Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I saw where the fool bought the AR 15 before they were married. Too bad it is not community property. Then the O.P. could just take a hack saw, cut it in two right through the upper and lower and send the West Point dude "his half." grin

Nothing like good divorce stories. There have been some dandies on the Fire. This one ranks near the top. wink

L.W.

"No remember, you took that AR with you when you left. I bought this one later."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nothing like good divorce stories. wink

L.W.

I've told my wife she needs to write a book. Seems like her firm specializes in representing the Jerry Springer crowd.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
No cop will get involved.

No ATF agent will get involved.

He feeds off your wife's knee-jerk hysteria. Next time she asks you stupid schit just open a beer and stare at her.

Dave

Best advice giving!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Tell him you/we sold the rifle to help pay for the boob job!

wink

Last edited by muffin; 06/29/16.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muffin

wink

For the 13yo daughter!

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by taylorce1
" ... He's accused us of raising our daughter to be a racist, right wing, Christian. In fact last summer he took her to a psychiatrist to have her diagnosed as a racist. This came about because our daughter refused to eat a middle eastern restaurant that only served halal meat. ..."

Whoa!! I just saw this. I'm not a psychologist, but it sounds to me as if the West Point dude is a sociopath. There is nothing "normal" about trying to have a psychiatrist establish an aberrant "medical label" for your daughter that could well follow her the rest of her life.

You're dealing with a demented person, in my opinion. Retain documentation of the "psychiatrist" episode.

Be careful who shows up at your door.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
" ... He's accused us of raising our daughter to be a racist, right wing, Christian. In fact last summer he took her to a psychiatrist to have her diagnosed as a racist. This came about because our daughter refused to eat a middle eastern restaurant that only served halal meat. ..."

Whoa!! I just saw this. I'm not a psychologist, but it sounds to me as if the West Point dude is a sociopath. There is nothing "normal" about trying to have a psychiatrist establish an aberrant "medical label" for your daughter that could well follow her the rest of her life.

You're dealing with a demented person, in my opinion. Retain documentation of the "psychiatrist" episode.

L.W.

Can someone really BE diagnosed as a racist?

What kind of meds do that give for that clinical condition? crazy

I think he just diagnosed himself as being a controlling azzhole.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

L.W.

Can someone really BE diagnosed as a racist?

What kind of meds do that give for that clinical condition? crazy

I think he just diagnosed himself as being a controlling azzhole.

It's NY, and he has money. He can buy any diagnosis he desires.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

L.W.

Once again, back to my suggestion of setting the dude up and getting his ass locked away, not only will it be great fun, but it's gonna look good in your custody suit for you.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

He's accused us of raising our daughter to be a racist, right wing, Christian. In fact last summer he took her to a psychiatrist to have her diagnosed as a racist. This came about because our daughter refused to eat a middle eastern restaurant that only served halal meat.

You gonna' WAIT another 24 hours + before filling in some more of the blanks in this narrative ? any particular reason you omitted this from your initial advisory ????

Pretty damned presumptuous on YOUR part telling people they're missing some kinda' 'Point",....when in truth you're still a ways off from actually MAKING one.

I'm reading this nonsense and now wondering what the hell ELSE you've not told the crew here about this weirdo.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 06/29/16.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Disassemble it down to the last spring and pin, then send it to him via the FFL of his choice in exchange for shipping costs, of course.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Taylor,

Tell him you held a Dickhead contest on the campfire........................

and Northwest Alaska won it as the prize.

You can name the runners up.

Where do I send my invoice???????????

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
this my so
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by 4ager

Full custody and adoption. Go for it. Now.

Jurisdiction is with the kid; meaning where you are and not in New Yorkistan.

I wish we could we talked to a lawyer about it last year after it happened, and he told us there is no way in Colorado that we could get full custody of her. We'd have to prove that her life was literally in immanent danger when she was in his custody. Same thing the Family Law Judge who attend our church told us as well.

She doesn't have to go. She is old enough to make that decision.

CO is just f'ked up.
my brother got custody of both his lids when they turned 13 and told the judge they wanted to live with him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by stlooiearch
has anyone noted that the NY SAFE ACT prohibits the ownership of an "as issued" AR 15 ?

it cannot be shipped to him w/o violating state law.

Also in NYS there was a specific time period (Long past due... January 15, 2014) in which an "Assault Weapon" could be registered and kept.

Was it registered?

If not, A person who fails to apply to register an assault weapon on or before January 15, 2014, can be guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

You would almost definitely loose your pistol permit, and maybe all your weapons...

Just sayin,... Welcome to NYS....

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by denton
I'm not sure that the wife could legally hand the rifle over to the ex-husband if he showed up on the front porch.

Having title to property is one thing. Having possession is another. Interstate transfer of title is, as far as I know, not regulated. Interstate transfer of possession is regulated, and both the giving and receiving party commit felonies if an interstate transfer is done without an FFL.

Title to the property is probably held by the wife, if the standard 30 day possession clause is in the divorce decree. Like so many things in a divorce, he may have bought it, and it may have been his at one time, but it probably is now hers. And the wife clearly has possession of the property.

Even if the ex-husband holds title to the rifle, she probably commits a felony if he shows up at the house and she hands the rifle to him. The ex-husband lives in NY, he's not a resident of your state, and you can't transfer possession without an FFL.

Be done with this negative interaction. You don't need more conflict in your life. Either tell him to pound sand, or tell him you'll turn it over to an FFL in your state and he can deal with it from there. This is simply not worth the emotional investment it's getting.

OP lives in Colorado. The transfer would require a background check through an FFL.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Molon Labe

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

You gonna' WAIT another 24 hours + before filling in some more of the blanks in this narrative ? any particular reason you omitted this from your initial advisory ????

I've held back because how much of my dealings with my wife's ex do I want aired on a public forum? The racist fiasco with my daughter was resolved by the psychiatrist and it wasn't in the ex-husband's favor. The therapist found my daughter a well adjusted 12 year old, and the father needed to be willing to compromise on restaurant and activities that they could both find mutually agreeable according to the copy of the medical transcript we got. Nice thing about military hospitals they make everything available to my wife.

Again it was never really about him wanting the rifle back, it was about getting law enforcement to take it from us. However, after the multiple text and email threats yesterday he's been running silent today. I'm guessing he was told by the ATF that if he wanted to do something he should have done it years ago.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a PROVOST MARSHALL wherever this individual is stationed / assigned / contracted / employed,....

A COMPLETE report about ALL of this should have been on his desk, submitted as a complaint couched in the STRONGEST language, as opposed to being put out for review on an outdoors / shooting website.

The top brass at the place should have been CC'd with the same docs, as well.

I'm going to respectfully suggest you consider doing just that, as opposed to posting here and than "guessing".

The guy wants to mess with you and your missus' minds,...and you are ALLOWING him to do so.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Again it was never really about him wanting the rifle back, it was about getting law enforcement to take it from us. However, after the multiple text and email threats yesterday he's been running silent today. I'm guessing he was told by the ATF that if he wanted to do something he should have done it years ago.

Perhaps someone tuned him into the ramifications of the Safe Act and how it might pertain to him in this instance.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by muffin

wink

For the 13yo daughter!

wink

Good one, Jorge!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,852
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.