M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
=Mackay_Sagebrush]
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

This weekend I would expect there to be more of these incidents.

Mackay,

Can you expand on why you would say that?

There has been information gathered from both open source and other means that have indicated that there may be attacks on U.S. soil by terrorists.

This includes threats direct from ISIS, published in the form of videos, specifically targeting certain U.S. cities, with NYC and Washington D.C. being among the list.

Happy Holidays!

The above quote was taken from the Colorado shooting spree thread. Since then I have been gone hunting,was offline,and just this morning read about the California terrorist attack.

Long story short, it would be reasonable to expect more such attacks in the somewhat near future.

There are a number of intelligence organizations, both private and .gov that analyze information, and the punchline is that for the most part, everybody is on the same page. Expect more.

For those not familiar with the concepts of global warfare as it is today, we no longer fight nation-states. Front lines are less and less common.

What we are doing today is fighting ideologies/groups. This concept shift is called 4th generation warfare, and rather than write a long winded dissertation, I suggest you take a moment and look it up (4th generation warfare).

What you CAN expect is that we will see an ever increasing amount of attacks, both here and abroad, perpetrated by both "lone Wolf" type Jihadists, and small units/cells, who receive directions from Imams (The now deceased Anwar al-Awlaki is a perfect example of an Imam/terror coordinator), and other leaders.

Stay safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Since then I have been gone hunting,was offline, ...

We want pictures and details...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Long story short, it would be reasonable to expect more such attacks in the somewhat near future.

There are a number of intelligence organizations, both private and .gov that analyze information, and the punchline is that for the most part, everybody is on the same page. Expect more.

For those not familiar with the concepts of global warfare as it is today, we no longer fight nation-states. Front lines are less and less common.

What we are doing today is fighting ideologies/groups. This concept shift is called 4th generation warfare, and rather than write a long winded dissertation, I suggest you take a moment and look it up (4th generation warfare).

What you CAN expect is that we will see an ever increasing amount of attacks, both here and abroad, perpetrated by both "lone Wolf" type Jihadists, and small units/cells, who receive directions from Imams (The now deceased Anwar al-Awlaki is a perfect example of an Imam/terror coordinator), and other leaders.

The West in general and the UK in particular has been involved in fighting terrorism in various places since the end of WW2.

What has happened since A-Q came on the scene is that it is that the terrorists no longer have a unified, centralised command and control structure that co-ordinates and controls all the activity taking place in its name.

In many cases, there is only the loosest of connections (on line chatter for example) between the cells and what could be termed the central "leadership", many times there is none at all.

This is what makes combating this type of terrorism so difficult and why some attacks are going to inevitably be successful, at least until we change our methods as well..

Last edited by Pete E; 12/04/15.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jds44

Since then I have been gone hunting,was offline, ...

We want pictures and details...

Grin,

The readers digest version: My dad and I shot a couple cow elk. No biggie.

The big one was Kimber(13) popped her first elk. An Absolutely Perfect 375 yard shot (lasered), right behind the shoulder (where she was told to put the bullet) with her .308. She is pointing to the entry.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Pete E

The West in general and the UK in particular has been involved in fighting terrorism in various places since the end of WW2.

What has happened since A-Q came on the scene is that it is that the terrorists no longer have a unified, centralised command and control structure that co-ordinates and controls all the activity taking place in its name.

In many cases, there is only the loosest of connections (on line chatter for example) between the cells and what could be termed the central "leadership", many times there is none at all.

This is what makes combating this type of terrorism so difficult and why some attacks are going to inevitably be successful, at least until we change our methods as well..

Pete just gave a perfect example of part of what 4th Gen warfare is, and why it is so hard to combat.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

But some things in the world are still going pretty well smile Congrats to the new hunter!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congratulations to her cool

Good stuff M_S smile

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Thanks Tex,

She actually volunteered to give the entire thing away (minus the ivories) to feed some folks we know who need some meat. I was quite proud of her willingness to do so, for the sake of others.

In the end, we kept hers, and my dad took mine with him back to his home to cut up for the couple of families who needed the meat.

One elk (hers) will feed our family for the year, and we still have enough game in the freezer from the previous year, that we are set.

Not a bad kid.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Absolutely Friggin' Awesome!

My 12 year old drew his first big game blood on Thanksgiving day. I know the proud papa feeling.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mackay,

Congratulations to your young lady on her elk, and even more so on her ethics. What a fine lady you're raising, and you have every right to be proud!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mac, congratulations on a fine outing.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mackay and Pete just laid out, very succinctly, exactly the world we are all now living in - and it will only get worse.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm just spitballing here, but I'm assuming that not letting 100,000 thousand refugees in the country, canceling VISA's etc has to be a step in the right direction.

After all, they do have one thing in common, it's that 'M' word that we can not speak of.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Congrats Mackay! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And congrats. Glad to see she doesn't share your blank face....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm just spitballing here, but I'm assuming that not letting 100,000 thousand refugees in the country, canceling VISA's etc has to be a step in the right direction.

After all, they do have one thing in common, it's that 'M' word that we can not speak of.

Stop making sense.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Congrats to Kimber!!!

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geez Mac, I wish you would have posted the hunt pics elsewhere.

This thread is lightly to get sullied in short order if the Attorney General allows us to talk about Muslims.....

(but congrats to your daughter)

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jds44
Absolutely Friggin' Awesome!

My 12 year old drew his first big game blood on Thanksgiving day. I know the proud papa feeling.

[Linked Image]

You gotta Love that! First successful hunts with kids are better than any personal trophy.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The readers digest version: My dad and I shot a couple cow elk. No biggie.

Great elk and btw every elk is a TROPHY!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, AB2506, 300_savage, 21 invisible), 17,296 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,997
Posts18,540,254
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
4 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.