Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I can not believe you all give this lunatic the dignity of a response. Why in the hell did I even read past his name.

It is a sad state affairs on this board when the philosophy of Thomas Jefferson and the Founders and the thought of Aristotle and Plato are considered lunacy. Apparently this place has a lot more in common with MoveOn and Daily Kos than we ever thought. did you read the Jaffa quote? If so, you did not comprehend it.

Jordan

The fact you can INTERPRET all that from his statement is telling.

He reads into statements what he wants to believe.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
One of the more disappointing aspects of the forum is the inability of most folks here to think deeply about any issue or to make themselves aware of the canons of thought upon which western civilization was founded---but which modernity, including the political agenda of the homosexual rights movement (of which Obama is a devotee) call entirely into question.

There should be no pride in admitting ignorance of the thought of Jefferson, the Founders, Aquinas, Aristotle, Plato, etc., as displayed here, but then again, that's why being ignorant is so embarrassing---not knowing that you don't know!

Jordan

When someone believes they are so far intellectually above and beyond their immediate audience, as you very obviously imply that you are, one would think they would search elsewhere for a much smarter audience with mass numbers of intellectual equals to share and debate their deep thoughts and opinions with, rather than waste them on a bunch of intellectual inferiors, as you very obviously imply most folks here are.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I can not believe you all give this lunatic the dignity of a response. Why in the hell did I even read past his name.

It is a sad state affairs on this board when the philosophy of Thomas Jefferson and the Founders and the thought of Aristotle and Plato are considered lunacy. Apparently this place has a lot more in common with MoveOn and Daily Kos than we ever thought. did you read the Jaffa quote? If so, you did not comprehend it.

Jordan

So there is something I wrote that does not reflect the thought of Jefferson, the Founders, Aristotle and Plato and with which you take issue? What is that?

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
[quote=TexasTBag]"With liberty and justice for all" American citizens were murdered in a terrorist attack today what the fug else do I need to know????

I've never questioned that. I've only asked folks to examine the premise which underlies the idea of "justice" in view of the premise which underlies the political agenda of the homosexual rights movement, which essentially holds that justice is a matter of personal preference. That is not the concept of "justice" this nation was founded on.

Any demand for "justice" from anyone who thinks the generative distinction between male and female---which is the basis not only of all human friendship, but the whole of human existence---is morally meaningless, is a positively schizophrenic demand

Jordan
Regardless, their sin and the sin of the gunman is no more damning than your's, mine, or Mother Teresa's.

Why then did Lord God openly intervene in this affair of man?

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by joken2
One of the more disappointing aspects of the forum is the inability of most folks here to think deeply about any issue or to make themselves aware of the canons of thought upon which western civilization was founded---but which modernity, including the political agenda of the homosexual rights movement (of which Obama is a devotee) call entirely into question.

There should be no pride in admitting ignorance of the thought of Jefferson, the Founders, Aquinas, Aristotle, Plato, etc., as displayed here, but then again, that's why being ignorant is so embarrassing---not knowing that you don't know!

Jordan

When someone believes they are so far intellectually above and beyond their immediate audience, as you very obviously imply that you are, one would think they would search elsewhere for a much smarter audience with mass numbers of intellectual equals to share and debate their deep thoughts and opinions with, rather than waste them on a bunch of intellectual inferiors, as you very obviously imply most folks here are.

Nothing I have said here states or implies that I think I am intellectually superior to anyone on this forum. What I have opined on is the apparent ignorance of many here of the underpinnings of western civilization. But that has to do with reading or of making one-self aware, not intelligence.

If I am wrong, enlighten me.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/12/16.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Jordan

So there is something I wrote that does not reflect the thought of Jefferson, the Founders, Aristotle and Plato and with which you take issue? What is that?

Jordan

Read, comprehend, then comment perhaps?

I don't believe 'buck mentioned any of the above nor their philosophies. He has formed the opinion that you're a lunatic and made said opinion known. Your dragged the Founders in after the fact.

You can argue your interpretation of the FFs' philosophies, it doesn't make your interpretation fact nor does it change the fact that 'buck thinks you're a lunatic.

Carry on......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There ain't one f'kin' way that this psycho SOB, (Rob) Jordan Funk, Esq., can HONESTLY state to the court that he can - without prejudice - deal with homosexuals as victims or parties to a case. No way in Hell.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It seems as though, throughout history, morality is what you foist upon others, not what you indict upon yourself. Oftentimes the most righteous and "moral" are anything but and even hardened criminals have their "code".

I certainly don't understand RJs premise? If you don't actively try to convert homosexuals (or punish them in absence of conversion) you can't condemn an ISIS terrorist because you're tacitly approving the decline of societal mores?

The post that started this thread has nothing to do with homosexuality per se. It has to do with pointing out that the premise which underlies the justification of that movement calls into question the very concept of nature as a basis of law and morality. In which case, the condemnation of this mass shooting by anyone who thinks homosexuality and their movement is a positive moral good, is pure hypocrisy.

Jordan

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I follow Jesus Christ. Aristotle, Plato and Thomas Jefferson were sinners. They were smart and productive, but sinners nonetheless. They don't dictate what is moral by their writings; Jesus showed us by his actions.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aristotle (like nearly all Greeks at that time) was a queer as a football bat. Ditto Plato, and Socrates.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4ager
Aristotle (like nearly all Greeks at that time) was a queer as a football bat. Ditto Plato, and Socrates.

They don't call it Greek sex for nothing

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
There ain't one f'kin' way that this psycho SOB, (Rob) Jordan Funk, Esq., can HONESTLY state to the court that he can - without prejudice - deal with homosexuals as victims or parties to a case. No way in Hell.

Tell that to the homosexual clients I have had or to the acquaintances (albeit very few!) I have who are homosexuals. By your logic, neither Thomas Jefferson or Blackstone could serve as a justice on our Supreme Court and George Washington certainly could not serve as commander in chief.

This is not the first time you have expressed outrage at the philosophy on which this nation was founded and its condemnation of unnatural acts, which is why I think I am correct in identifying you, fundamentally, as a man of the Left.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/12/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jordan
How 'bout your insane ability to OVERTHINK things you dyck! By the way your proctologist called-they found your head.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12

They don't call it Greek sex for nothing

False as to Aristotle and Plato---but even if true it would make them hypocrits but would not make their reasoning flawed or false.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Jordan
How 'bout your insane ability to OVERTHINK things you dyck! By the way your proctologist called-they found your head.

Pointing out your ignorance of the foundations of western civilization does not make me a dick. It makes you ignorant.

Jordan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tell that to the homosexual clients I have had or to the acquaintances (albeit very few!) I have who are homosexuals? By your logic, neither Thomas Jefferson or Blackstone could serve as a justice on our Supreme Court and George Washington certainly could not serve as commander in chief.

This is not the first time you have expressed outrage at the philosophy on which this nation was founded and its condemnation of unnatural acts, which is why I think I am correct in identifying you, fundamentally, as a man of the Left.

Jordan

How cute - Robert Jordan Funk, Esq., picking and choosing posts to reply to.

A "man of the left"? You're a delusional, psycho bastard. If you can post your diatribes here, and then honestly represent or deal with gays you are either a liar in one or other context or have a multiple personality syndrome that is astonishing.

Leftist, eh? Not hardly, but keep deflecting from your post that seeks to justify the slaughter of dozens of innocent Americans.

You're insane, Robert (or Jordan, which ever is the hardline straight persona). You're in your manic phase and it shows.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It seems as though, throughout history, morality is what you foist upon others, not what you indict upon yourself. Oftentimes the most righteous and "moral" are anything but and even hardened criminals have their "code".

I certainly don't understand RJs premise? If you don't actively try to convert homosexuals (or punish them in absence of conversion) you can't condemn an ISIS terrorist because you're tacitly approving the decline of societal mores?

The post that started this thread has nothing to do with homosexuality per se. It has to do with pointing out that the premise which underlies the justification of that movement calls into question the very concept of nature as a basis of law and morality. In which case, the condemnation of this mass shooting by anyone who thinks homosexuality and their movement is a positive moral good, is pure hypocrisy.

Jordan

Mmmmmmmkaaaaayy.

Re: Apologists for homosexuality cannot condemn this shooting...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jordan

Mmmmmmmkaaaaayy.

Re: Apologists for homosexuality cannot condemn this shooting...

Sounds a lot like he's happy it happened and justifies it, eh? His posts only confirm this.

He's a complete nut.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Tell that to the homosexual clients I have had .

What's visiting day?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

In which case, the condemnation of this mass shooting by anyone who thinks homosexuality and their movement is a positive moral good, is pure hypocrisy.

Jordan

Well, it's settled then! Those of which you speak, though I'm not sure who "here" qualifies, are hypocrites........right there with some of your "moral legislators".

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (3333vl, 264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 24 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,881
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.