Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes Ted, my priority for the last 6 years has been to get my son thru college w/the least amount of hassle for him as possible. I wanted him to be able to concentrate on his studies. So, if that's not a priority to you guys then I'm sorry...it was important to me. For the people that have done it...it ain't cheap and will tax even the best of marriages. Sorry I have such a flawed value system to some of you guys. powdr

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by powdr
Yes Ted, my priority for the last 6 years has been to get my son thru college w/the least amount of hassle for him as possible. I wanted him to be able to concentrate on his studies. So, if that's not a priority to you guys then I'm sorry...it was important to me. For the people that have done it...it ain't cheap and will tax even the best of marriages. Sorry I have such a flawed value system to some of you guys. powdr

Well done powdr.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good on ya powder...

Again, what part of the state are you in?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
GREG, I'm in central Texas about 40 miles west of Waco and 40 miiles NW of Lampasas. powdr

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ok - Goldwaithe country...

No ties in that country, sorry. I grew up a few hours south and my parents are a few hours SW of you...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
GregW's a good egg.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Time to take up public hunting. I've had some great experiences in places that most Texans don't even know exist.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/...UBLIC_HUNTING_OPPORTUNITIES_A#Post348583

Quando omni flunkus moritati
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Coryell county. powdr

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So you raised kids...you are married and you put a kid through college...I can relate.

2 kids myself 26 and 28 both college drop outs....me too 3X

My wife is 47 and is still in college

I lease ground 400 miles from my home for deer and hunt 1 thousand miles west as often as I can....how? It is one of my priorities and I work extra hours and save money each year with one sole purpose....hunting

License and lease $$ over buying any rifles

Heck.....I even went as far as taking out a 60 month 15k loan in 2013 to do a 2 week Plains Game Safari in the Eastern Cape of South Africa

Crazy? Maybe but I made it happen....but I'm not retired either

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The comments folks are making about priorities doesn't mean that you didn't have other ones nor are they disparaging you for making them. But, it still comes down to priorities. Were you forced to retire? You retired and did not account for the cost of paying for the type of lease you want.

You give folks crap for living where public accessible land and cheap tags are available. As GregW pointed out, you could live there too! Again priorities.

Where I live tags are cheap, the public land hunting marginal, and leases tough to come by. So, I have a mortgage on a place that I can hunt. Not a big place, but I won't be having to ask your type of favors when I retire. All the while putting two young kids through private schools. Again priorities.

The real reason you are lashing out a bit at folks is that you regret a bit your decisions. Couple that will a touch of jealousy for your perception of things being "better" for other folks. I catch myself doing that a bit on forums as well. But, it really does come down to priorities...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is Dr. Phil in the house?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pointer
The comments folks are making about priorities doesn't mean that you didn't have other ones nor are they disparaging you for making them. But, it still comes down to priorities. Were you forced to retire? You retired and did not account for the cost of paying for the type of lease you want.

You give folks crap for living where public accessible land and cheap tags are available. As GregW pointed out, you could live there too! Again priorities.

Where I live tags are cheap, the public land hunting marginal, and leases tough to come by. So, I have a mortgage on a place that I can hunt. Not a big place, but I won't be having to ask your type of favors when I retire. All the while putting two young kids through private schools. Again priorities.

The real reason you are lashing out a bit at folks is that you regret a bit your decisions. Couple that will a touch of jealousy for your perception of things being "better" for other folks. I catch myself doing that a bit on forums as well. But, it really does come down to priorities...

Powder....I'm not jealous of you....that is my $.02 you can take to the bank!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Is Dr. Phil in the house?

No, but there are more than a few with a Dr Phil associate degree.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, leave it to guys like Skane who can hunt for the cost of a tag to get his peter all bent out of shape. He's still mad cause I didn't say thank you for a worn out sling he sent me one time. God I wish I had his address so I could send the sum bitch back to him.

Peter = still straight, thank you. smile
Kudos to you on seeing your son through school - that's very much to be applauded. I fault NO ONE for trying to make due with what they've got. Life is about priorities and it appears you got #1 squared away.

The free slings you received without the common courtesy of receipt acknowledgement or mere thank-you simply reveals character (or lack thereof). Or perhaps it's your gray matter upstairs - if the latter, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Your OP is not the first time you've played the lack-of-cash card to get something. Anyone that wants to do the work will find those instances. So, call me a skeptic, but I was getting nasty PM's years ago already from one or two members regarding the guy from Walla Walla and his not passing my sniff test. Funny how that szchit worked out. Tis not my nature to be abrasive or vindictive, I just refuse to suffer fools.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
SKANE, I HAVE GIVEN AWAY MORE STUFF THAN MOST PEOPLE HAVE BOUGHT HERE. Sometimes people want to reciprocate. It's just a few fellows that think they don't need anybody to survive. I've made a lot of friends buying, trading and selling to other people. You say you don't suffer fools but yet you act like one. Let's just let it die and you go your way and I'll go mine. powdr

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Works for me.

You say you don't suffer fools but yet you act like one.

Just for the record - the PM's I mentioned regarding safariman said the exact same thing as quoted above. Funny, none of those guys ever came back around for a slice of crow. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GREG, I'm in central Texas about 40 miles west of Waco and 40 miiles NW of Lampasas. powdr

I wish I could help you. My Mother grew up on a 1000 acre peanut farm close to you just north of Richland Springs that was settled by her family in the 1860s. Alas, my grandparents sold it in 86. cry . I ate a lot of venison and turkey's that came off it but I never got to hunt it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane
[

The free slings you received without the common courtesy of receipt acknowledgement or mere thank-you simply reveals character (or lack thereof). Or perhaps it's your gray matter upstairs - if the latter, please accept my sincerest apologies.

SKane,

He did the same thing to me. Back when there was a run on 308 cartridges, he put out an add on the classifieds begging for some. I sent him a flat rate box full. Never even got an acknowledgement, let alone a thank you.

Playing the sympathy card can work in the short term, but it won't in the long term.

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for the thought Pugs.
Slow Dog if I didn't thank you...I'm sorry. Thank you. powdr

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 160user, 22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,058
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.