Vehicle and boat payment. Mortgage, she has student loans. But we still.manage to out a couple hundred bucks a week into the savings account

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't need more money but I'd like more money, we'd like a bigger house especially with the new one on the way. After the rezoning of where we live now our house is worth a fraction of what it should be. But we don't have a whole lot of debt. Vehicle and boat payment. Mortgage, she has student loans. But we still.manage to out a couple hundred bucks a week into the savings account

You're doing good to put some away. Good luck with the new addition on the way!

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We put away what we can, I have another account that have some money put in every week for play money.

Some weeks are better than others, and I max out my 401k

Aside from gas and about 50 bucks worth of groceries for lunches I only spend about 25 bucks a week

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The place I work is steadily hiring for almost all positions, both production and maintenance. They are paying a bonus for maintenance hire-ins and also for referrals. And ~29$ hourly plus benefits for mechanical maintenance guys.
Any body wants a maintenance job, I can net them and me a cool thou for signing on and staying 6 months.

And in the town I live near there are 2 facilities with signs out looking to hire full time workers. I believe them both to pay ~$20-25 hourly...

A lotta guys torpedo themselves with a new truck as soon as they get 3 checks under their belt. Then they're miserable working at a job that they can't walk away from without losing their truck or motorcycle.

In know a guy who's 52 years old and been working an 80K job for 12 years. He has a house payment, 2 vehicle payments and owes more on CC than his house and vehicles are worth. Never started his 401K as he didn't think he could live without the money on his check. And this in spite of the fact that his firm matches his first 6%, dollar for dollar.
Has to work to maintain his debt, but misses work due to depression over his debt.
If he'd started a 401K 12 years ago he'd have more than he owes...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
The place I work is steadily hiring for almost all positions, both production and maintenance. They are paying a bonus for maintenance hire-ins and also for referrals. And ~29$ hourly plus benefits for mechanical maintenance guys.
Any body wants a maintenance job, I can net them and me a cool thou for signing on and staying 6 months.

And in the town I live near there are 2 facilities with signs out looking to hire full time workers. I believe them both to pay ~$20-25 hourly...

A lotta guys torpedo themselves with a new truck as soon as they get 3 checks under their belt. Then they're miserable working at a job that they can't walk away from without losing their truck or motorcycle.

In know a guy who's 52 years old and been working an 80K job for 12 years. He has a house payment, 2 vehicle payments and owes more on CC than his house and vehicles are worth. Never started his 401K as he didn't think he could live without the money on his check. And this in spite of the fact that his firm matches his first 6%, dollar for dollar.
Has to work to maintain his debt, but misses work due to depression over his debt.
If he'd started a 401K 12 years ago he'd have more than he owes...

If a bullfrog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumps.

Look, I may never have "much" by some folks' standards, but I'll make sure my kids are ahead of the game further than where I started or finished. Any SOB that doesn't do likewise is, to me, failing in his duty as a parent.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have one credit card it has like an 8 grand limit. I keep about 40 bucks on it, for the simple fact that carrying a little balance and letting them.make a bit of interest boosts my credit score up

Aside from boat and pick up gas I don't ever use it

I work with guys that can't survive without working 70 hours a week
They all bought big trucks and new big ride Harleys

I just sort of laugh at them

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's all about lifestyle and priorities.

And predicting when you're gonna die.

Last edited by SamOlson; 05/28/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A relative who believes in the "End of Days" is almost upon us, thinks that debt will be uncollectible and "things" will be worth more than money.
Mortgaged to the hilt, 60 grand in CC debt, bunker, huge food stockpile, hand well, guns and ammo by the ton, 2 Mules + more.
What if he's right ?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I know lots of paycheck to paycheck broke folks. It always comes down to 1 thing... They spend money. Pop, chips, eating out often, eating expensive foods, drinking beer, smoking, every gadget known to man, big screen tv, latest Iphone, dvds all over the place they watch maybe twice, ect..

But, when you talk to them they are the biggest victims on planet earth.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The wife and I make more than 50% over the median income for this area. We have no payments/loans other than a very modest mortgage, we don't take vacations or go on out of state hunts and it's about all we can do to make ends meet.

Post your budget down to the dime. There is no way you could live in a trailer in a rural area and barely make ends meet if you are doing what you say you do.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe it. Too many people can live with poor choices because the safety net is there to ensure that they will eat, have a place to live, own a cell phone and get medical attention.

50% of kids today are born with no father in the home. I wonder why?

It doesn't suck to be poor anymore. It should. That way people would make better choices.

People like me and many other people who supported Cruz, have to understand that even in the GOP, "EBT Accepted Here" is not an unwelcome sign by all within the party. The idea of dissolving social security for younger people is history. My dream of a dramatically smaller govt for the purpose of enhancing liberty probably will not happen in my lifetime. Unless there is a total collapse. Which is bad for all.

I have saved a lot for my entire adult lifetime. I believe that if you count on anybody else or govt for your liberty or prosperity, you are destined for failure. But now, I feel that there is a small target on my back for my sacrices and efforts.

Both parties have abandoned a smaller and limited govt. That concept scares too many people because the security of entitlements is something too good to give up. Even with the deficit near equalling the GDP. People rather to ignore it. Or tax successful people more.

We are almost at, "Every man for himself". It is a damn shame. There is so much that could have been accomplished.

If Trump announces reducing entitlements, he will lose. He knows that, which is why he hasn't touched it. Most people vote for a living now.

A damn shame. The Great Society is proving to be the worst thing that ever happened to America.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (17CalFan, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,748
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.