Originally Posted by tarzan
[quote=65X54]

How naturally can you sight the iron sights? Do you need to squish you cheek into the stock?

I would likely want the iron sights to line up naturally so I hope the comb height is set for the irons. This is how I'd likely carry it most of the time and have the scope in my pack.

I'm 5'8 and 190 lbs. So I'm about as medium as a guy can get. As a boy I shot by point with my Dasies', never used the sights.

When I made the transition to rimfires I shot a Winchester 63.

Over the last 20 years or so I've mainly used scoped rifles.

However I find that the Merkel Stutzen floats up and the fiber-optic red dot front sight is almost dead centered in the notch of the rear sight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My cheek-weld is at the point of my cheekbone, but its more of a rest than a scrunch. When I got the first K1, it came in a few days before I was to go on a bear hunt with hounds. As I'm old and don't have the legs or wind that I did in my youth I wanted something light and nimble. This rifle fills the bill. I shot it with irons at 25 and 50 yds. and was plenty comfortable with both the rifle's and my performance.

[Linked Image]

With the quick release levers one the K3 saddle mount, the scope can be removed in a few seconds. Putting the saddle mounts back on is just a little more tricky, but can be done is way less than a minute, and returns to zero.

Hope this helps, It was with some trepidation that I made the decision to buy one. After I got it in, fondled it, shot it, hunted it, the only hard part now is coming up with the scratch to buy another.

Just sayin'

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.