Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Stayed inside most of the day yesterday except to go to Moms for Fathers day dinner. Temp read 122. I live on the edge of Glendale and Peoria, official reading was 119. Stay cool out there. Working outside SUCKS even in the shade if you can and swamp coolers going. Big umbrellas help if I can get them over my work. wink

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Our daughter lives in Cave Creek, roadrunner. according to the weather service, it's 109° there right now. Cave Creek is usually a few degrees cooler than Phoenix metro - likely due to less concrete.

It is officially 93° at our local airport right now. I'm a few hundred feet higher, and show 90° with 30% humidity.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It was 109 on Friday here, only 96 today but is supposed to climb back up to 106 by Thursday. Humidity here is normally nonexistent, but lately we've had muggy weather. Ugh.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Our daughter lives in Cave Creek, roadrunner. according to the weather service, it's 109° there right now. Cave Creek is usually a few degrees cooler than Phoenix metro - likely due to less concrete.

It is officially 93° at our local airport right now. I'm a few hundred feet higher, and show 90° with 30% humidity.

I'm showing 115 right now. We closed shop early today 1:00pm. Just too fricken hot to work. crazy Will start again at O'dark thirty.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a note at 5 p.m. my time.

It is 93° outside. My A/C has not run all day and it is 75° upstairs and 74° downstairs. THAT's how well the super insulating we did works.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i have on the north west side of phx, right off the black canyon freeway, not that far really from cave creek. It is cooler up there being a little higher, less concrete. Having said that, my guage on the covered patio outside the kitchen in the shade was registering about 118 to 119 a little while ago. It is brutal. A 20 year was mt biking in the phx park preserves, it killed her.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Afternoon Update:

Current Conditions Station reported 2 minutes ago
111.4 °F--- this is a lie- Feels more Like 124.4 °F to me
6.0 mph Wind from S
Dew Point: 40 °F
Humidity: 9%
Precip Rate: --
Precip Accum: 0.00 in
Pressure: 29.77 in

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
135 degrees warmer than it was in January.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So much for my weather forecasting skills,.... We're currently fluctuating 'tween 104 to 106°,...Light wind still pretty solid and steady out of the S.

Why on earth would anybody even THINK of mtn. biking in those conditions ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yesterday was ambient 117 in shade. The outside surface of the west wall of the house measured by remote thermometer at 184. That's the highest I remember.
Today a couple of degrees cooler.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Why on earth would anybody even THINK of mtn. biking in those conditions ?

GTC

News reported that she was a trainer (at a gym?).

Not a good decision to go biking in this heat.
And hopefully people won't be walking their dogs.

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A hundred and hell here in SoCal and there are 2 brush fires going. Several thousand acres and will likely merge. If I was still working, I would definitely be up there.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Timely tip, if you are using a real computer and not some toy substitute...

Hold down <Alt> and type 248 on your numeric keypad to get a °

First day of summer will ring true in northern Utah. It has already topped triple digits down south, and we'll hit 100° later this week. More than 100° and lower than zero is fairly rare here in Ogden. It was 65° and 55% humidity at dawn today. It's 76° and 44% now. The mid-afternoon humidity dropped to 9% the other day.

We super insulated the house last year. 22" of blown-in insulation in the attic, plus a Mylar infrared barrier. Foamed the entire exterior behind the brick, and also installed a solar attic vent fan. The attic now does not get above ambient, and our A/C unit doesn't kick on until mid to late afternoon.

Using a real computer here, but that trick didn't work.

™¢•

Hmmm

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by LostHighway
It's hot in the northern hemisphere. Alaska, Canada, England are all hot. Australia experienced a very hot summer (their summer) in November. And global warming is a left wing contrived scam. Yeah right.

No one argues warming as a trend right now.

But only stupid folks think its caused by man made issues rather than normal cycles.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Works just fine for me 115°F in Mesa, AZ

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by LostHighway
It's hot in the northern hemisphere. Alaska, Canada, England are all hot. Australia experienced a very hot summer (their summer) in November. And global warming is a left wing contrived scam. Yeah right.

No one argues warming as a trend right now.

But only stupid folks think its caused by man made issues rather than normal cycles.....
It's called "Summer!" shocked

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
rost, as it says, it can be font dependent. That table is set up for Times Roman. I use Arial and most of the symbols work just fine in it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
As to the global warming argument, there are two issues. Don't confuse them.

Climate change is real, has always happened, and is currently in an interglacial period. That means the planet warmed enough to melt the glaciers and continued to do so. At some point, it will stop warming and begin cooling until there is another ice age. It is impossible to say if we have reached the hottest part of that cycle yet or not. Think of it as a sine wave, with the low points ice ages (there have been many of them, certainly over a dozen) and the high points hot ages. We are in another of a long string of hot ages.

The other issue is HUMAN-CAUSED climate change. There is absolutely no proof that mankind is a major cause factor in climate change. A minor one, maybe. But that's all.

The driving force behind the hysteria is simple: money.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well. it's almost 1100am

Todays report:

Current Conditions Station reported 2 minutes ago
99.0 °F - Feels Like 99 °F
3.0 mph Wind from SW
Dew Point: 50 °F
Humidity: 19%
Pressure: 29.95 in
UV:11

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And here is yesterday's info

Temperature

High 112°F Low 86.3°F Avg 101.4 °F

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,502 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,002
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.