Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
How long before you can shoot the big boomers after surgery? I can see out of my left eye ,first time in years it was not a blur.
I just had my left eye done and need to get to shooting my Lott.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don't know. A month at least, maybe two. I'll ask when I see the surgeon in a week.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best of luck to all here with the cataract problems. I going to be facing some decisions regarding same pretty soon. I'll bookmark this thread for reference, also.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Right now I'm wondering if I had any luck. I had surgery Thursday to retrieve the dislocated lens, and it was successful. They also sewed in a new lens. At my follow-up on Friday they said the surgery went as well as it could have, and that I'd get my vision back. They took the patch off around 1:00 Friday afternoon, but I'm not seeing any better now than I did then. In fact, I'm afraid it's not as good. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I can see virtually nothing with that eye, other than shapes and colors. I can't recognize my wife if she's more than 6 feet away.

I was watching football on TV today and all I could see with my left eye was a green field with some faint movement. On close up shots I couldn't distinguish players on one team from players on the other.

My next follow-up is this Friday, but I'm paying my local ophthalmologist a courtesy call tomorrow because he wants to look in there and see what they did.

Still hoping for the best, but it's hard to be optimistic. Maybe I'll have to change my 24HCF handle to Dead Eye. frown

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Best 15 minutes you will spend, distance vision was bad, after it ,it is like looking at the world through binos! Good luck enjoy!!!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mohick
Best 15 minutes you will spend, distance vision was bad, after it ,it is like looking at the world through binos! Good luck enjoy!!!!!!

I think you've misread some things here, or you haven't read the whole thread. I'm finished with the surgery, and its more like looking at the world through a cloudy glass of water.

>> I had cataract surgery on my right eye in June. It turned out very well.
>> I had cataract surgery on my left eye on Sept. 9. It didn't go well. The capsular bag broke, and the implant lens got lost inside my eyeball.
>> I had surgery last Thursday, 9/15, when they fished the lens out using a series of incisions in my eyeball.
>> Then they sutured a lens on the front of my eye. The entire surgery took a little over 2 hours.
>> At the follow-up appointment on Friday they took the patch off and everything is very blurry. They said it will get better. I know it has been only four days since the surgery, but so far there is no improvement.
>> Still pain, redness, and lots of swelling.

What I've learned -- the risks of cataract surgery are far greater than I thought. If it goes well it's like a miracle. If it doesn't, well, it's no fun at all.

Steve.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.